Chapter 6: In Trouble Again

Chapter 6: In Trouble Again

A Chapter by .quan.011.

 

            In the backyard of Smallrock Orphanage, Alexis and I was walking home because it was our time to help Father Matthews prepare for dinner. We both were hungry after a long day of playing with the others. I was too happy being put on kitchen, but Alexis was ecstatic. She always liked helping Father Matthews in cooking. I wasn’t good at cooking so Father Matthews usually just put me on dishes. As we walked through the quiet suburban street, we started hearing crying coming from behind us. Alexis immediately knew who it was.

“Sammy, are you following us?” She asked turning around.

Sam walked out of the bushes. He was youngest in the ground with short red hair, freckles on his cheeks, and tears coming down his face. Alexis rushed over there and give him hug. I sighed and looked at the sunset.

“What’s wrong? Is Mike picking on you again?” Sam nod his head

Mike was the oldest and meanest of us. He was always picked on everyone expect for Alexis and I. I guess because Mike, Alexis, and I had a special bond after all we were the first children Father Matthew took in. Alexis gave me look that indicate she want me to handle it. She always expected me to deal with Mike.

I said “Okay, I deal with Mike. Tell Father Matthews, I’ll be a little late.” I grabbed Sammy’s hand.

Alexis smiled “Okay,” Then she turned around and ran to the house leaving me alone. I turned to Sam and he drove a dagger in my chest as I scream in pain. I looked at the dagger and back at Sam who was now a little older with pale skin, freckles, and his eyes just as black and cold as I remember in the sewer.

“Dumb f****r.” He said with a smiled as he twisted the dagger and ripped it out. I screamed so loud that I wake up from my nightmare. I looked around the room. It was all white with some medical equipments I seen in E.R. Amy was there doing some kind of homework.

            “Hello, stranger” I said weakly. My body hurt, I felt weak, but seeing Amy’s smiling face when she heard my voice made it all worth it.

            Amy said “Nick, oh my god you are awake. You give us such a scare.”

“Where are we?” I said looking around.

            Amy said “We are at St. Francis Hospital. Don’t worry everything going to be okay they help people like us.”

            “Good, I won’t have to fight gets us out.” I tried get up, but Amy pushed me back as if I was a child.

            Amy said “No more fighting for you. You were out for three month. That blade was so close to your heart.”

            “Best damn nap I had in years. Were you here the whole three months?” I asked.

“No, I just came up and checked on you now and again. So did Alexis, Adam, Peter, Matt, and his friends.”

            “What happened to Victor” I had to ask. I watched as Amy’s face turned sour.

“He got kicked off school campus for endangering a student.”

            He didn’t mean for it to happen and I want to go.”

   Because of him you stabbed in the chest, you could have died.”

            He showed what was really out and how dangerous the Scourge really is.” I touched Amy’s hand.

            “We were all worried about you. Peter even threatened to rip Victor’s head off.”

I smiled “That’s nice.” I start slowly drifting back to sleep.

            After a few days of visitor from Alexis to Peter to even Amy’s sisters however they only came with Amy to support her or to watch us. Then after a long wait I finally was able to get out of this place the food was terrible and all I really want was a double bacon cheeseburger. Amy of course came by and gave me some clean normal clothes. We walked out of the hospital and I amazed to find a black limousine. I turned to Amy who gave me a weak smile. The driver tried to get out, but I already opened the door for Amy. Amy got into the car and I followed closing the door behind me. Once I got in, I realized we were not alone Adam and Amy’s sisters was in the car too. They didn’t look to happy to see me.

            “Oh you don’t know my sisters. These are my sisters Anna, Sarah, and Gabrielle” Amy said. I smiled at all of them.

            Anna I could tell was the oldest. She looked more matured with long brown hair and a very big chest. Sarah looked a little same expected in the chest area, but she was a little taller. Gabrielle on the other hand was a shortest of the sister even Amy was even taller than her. They were all beautiful and they were all look like they were about tear my head off.  “Nice meeting you I’m-“

            Anna interrupted me “We know who you are.”

            Amy snapped back “I asked you to be nice.”         

            Anna said “I’m being nice. I haven’t thrown him out of the car yet.” I laughed while others just stared at me.

            “I just got out of hospital, and I really want a burger, some fries, milkshake, and not this bullshit. So um what’s your driver’s name?” I said

            Sarah said “His name is Robert” with a huge smile on her face. Amy just shook her head.

            “Yo, Robert pull over I’m getting out.” The driver did as I said I opened the door and walked out. 

            Amy said “Nick, wait.” Then I smelled something we were not alone. It wasn’t a human scent it was a Scourge.

            “Get her out of here” I screamed tapped the car roof. Then I was knocked into the forest by a blur. I crashed through some trees and landed in the mud. I looked up and see a muscular man with blonde ponytail. He had black eyes and pearly white fangs with matching skin. I got up. “Nice jacket.”

            He smiled and I dived at him. We crashed into the mud and begin smashing his head against the ground. I have been stabbed by my little brother, diss by some snobbish girls, and I am looking for someone’s a*s to kick. Luckily this guy came like beacon saying please kick my a*s. I really don’t want to live or see tomorrow. This guy must be fresh because he was nearly as others. I practically tossed him around like a rag doll. His blows were weak and I easily blocked them. I punched him in the jaw. He crashed to the ground. “I’m sorry I just feel your heart not really into this.” He growled as he charged at me.  I moved slight and punched him in the stomach so hard it flew into the air. Then I kicked him. He flew into the street and I rushed after him. He crashed into the road. Then if the last ounces he charged at me again, but this times a limousine came out of nowhere and hit him. He skids through the road making a bloody trail. Robert and Amy got out the car. I give them a halt hand signal and walked

             “I bet you think you won something. Think again. You think I’m the only one after you. I’m just the first one to get here. I promise you will die for this. Darrin will see to it. You will pay for what did to our brother” he said with a bloody smile. “That pretty little your �"“I didn’t heard the rest I stomped his face at that point.

            I heard Amy said “Can we go now?” She was little nervous I guess I head back into the limousine. Amy checking to see if I bust a wound or if I had any other wounds.

            “Amy, I’m fine. I can handle myself. See no wounds, but thanks for hitting the guy with the car.” Amy blush a little, “I didn’t know vampires can blushed.”

            Sarah said “They can if they feed. “ I realized again that they weren’t alone and little happiness was gone. Then the rest of happiness was gone when we arrived at school. I did not want to see Peterson, but there was two muscular two guys waiting for me. We walked out the limousine and they gave Amy and the others a little bow. Then they turn to me.

            “Headmistress Peterson wants a word with you.”

            S**t! I really didn’t want to go. I already knew I was in trouble I walked out of school ground in the middle of class. Yeah, I was in a lot of trouble. I took the walk of shame through the campus with Amy. She kept trying to cheer me up which is usually very nice, but now was getting kind of annoying. As we arrive at the main campus office, I saw Matt and Alexis sitting on a bench laughing. I noticed Alexis’s little bodyguards weren’t there. Alexis looked over and rushed to give me a hug. “Thank god you’re okay.”

            I would be lying if I said I wasn’t she was hugging since the last time I saw her she hate the sight of me. “Hey, I’m fine. We need to talk after I talk to Peterson.”

            She said “What’s wrong?”

I smiled “Nothing I just have to go. I’ll tell you everything when I get back.” I kept walking until I reached her office. Like always I found her waiting for me behind her desk. She smiled at me as I took my seat her expression changed quickly from nice and pleasant to very angry. It was like looking at an angry mother. “What the hell were you thinking? I told you to stay away from Victor!”

            I said “Hey you told me to stay indoors at night.” Although, I wasn’t nearly as loud as Peterson was probably a good thing. I doubt Peterson would appreciated my voice getting louder.

            “I know what I said, and you know what I meant.”

            “Oh yeah, because you wanted me to stay away from Victor because you knew this was going to happen” I finally snapped back.

            Mrs. Peterson said “Don’t get smart! Now you will stay in school ground, and you break another one of my rules I will throw to the loins, do you hear me?”

            I said “Don’t who think you’re talking, but you are not my mother.”

            “Thank god, I’m not. Patricia would be ashamed of you.”

            I said “Who?” like she said something forbidden she closed her mouth shut and stared at me.

            Peterson said “Forget what you heard, please Nick. I sorry about me yelling at you, but you must be careful. As for your punishment you trained with Peter, he’ll catch you up on everything. Nick, just forget what you heard please.

            “Yeah sure.” I lied. There was no way I would forget what I heard. Patricia, could she be my mother. I walked out of the room with saying a world. I just had to know who this Patricia was.



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wont highlight your mistakes since the comment's going to become too long again.

It was a nice idea to show a bit of their past. I like how you revealed it through a dream. The story's progressing well and character development is going nicely too.

Writing, however, is sloppy. I suggest revising, since the errors are simple and easy to spot and fix.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
1 Review
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing