Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Lie is Key: Part One Chapter Four

Lie is Key: Part One Chapter Four

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon
"

The Trip to Holly Cooke.

"

7:30 a.m. is the time I woke up for the Augusta trip to Holly's house. The sun was starting to shine over the SC Backcountry Mountians. Animals start their day at this time during that new start of Fall. Leaves turning colors from fresh green to a light yellow around the town.

 

 

 

 


I woke up dreading for more sleep but I already got packed up for Augusta to make a suprise visit to Holly. I decided to get breakfest on my way down to Augusta. Maybe a Bojangle's chicken biscuit I thought to get my day started out with a bang.

 

As I got out of bed dragging, I decided to put on a suit. A garnet and black suit with my black dress pants, shoes, and garnet socks. It was like a reunion for my college at University of South Carolina with the team colors. I brushed my teeth, combed my ragidy hair, and set down to the main door to leave. I checked every little belonging I have (Just to make sure if some jackass doesn't come to the house and steal's every rich and prize's I own). I had a book collection filled with my favorite author's; Edgar Allan Poe and Mark Twain. Everything checked out okay and headed to my garage outside in front of the house. As I opened the door, a gust of wind blew through my non-shaved face (Which I haven't shaved after Caroline's death but planning on shaving my dark brown haired face over at Augusta) and went into the house as I shut the door with the sqreaching door to lock it.

 

I turned to my old wife's Ford Mustang as I opened my garage the had a width of my house for my two cars and a truck. My wife used to have the Mustang (But I am still deciding to sell it the way the economy is doing with a dumbass of a Pres.). I own two vehicle's which is my Dodge Challenger 2011 and a Ford F-350 2005. I then took my Challenger, which I use it about everyday and my truck for vacation's to the beach sometimes when Caroline and I had our romance moments.

 

So at 8:58 a.m., I left with my clothes and money and hauled off to Augusta, GA.

 

I headed down the main route on my GPS to Augusta. As I was driving, no other car was in sight for many miles until an hour later cars start coming out from a Exit which had Bojangle's. So I drifted off toward the right and over to the Bojangle's. I headed into the parking lot knowing that the senior citizens will be in there with their buddies from WW2. So I went onto the drive thru and ordered a chicken biscuit. After ordering it, I went to the last window to pay and grab the biscuit. A great tall chunky middle aged woman appered by the name of her tag; Kitty Smith.

 

"Here you go sweetie. A chicken biscuit to go," she said in a very ragidy way with a touch of sweetness I thought.

"Thank you ma'am," I replied with kindness.

As I pushed the gas to leave, I heard like a sceam saying,

 

"You are Joe Edwin McKnight."

 

I was a little aghast when I heard it. I backed my car up tortoiselike to the window and said,

 

"Excuse me?"

"Yes you are Joe, the one with the cheating wife," she said in a deep dark voice with a evil grin that smiled very wide to the edge of her wrinkle face.

I wanted to shove my paid biscuit down her throat and left to die for it, but it isn't right. I replied restraining myself,

 

"What did you just say, ma'am," I started to lose my cool.

"I just said that Caroline cheated on you. That's all I just F*****G said."

 

The voice rised making the car window vibrate the side of me and my ears felt busted. I got so frightened that I raced through the drive way not coming back. I looked at the mirror and she still had that evil smile on her face.

 

I was a few minutes there after dring another few hours to Augusta. The cars started to make a huge line with cars on the other side of the main highway heading out of Augusta. The sign seconds later said, AUGUSTA EXIT: RIGHT. I turned to the exit as said on the GPS and I headed down the main downtown of Augusta. I felt very nervous, but delighted. As I got to the downtown part, it was a crowd of people. Mainly golfers because it was a golf spot and it was lunch time by then for the retired rich old men.

 

I had to go through some roads to get to her house alright. One road had a lot of teenage kids, one road had the young newly married couple's, and at the end of the street was Holly Cooke's house. The house was filled with colorful flowers like; Roses, wiolets, and Lily's. The home was a old farm house which had a old fashion taste to it with a 2004 Mustang. The driveway was made of gravel leading it through some woods to get there (You can see the house through the trees though). I thought in my head; this is a peaceful place to live.

 

I made a lot of noise by mistake when I head toward the house. My whole body got sweaty on the seat and steering wheel, but not a lot to be drenched in it. As I got closer and closer and closer to the house, I really start getting some nervousness in my system. My eyes wide open with nerves and excitement. I got out of the Challenger wobbling like I was drunk. I walked with a perfect pace however to the front door of the old farm house. The door bell had a weird look like it was a door bell over a door bell (I really don't know, but maybe I was too nervous that I had a dylusion). So steadily, I reached the door bell and rang it. As I rang the bell, I could tell that someone was there because they rushed for the door with high heels or boots. The lock was turned and the door opened wide.

 

"Yes, are you Holly Cooke?" I asked shaking.

"Yes sir, sorry to ask but who are you exactly?"

 

Her expression changed from confused to welcoming as I replied,

 

"I am Joe McKnight ma'am," I smiled.

"Oh my gosh, it is you. I am sorry, I couldn't tell because you haven't shaved from the pictures I seen you. Well come in."

 

I bet that she was one of them people that would look at my pictures, but I laughed about it.

 

Anyway, I walked in now calm and Holly was holding the door. When I stepped in, there was a lot of gorgeous furniture, beautiful pictures, and a very nice flooring. I turned around toward and and said,

 

"What a beautiful..."

 

I paused and finally had a chance to look at her. Holly's silky blonde hair fell to her delicate shoulders. Her body was like a hour glass figure. She was almost as tall as me (She was 5 foot 10 while I was like 6 foot) and her eyes was sparkling as she looked striaght at me face to face with her graceful blueish green eyes. Her lips looked delicate with a glare from her red lip stick. I stood there gazing and I knew that I had a boner.

 

"Wow,... sorry got carried away," I snapped myself out of it.

"Oh it's okay Joe. Well let me lead you to the living room cutie," she smiled in her soft voice.

 

I have never blushed in so long and my boner kept binding me so when she turned around; I had to fix it. Holly showed me the way to the living room as I couldn't get enough of her eyes and sweet voice.

 

 

 



© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Please share it, read it, and love it. Keep following me and I still thank you readers to have the time and view it. Thank you dearly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing