Death by the Blade

Death by the Blade

A Chapter by Corvus

       Humans are greedy creatures they will do anything to survive, these words were a scar on my soul, cut so deeply I can never forget these words that my mother spoke to me after my dad. For some reason, I remember these words now, on a steel platform with lights rapidly passing by my head, causing an almost dizzying effect on my brain. I barely remember that I have a knife to my side. I can feel my blood surge through my veins. My mind racing with thoughts, what if I die, will that bring me peace, do I even deserve that after al this. Yet I had very little time to house these thoughts as the platform finally reached its destination.
   My mind went quiet, and my heart slowed to the pace of an ant. I stared into his eyes, filled with pure shock."Mendax? Why are you here, you can't be the one I'm fighting!"
"Yes, sadly for you I am, yet I see this as a way to finally get retribution for my actions. Who is better than the man who knows my sin." My blood ran cold with those words. What being wanted to die,"No, I refuse to kill you. It's wrong!" I step back as he starts to walk towards me, his words fill my heart with dread,"Who are you to change this world, silly man. If you will not give me peace, I shall make you!" He began his suicidal charge at me, not even a hint of self-preservation. I take a quick step to the side, dodging his strike. He turned around, his eyes wild, then used the knife in a backhand motion slashing a small rip in my flesh. I grabbed it in horrible pain. Reluctantly I pulled my knife as to defend myself from my former ally.
         I blocked his wild blows, with sparks flying from my knife almost like sparklers. Then I took my knife and plunged it into his arm, gore spewed from his arm is a rain of red. I quickly jump back from the death crazed man. My arms went limp as I stared into his eyes, turning a bright red. He gripped his knife and began another charge, I repeated the process as I had done before, yet this time, he slid under me and slashed my legs. I flinched in the pain, as gore slowly spews from my leg.
There was no chance to turn back, I had to kill the man I once thought my friend. I readied my knife. He began another charge, I got into a stance. Time seemed to slow as he charged, each step taking an eternity. The dust rising with each stomp, sweat glistening down my arms, the light reaching it and reflecting like a mirror. 
His finally stepped right where I wanted him and I plunged into the charging man. My knife entered through his ribs and finally stopped when the guard struck the bone. He stood there, on the end of my blade. I heard the blood slashing on the knife in the soon to be corpse. His eyes slowly turned to a light brown and he muttered his last words as blood pooled in his lungs,"Tha.. nk you."
        I lost grip of the knife and I fell to my knees in regret. The sound of the metal of the knife ringed on the cold ground and tears formed in my eyes. A form appeared from the dust in front of me,"To..dd?" This time, he didn't say a word and he just smiled that idiotic smile and walked into a wall and fell back into the dust. 


© 2016 Corvus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on May 24, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016


Author

Corvus
Corvus

SC



About
I hope you like my stories. more..

Writing
Camp Hominis Camp Hominis

A Chapter by Corvus