Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

Jessie gets an early present from Ben

"

Chapter Eight

 

I hate ice packs. I hate how I have to constantly switch one every few hours because the one I have melted. It ruins my plan to stay in my room all day.

I haven’t told Ben that Dakota hurt me. I haven’t talked to him in days. I feel like if I contact him, he’ll know something is wrong with me.

Stupid melted ice pack, I thought to myself while walking down the stairs to get a bag of ice cubes since the other ice pack probably hasn’t frozen all the way yet. I noticed a box sitting on the coffee able. I was curious and I wanted to check it out but I figured it was someone's mail and I probably shouldn't touch it.

My mom filled up a small bag with ice, "You're healing a lot faster than I thought."

"I guess so." I felt so ugly with these bruises all over my face, I want them to go away now but that's not how life works.

"That box on the table just arrived, it’s for you and it’s from Ben." My mom said and I looked back over at the box confused. What did he get that looks like it has a lot of weight to it? "Mingan's getting the box cutter so you don't have to use scissors."

I'd rather use my nails to pick at the tape even though it wouldn't work as effectively as a box cutter. Ben sent me a Christmas gift; I opened the card while my dad took the present out of the box.

 

Dear Jessie,

Merry Christmas, I don't know if I'll see you before then, but I'm coming to visit on New Year’s. I got you a present a week ago but I got the idea during thanks Giving, I hope you like it as much as I do.

-Ben

My dad placed the neatly wrapped present on the coffee table and I managed with only one good hand to open it in a decent amount of time. I blushed when I saw what it was, sitting on the table, a big orange box with red stripes a case for soda I could see the little caps sticking out on the sides of the breakable holes in the box. He brought me a giant case of root beer.

"Why did he buy you a giant box of root beer? I know you love it but why did he get it as a Christmas present?" Claire asked, I couldn't respond. I got up and quietly walked to my room.

 

* * *

 

 

I just found out Aileen's back from her grandmother’s house. I completely forgot how miserable I was about the bruises, hell I forgot about the bruises all together and I threw on my jacket and boots. It's been snowing all morning and afternoon but my dad's been shoveling when it gets to that point. I walked at a fast pace to get to Aileen's house but I was cautious for any un-melted ice.

Aileen and a few little kids were playing in the snow when I walked over to her house, walking through almost knee-deep snow; I made my way over to her.

"Hey Aileen" I waved to her interrupting their snowball fight.

"Oh my god what happened to you?" She gasped when she noticed the bruises on my face. I pulled my hood closer to my face hoping it created a shadow and hid some of the bruises.

"Nothing, I fell while shoveling snow the other day with my dad. That's not why I'm here; I need you to take me to the radio station in Portland tomorrow." I'll have to put some kind of cover-up on to hide the ugly mass on my face hopefully it'll work.

She asked with a smile on her face, "Because Ben's going to be there?"

"Well yeah but it's because of the present he sent, I have to 'thank' him for it." I wasn't sure what I would do when I got there, but I know I'd do something.

"Sure, I'll take you to Portland tomorrow, unless we get snowed in, my schedule is completely free." She said and I hugged her.


© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
I'm moving around chapters so the lengths are going to be a little weird.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 21, 2012
Tags: Evil Angel Version 2, Chapter 8, Present, inside joke, healing


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly