The First Duel

The First Duel

A Chapter by Corvus

 I barely remember what happened. I saw my leg being drenched in blood and everything almost went black until the girl came back with people who helped with the wound. Half way through the process everything went black. I awoke with the sword guy right next to the place where I was. I heard something about a duel and the next thing I know is the girl is in there studying my wound.
  ¨Um hello,¨ She just keeps looking at the cut like she never skinned her knee,¨What are you doing?¨
 ¨ I'm studying you.¨ She sounds as if I'm some kind of alien. I almost screamed as she poked my cut with a metal prod.
¨Yeah I can see that but why? Oh God, that hurts!¨ She stops the prodding and looks me in the eye,¨Why, well you're the first dog I seen.¨
¨Science type.¨ She gets up and walks to the door and turns around right before she leaves.
¨There is also the fact that your time to recreation time is up and now its time for you to fight.¨ She leaves the room before I can ask any more questions and I just lay down.
¨Fight... so that's why I'm still here, and not cracking jokes with Todd.¨ I remember how it came all to this, the base, the battle, and now this might be the last time I can drink. ¨Nurse!¨ A figure walks in clad in full armor with white and red markings, I think I almost just s**t in my pants. ¨Yes.¨ The voice almost seems inhuman and robotic, I try to mumble out my request.¨ Since this... battle thing is going to happen tomorrow can I have something to drink.¨ It comes up and turns my face right to left almost watching for the faintest sign.¨ 
¨I don't think that will be a problem, as long as its non-alcoholic.¨ I grumble to myself but I still get to drink something good as a prisoner so I don't voice my complaints,¨Ok.¨ I sit there helpless like I'm almost a pig ready for the slaughter. It brings me my drink and I grab it with my hands and chug it. I savor the taste as its the first decent thing for weeks I have had to drink. After that, I just lay down and slept.
 We I awaken I found the ship shaking."Holy s**t!" I feel a shock through my body as the ship comes to a grinding halt. I got up and found myself able to walk even with the force of the ship. I see the white and red armored medic come through the sliding door.
"Get up." The robots voice has a cold and chilling tone, even more than usually. I stood up fast as if the captain ordered me to and followed the figure into a room. It gives me some clothes and almost tosses me into the room. I found it was a simple white shirt and baggy pants. When I put them on I notice the nice little gold trim along the seams which I kinda like compared to the brown s**t I was wearing. As I walked outside I saw two soldiers with their mask engraved with a raven carved into the top portion of the mask. They marched up to me and forcibly added a nice, tight, painful metal collar. Both of them grab my arms and attach cuffs to both my wrist with a chain attached. I walked outside the room and saw the blood-stained helmet."B***h." I mutter this only to myself to prevent the jackass who stabbed me from hearing. Next to him is the weirdo who has been studying me. It's the first time I can really look at him, I didn't notice the ruffly cut chin, which it looks like he did himself with his axe holstered at his side. It also appears he finally got rid of the blood stains on his helmet, now replaced with clear red tally marks.
Then their his niece or I think, I can't really recall what he said after he stabbed me. Unlike the old manic beside her she appears to be around my age, do Kriegens really age like us, is she 21? She has dark brown hair, which I couldn't really tell when she still had that helmet on her head. The two things that really stand out between me and the humans and these guys are the fact that they are paler and shorter. You really don't notice the red eyes till you get close. 
 I stood there for about 4 seconds give or take till Tweedledee and Tweedledum pushed me on my way. It was only then that I noticed the massive metal pillars stretching from the ground to the... what the f**k! I noticed that this entire place was a f*****g city-sized cave. Yet I barely get any time to gawking with my jaw halfway to the ground, till the wonder twins pushed me again,"Gluais sios!"
"What?" These guys must have no common decency because instead of telling me what the f**k he said before stabbing me in the back with a mini taser. Then they grabbed me on the arm and pointed me in the direction of a train looking thing. Marching down the road I could feel eyes on me. I could see out of the corner of my eye small children glaring at me with daggers, women backing up from me, and Men just standing there watching my every move with their hands at their side near a holster. Cars(or what I think about are cars)would purposely drove next to the road almost hoping that the wonder twins would push me into the road. 
 I stepped through the dark streets, boots clanking on the hard stone floor. As I got on the train I saw that this was special, that I was going to somewhere important. Six guards all dressed in the same uniform as the wonder twins behind me. I sat down in the train sit near the entrance, surrounded by men and women dressed in the same garb as me. Thier faces down, eyes full of sorrow. The train speed through the city, I watched as tall pillars of housing, factories, and other things that cities need and want. The city seemed to be almost like its own country. My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw a massive statue of a bird seemly to be made of black glass. Then I saw where the train was heading for, a massive arena with pillars jutting into the roof with golden light shining for it with flags hanging from the windows. 
 The train came to a complete stop when we came into a small hole in the side of the arena. The raven prick grabbed my shoulder and started to push me outside,"Hey, I can walk on my own two legs a*****e!" Ignoring me he keeps pushing me towards a door. Then I notice that the rest of the people except another guy went another way. As the doors came open a golden light struck my eyes and almost blinded me.
 There I was in a giant fighting pit, given only a small sword with a criminal staring me down with a halbert. He rushed at me with fury I haven't seen since the day of the attack. I jump to the right, but I still feel blood oozing out of a small cut. I strike my sword against his wooden handle like in all the movies. It only does a chip... well I'm fucked. I feel a staff come across my belly, and I'm almost forced 4 feet back just from that. I quickly move to dodge the next strike. I thrust my sword but all I feel is air. I feel a slicing wind next to my head as dust flys into my eyes. I feel my grip loosen as fear fills my body. As the dust clears I see the blade of the halberd above his head. I kick into his legs and he falls over in pain. HIs eyes turned a blood red color. I stumble to my feet as I see him grab my blade and throw it. It slides across the ground and plows into the ground. I ran over to the small blade. I grab it to find my enemy over me and halbert already ready to shank me. I take my blade and drive it though the a******s ribs. The crimson blood crawls gently onto my hands. I shake and tremble at what I just done to a human being. I look up in horror to find the crowd cheering with blood red eyes, staring at the poor man's blood pours onto the cold sands. I look down at my own hands in horror as blood si smeared over them. I vomit what last vestiges of food I had as I watch as the man coughs up his own blood as it filled his mouth. This is wrong I can't let this man die like this. I take my blade and hold the dying man. I take my blade and rip it into his neck. after a second the goals of blood stopped and I see this corpse with a faint grin across his face as his eyes slowly turns to a deep dark red. The mob roars as if they have won a war. I still feel my hands shaking as they take me away. The crowd of blood-eyed monsters shouted in glee,¨May the weak burn in the fire of the strong!¨


© 2016 Corvus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

change si to is
change stopped to stop
i like the ending

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016


Author

Corvus
Corvus

SC



About
I hope you like my stories. more..

Writing
Camp Hominis Camp Hominis

A Chapter by Corvus