Defence

Defence

A Chapter by Corvus

 I have heard tales of them, the Kriegens. Even though my grandfather fought in the Core Worlds Conflict he would tell me anything about the enemy he faced. Every time I would ask him about them he would just look down and tears would start falling and repeating the word I had too. Even when I watched documents about the war the only image of them they would show was ships and bodies of the dead, and even then they would only show them in their armor spiked helmets and all. It like those b******s at the Senate didn't want to say that they are humans or monsters at all. The only other thing the government would even let us know  or lie about them would be that we were better than them.
 All those things combined with my new found job caused a surge of emotion, fear, terror, excitement, and anger. I jumped out of the truck as the captain just started yelling orders in the discord of rushing men. The only words I heard out of his mouth was,"Sandbags."
I rushed and placed as many as I can turning the wire fence that stretches around our base into a misshapen wall with sandbags tables and benches all propped up to reinforce our now little fort. "Be careful with those f*****g mines or your gonna blow off your legs! We need everyone we can!" We ran so much the medic had to give us a shot of adrenaline to the heart to keep working. "Come on you b***h, we got to work! I'm not gonna die here!" Todd yelled this as we ran to get shovels to help dig the trench at the entrance to the base. Men jumped into the hole digging with their own hands and anything they could get their hands on. As we dug I heard men climbing the towers and putting any type of heavy gun they could carry on it. I had to take a 5 min break just to stop my heart pounding. In the last 15 minutes, all the men fell into their position around the base waiting for the inevitable outcome.
 All grew quiet, hearts racing, we all waited for 8 long dread filled minutes . My gloves felt like they were drenched in sweat as I tried my best to hold on to my rifle. No one talked the perfect silence of the base only helped the eerie feeling grow and fester in souls of the soldiers. I remembered my grandpa and what he always said,"I had to do it." What did he mean by that? What did he have to do?
 The silenced was the screaming noise flew across the sky. I felt the searing heat before I heard the ear bleeding boom. Horrible groaning and Retired scream of the horrible seared bodies flung into the sky. "What the f**k!" ringed out through the trench lines as the man stared the served head of his brother smacked into his back. "Medic!" Most of this word was drowned out by the sudden noises of metal crashing into the earth. I turn my head  and see Metal pod burst open revealing gleaming objects. 
 Bullets fly by my head pouring into lightly covered areas. The man next to me screamed as it seemed thirty smacked into his soft flesh, ripping into it as blood and gore poured out. Screams for god rang out barely noticeable under the sheer volume of fire. Next thing I heard were ships landing onto the rocky surface of this god forsaken world. The doors came crashing open as things poured out. I lift my head above the trench and prop my rifle against my shoulder, hands still pulsing from the hell I just witnessed. Todd came up with me to bear arms. In the corner of my eye, I see about twenty men rising covered in the blood and organs of their fallen brothers. We all fire desperately at the enemy as they ran across the open field. Both sides weapons blazing. Blood rushed through my veins as the enemy slowly but surely ran closer and closer. 
 I take aim as I sight the tall hats they wear. They ran into our trench with axes and knife in hand. I stare in horror as one using his sharpen metal claws rip open a man's throat blood splattering over their armor. My heart beats out of control as I watch Todd's final moments in horror as the Kriegen raises his axes and my friends head is flying off. I can hear his sporadic breathing as the small demon rushes over to me. Running over my friend's body as if it was nothing. I prop my rifle in front, yet he kept charging the rifle. He fell onto my rifle's end still recklessly trying with his axes trying to chop me up. As I fire into his he still kept trying to kill me before he finally bleeds out gasping for air out of his helmet. I feel blunt pommel strike my neck. With everything turning black the last thing remembers I falling on the cold ground in a cold pile of blood staring into the blood crazed eyes of the man I just killed.


© 2016 Corvus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good thing with the grandfather and flashback
shot of adrenaline to the hear LOL
very graphic
change where it says as i fire into hos say i fire into him
change i feel to i fell a


Posted 8 Years Ago


grammar: newfound (new-found) your gonna (you're gonna)
position should be positioned sight should be saw
final should be last


Posted 8 Years Ago


The voice narrating the action is strong and pulled me in to the narrative. Pay attention to spelling and grammar, though. It broke my attention and made the story harder to understand.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Corvus

8 Years Ago

Thank you ill use this and get my friend to go over and edit the errors.
KRGAMES

8 Years Ago

check the errors

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 15, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016


Author

Corvus
Corvus

SC



About
I hope you like my stories. more..

Writing
Camp Hominis Camp Hominis

A Chapter by Corvus