Chapter 2: The First Day of School

Chapter 2: The First Day of School

A Chapter by .quan.011.

Chapter 2

The First day of School

 

            “Peter will take you to your room” Mrs. Robinson “Tomorrow you’re start your first day of school. I advise you to get some sleep.”

            Peter waited for me to get up from the stair and then he released my hand from the cuffs. I had to admit hands were aching from the cuffs. Boy did that felt good. Then he gave me a look which meant he want me to follow him. I got out the room and followed him through the hallway. He led me through the hallway that was full with people. I noticed a hot pair of twins walking past us. I couldn’t help, but stare at them. I start thinking maybe I was going to like it here. We exit the building and walked out into the courtyard. Everyone was looking at us.

            ‘What’s up with all of them? Why are they staring at us?” I had to ask after a while.

Peter said “You have become quite a celebrity for you running from us.”

            “Sorry about that” I said.

Peter said “Tell that to the others. You made a fool of them for a while. No one could even get close to you without even alert you.”

            One of the people walked up to us with a big smile on the face. He was a tall man with black spiky hair and green eyes. He looked a little older than both me and Peter. He looked a little familiar, and then I remembered back in Arkansas I got cornered by him in a alley. He would have got me if he didn’t get cocky and drop his guard. I punched in his face and broke his nose. I tried not to laugh as I tried not to stare that his wrapped up nose.

            “So you finally caught him. I knew if anyone could catch him it would be you” he said.                                   He give a lot of attitude with that you like he really wanted to catch me

            Peter said “Yeah, but watching you guys mess up was hilarious.”

“How’s your nose?” I added with a smile. He mocked laughed as he walked away.

            Peter said “That Brian, he’s leader of the Delta squad.”

“You have squads here. What is it military school?” I said.

            Peter said “Yes, dhampirs at this school are divided into squads where we learn group formation. You novice so you don’t have to worry about that.”

            We stopped at a huge building where there was a large group of people was exercise next to it in field as big as a football. Remind me of morning exercise I did back at the orphanage. Father Matthews was a big health nut. Every morning he would wake everybody up to do pushups, jump jacks, and weirdly thought us how to fight. We didn’t have this many people, but we did the same thing. The class was huge like a size of a small army. S**t, I was surprised I survived six months on the run from this people. Men were all bluffed and sweaty. The women were pretty fine. Then one thing popped into my head.

            “Yo, where’s my bike?” I said.

Peter said “It’s in the garage, and I’m sorry about the …well you’ll see.”

            ‘See what?”

He led me to the school garage and next to a bunch of nice looking vehicles. There near the corner was my broken beat-up motorcycle. What the hell!  I rushed over and examined the bike. They mess up my bike. It was in pieces and there weren’t even parts to put together. I would have to rebuild motorcycle from scratch.

            “What the hell?” I said looking at me.

Peter said “Well, some guys took some of frustration out on your bike.”

            I said “A******s, you want to beat me up fine, but leave my bike alone. Punk asses, I want their names!”

            Peter said “What?”

I said “I want their names and where I can find them.”

            That motorcycle was a gift given by Father Matthews the day he died. He willed it to me. I took care of it all those years and now it’s gone.  Someone is going to pay and going to Peter if he doesn’t tell who did it. Peter was just standing there quietly like a statue pissing me off every second. I want to hit him after all he hit me. I hit one time and we’re even.

            Peter said “Sorry about this. You can rebuild it. We can buy for the parts for you.”

Well that just drained me off all my angry. Parts are the hard to come by and are very expensive. If someone else paying for all this stuff makes me a happy boy. Now all I have to do is rebuild the motorcycle. I could probably make it better and faster. All  I need is a good parts. Awesome!

            I said “I guess I could,” I stood up and walked to Peter, “It will take a while I’ll have to build a whole new bike.”

            “At least you have something to do while your other classmates are in town,” Peter said, “Let’s go to the novice dorm room.”

            I nod my head as I turn to look at my ruined bike. Then I followed Peter out the garage and we went to the dorms. The boy dormitory is a big apartment with at least 10 stories with windows and a glassed front door. We walked into the building and walked by students talking and some were even sparring each other. It looked like everyone was happy yet very serious about their study. We walked by a huge room with a fireplace, huge couch, and big screen plasma television. They even had pool table, and some video games.

            Peter said “This place is our common room, a place where we can relax and hang out with our friends.”

             Then we walked up four flights of stairs until we got to a floor with dorm room doors everywhere. Peter led me into door with the number 704 imprinted on it. Peter opened the door and we walked into it. It was size of an apartment with a full size bed, a small kitchen, and a huge dresser.

            Peter said “Well this it. Nice meeting you, Nick.”

I said “Thank, nice meeting you too.” Peter and I shake hands, and he walked out the room.

            I closed the door behind him. Then I turned around to see the ghost of Father Matthews. I sighed as I took a seat on my brand new bed. He walked over and sat next to me.

            “What are you doing here? What do you want now?”

Father Matthews said “Jordan and Betty are dead.”

            “What? How do you know?”

 “Someone is picking you guys off one by one.”

            “What about Alexis? She could be in danger.”

“She is fine! Now, you understand why you’re here. You’re safe. Learn all you can because you’re going to need every bit of it.” He looked around. “Nice place, add a little color, few posters, and you can make it a real home.”

            “So that your advice. Learn all I can. Does every dhampir get a Casper or am I just a lucky few.” Father Matthews laughed and disappeared.

            I fall back into my bed. It has been a long time since I slept in a real bed not a wall or haystack. In no time, I fall fast asleep, but I didn’t stay asleep. I keep awaking now and again. This kept happening all night long, but I got used to this. I did it while I was on the run and it saved my life a lot. Now, it was just annoying.

            Next morning, while other people were starting to get up I was already up doing my own morning exercise. I heard a knock on my door while I was doing pushups. I stopped and got up from the floor. I walked up to the door, and looked into the peephole. It was Peter wearing a gym uniform and had a bag in his hand. I opened the door.

            “Here, what’s up?’ I said him.

Peter said “Hey, I got you some clothes you can wear. There also the uniform and some gym clothes.”

            I said “Thanks. Uniform?”

Peter said “Don’t worry about the uniform. You only have to wear it on special occasions. Oh and here’s your schedule.” I looked into the bag. There was a bunch of clothes and books. Then he hand my schedules.

            I said “You seem to have combat class now. Well, see you later.”

Peter walked away as I closed the door. I examined the clothes. They were pretty nice, dressy, and very classy. Then there were couple nice jackets there were two both leather one was black with a hood, and the other was shorter and dark red. I looked at the gym clothes it was regular white tee and gray sweatpants. I change into them and walked out the door. I walked down to the field with other people that looked my age all form a line and they all were weirdly beautiful. They all were even the guys which were odd since I never really notice before, but I had to admit it. Then I heard a voice behind me.

            “So you are Nicholas? Don’t you have a last name” a male Scottish voice said behind me

“Don’t you have a black eye?” I asked him

            “No”

I smiled “Let me change that.” I turned around and threw a punch at the guy.

            The guy caught my fist. He was tall, muscular, and brown hair ponytail with brown eyes. He had plastic grin on his face. Then he picked me up and tossed me off the field. He laughed as I slowly got to my feet.

            “I see why others had such tough time catching you” the man said, “You’re strong kid, but your form is…”

            I leapt into the air and kicked the guy in the face. Everyone grasped as I landed on the ground. I hit it him yet I was hurting while he just stand like a statue. He grinned as he walked toward me. I got into fighting stance as he kept walking toward and felt like watching a tower get bigger and bigger the closer you go to it. The bright yellow sun became cover by the man. Holy s**t was I in trouble. I drop my guard for a second and the man hit me so hard that I went fly into the crowd.

            Then one of the student said “Mr. Stevenson, that enough.” Mr. Stevenson’s face turned serious.

            “He’s fine. He has that old fashioned warrior spirit” he said walking toward me.

I got up and looked at him. He smiled at me.

            “I haven’t seen such warrior spirit since Peter.” He said

A boy said “Wow, he actually has some good to say.”

            “Everyone back in line, even you little man” He said pointing at me.

I got into line with everyone else and we started doing exercises. It was only half way through class when I started noticing someone in the crowd. She seems familiar with her skinny yet muscular frame, and black that was in a bun. I kept staring at her from the corner of my eye. Once the class was over, I immediately started walking toward the person. I didn’t know what I was going to say, but it didn’t stop me. However the two big guys next to her did stop me, but I was able to get a small glimpse of her. Alexis! There was no doubt in my mind that was Alexis my old fri… I wouldn’t really call her a friend.

            “Alexis!” I yelled. She turned around to see me. Her pretty brown eyes met mine and then she walked over. I don’t know what I expected a hug, or maybe I missed you. She walked over and gave me a right hook in the jaw. I hit the ground as Alexis walked back to her little group. Yeah, I forget to tell you me and Alexis has history. Alexis and I came from the same orphanage. We looked out for each. We were very close, and liked each other. She gave me my first kiss. We were love and were crazy about each other. Then a family wanted to take her in and she didn’t want to go. She didn’t want to leave me, but it was a better life so I said something. She was very upset and told me she never want to see me again. I just let her go part of me always regret that. I never wrote her or called her. I let her fade away. She haven’t changed still mad as hell like the night that she left. She also as beautiful as the night she left. I didn’t know she was a dhampir like me. I think I’m going to like here.



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm, the story seems cool and full of action but you should really work on your style, descriptions and a bit on the grammar.

For example:
"Tomorrow you’re start your first day of school." A minor mistake, should be "starting" or "start" but without the "are". You have many sentences like. Try hunting them down and adding the "ing" :)

Also you have quite a bit of repetitions. Try making the sentences a bit more flowy too, like the back story about Alexis. It sounds a bit shattered.

The sad truth is that even if you have a great story if its not written easy enough to read, people are just not going to bother. Luckily all i see missing in yours is the flow. Just read over it, out loud if you have to, to see where in the sentences and transitions the flow breaks and fix it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing