The Hunt

The Hunt

A Chapter by Corvus

 A blinding light awakens me and my body feels as stiff as that one night in college. I try to sit up but it appears some f**k tied me down, just like college. I try to look around me to see what's going on only to see that I'm once again being raised into the hellhole. The sky above me seems to split right down the center as good ole john is scared shitless. The platform finally stops and lets me go when it appears I'm in a.... stubby forest. Trunks appear to be thicker and the grass seems to be more like moss. I notice a little buzzing around my ear. I try to slap it only to end up hitting myself like a moron. The thing flys in front of me and lands on my finger. I study the little prick only to see a red flashing light on it.¨ It's a f*****g camera.¨ I say softly, I'm not all that surprised, but that raises the question what's in the forest do they really want me to kill. Just as I end that statement a roar shakes my bones to the very core. It's like a mix between a wolf and a lion. I run and climb the nearest tree. The shear force of gravity has me already sweating for the activity. I just want to sit there for a while and rest. Yet mother nature must really hate my guts as a monster of a beast appears before me. Dark gray fur, pointed teeth jutting out, with 4 arms all holding on the limb it is resting on. Out of pure shock, my a*s falls to the ground. I scramble out of the mud and start running to an area which doesn't sound like Godzilla's younger cousin is going to. I run and run to my destination till plop. I find myself face first in water. Scared out of my mind I try my best to swim to the surface, without thinking about the fact I can feel the bottom. I peak out of the water the annoying camera still on my shoulder, to catch a breath. A deafening howl came out of the abyss of the forest and trees cracked under its force."S**t," I say under my breath thinking it can't hear me if only I had that kinda luck. The thing jumped out of the forest and I ducked my head under the water hoping and praying it would leave before I lost my breath. I try to stay as still as I can but for some reason the water seemed to try to crush me, like a monster holding me underwater. 
 It was a change to even resurface. When ii looked around for the hairy mongrel it seems like it was gone. It was a problem to even get to shore. My outfit seems to be waterproof as it didn't absorb as it felt the same as when I was inside. I quickly looked around for anything I could use as a weapon. For some reason, our Kriegen a*s hats thought it would be a good idea to hide weapons for the person they throw into a hell hole where they are supposed to f*****g fight to the death. I pat down my entire body and feel something on my leg.
 I take out the small military-style knife, but at the pommel it feels weird and I start to unscrew. It reveals a compass and a small bottle filled with green liquid. A brilliant idea came to my mind. When that thing came to the shore it didn't see me in the water so  if I hide in the water and lure it to the shore. Yet what was the purpose of this strange green crap in this small bottle? I take a small drop of it and drip it onto a rock, it did nothing. Why didn't his piece of s**t do anything? Thinking it was useless I take the rock and throw it into the pond. A loud popping sounding ringed out, and sparks fly out of the small  rock. An idea popped into my mind. I heard the beast roar flood my body in fear. I quickly gathered rocks and climbed up the tree. For 5 hellish minutes, I waited watching the ground and the trees, the silence only broken by the ear bleeding roar. Till I finally saw it plop onto the soft wet ground near the pound. I threw a rock making a small splash in the water. The beast jumped into the water, eager to rip me into millions of pieces. When it didn't find any trace of me it came out of the water with its fur glistening in the light of the area. 
 I grab the bottle of the green stuff and pop the cork and pour it all onto the beast. Sparks flew everywhere even catching the tree I was on fire as the beast raced around trying to get rid of the horrible flesh-shearing flames which overtook its body. I plop down with a sudden knee bleeding pain in my leg. I fall helplessly onto the ground as the hellish flaming beast charged at me. It gripped me with untold strength as I can feel the heat  emitting from his fur bright red. I scramble out of its grip to find my hand on a rock. I grip it as the beast comes near. I swing my arms as I heard a bone cracking pop slam into the beast jaw. It returned the favor as its claws dug into my flesh leaving a mighty gash from which poured out a beautiful crimson."F**k!" I grab my knife as the beast scrambles around wildly. I jump onto its flaming back the fire shearing my skin. I take my knife and thrust it into the beast neck. As I hear it gurgle on it's on blood I take the knife and keep stabbing uncontrollably. Rage filled my body, as the flames almost did nothing to prevent me from continuing on with the vicious attack. I feel fatigue flush into my arms  as I try to stand. My legs feel as they are just about to snap as I fall unconscious onto the forest floor. 


© 2016 Corvus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what do you mean by change to even resurface and you put two i's you only need one (in the next sentence)
change fight to fighting


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
1 Review
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016


Author

Corvus
Corvus

SC



About
I hope you like my stories. more..

Writing
Camp Hominis Camp Hominis

A Chapter by Corvus