The Crimson Curse

The Crimson Curse

A Chapter by Corvus

"The terrible curse of my people, this Sanguinis Furor is a gene which plagues my people. A disease which we cannot cure with a vaccine, but yet it is in every one of my people."
 "I don't get it how could a gene can be that bad, what does it do, and what do I have to do with it?" 
" This... thing is inside every Kriegen, caused by genetics. It's a gene which was artificially created during Unification Wars, by a warlord named Patar. He was trying to make a race of super soldiers out of prisoners. He found a problem in the fact that these normal people were not as violent as he once hoped, so over the course of 3 years he created the Sanguinis Furor gene. This surgically implanted into its host would cause intense feelings of enjoyment out of killing by sending adrenaline and dopamine into the brain."
"Like, a drug?"
"Yes, like that only 2 grander, with blood flowing at such at rate that would think your heart would burst, A side-effect of this was that the iris would bright red in this state as blood flowed through the eyes to the point where veins would grow in size to the point where most of the eye appeared red, and sometimes if anger is too strong it will activate it , or even acts of happiness."
"Yea but how could a single gene infect an entire race."
"I'm getting to that point, later about 2 years after the experiment was successful, his fortress was seized by my great-grandfather. Finding the people he released them, and even took one of the women as his bride, and before we knew what was wrong with the people, we thought the gene would die out because we thought it would only be recessive and not affect that many, but we turned out to be dreadfully wrong and all the children inherited the blood curse. Our culture soon began to have honor killings and  fights in the arena as capital punishment for criminals. Taking heads soon spread through our military."
"My god.." The emperor looked at me with eyes that seemed to be filled with grief, and I understood that this man in front of me, was trying to give his people, even a small amount of them a dose of humanity,"So that's where you will come in, I want you to be a shining example for my people that is all I yet ask of you. To show my people they can be something different that there are more ways than this brutal culture, so we may yet piece together some forms of civilization not revolving around our curse." I think to myself about his story for a few seconds then I come and say,"Yes, I'll help with this, since you won't let me go home, I kinda am forced too, but you said I'm only half way done with the matches, what if I die?" The nest words filled me with terror for never in my life have I been so coldly talked to,"Then we will just find another to help me, I captured 3 from your little illegal base. So you win or we will just another to fill your place."


© 2016 Corvus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

change nest to next
so is the curse dominant
change 3 to three you only do that when it is more than ten and i like it

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on May 4, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016


Author

Corvus
Corvus

SC



About
I hope you like my stories. more..

Writing
Camp Hominis Camp Hominis

A Chapter by Corvus