Chapter 1 The Runaway

Chapter 1 The Runaway

A Chapter by .quan.011.

Chapter 1

The Runaway

               

                They’re coming! I can smell them even now. I can feel them getting closer. In the dark city of New York, there are a lot of things you should be afraid of. Muggers, murders, but I have something else chasing after me. Something hunts in the dark and has been constantly hunting me for months. Some people wouldn’t sleep in a dark alley. It’s not that safe, but for me dark, abandon, and has an accessible exit spells safe to me. In a dark alley, I was leaning on a wall trying to get some sleep next to my trusty motorcycle. It’s the only thing I actually owned. Then a weird scent hits my nose, and I immediately jumped to my feet. Oh yeah, they were definitely coming. I jumped onto my motorcycle and bolted out of the alley at high speed. They aren’t going to catch me I kept telling myself. I might know who they are, but I know what they were. They are vampires. I’m being chase by vampires.

            I know what you’re thinking, it’s crazy but I’m telling the truth. After all I was attack by one. I been in a lot of fights in my short life, but that one was the toughest fight I have been in. It killed my foster parent, before coming after me. It took a lot, but I killed it. Now, I’m being hunted by its friends nonstop. I can’t even get a goodnight sleep without them getting close to me. I rode for hours until I got out of the city. I rode down a long country side road until I reached a small abandon wooden barn. I was so tired and broke the barn was probably the only place I could sleep. I pulled up to the barn which doors were already opened so I just rode into it. It had only one-floor and it was full with old stacks of hay. I put my motorcycle on its stand and closed the doors.

            I don’t know how long I can take this, waking up periodical to check my surround which gave me no comfort. I placed my head down on the stack of hay. I kept thinking how did I get myself into this and even more I want to know to know even more how to get myself out of it. I was about to fall back to sleep when I started feeling vibrating from the ground. Then I started smelling a weird scent not a scent of a vampire something else. I ran to my motorcycle, but it was too late. They’re here. Boom! A huge wolf busted the barn doors knocking me back. The wolf was the size of a horse, black fur, and has weird blue eyes. I pushed my motorcycle through the barn door as the beast charged at me. I leaped over the beast and land on top of my bike. That was the first time I ever did that, but there was no time to pat myself on the back. I turned on the engine and kicked it into gear. I sped out of there, but the beast wasn’t alone. It had company. I rode down the country side at high speed as another beast leaped out of the fields. It was so fast that I didn’t have time to move out the way. I knocked off the bike. S**t, today just isn’t my day.

            I crashed to the ground as the wolves circles me. Amazingly I was hurt, so I got up to my feet. I prepared to fight to the death. I could hear the wolves growling as they stare at me.  There were five of them waiting for the kill well if they want something to eat. They were going to have to fight for it. I knew chance for survival was very low, but I didn’t care. Then they just disappeared like they evaporated into the air like they were made of mist or fog. Okay, what the hell going? I scanned my surrounding, but didn’t drop my guard. Everything was quiet when five dark hooded figures jumped out of nowhere and surround the same way the wolves did. One of them tried to grabbing me, but I pushed him away as the other charged at me. I overpower them and threw them off of me. I would be lying if I said it was easy. It was incredibly hard and they kept coming back no matter how many times I hit them. Until someone threw some weird looking chain around me, I tried to break them. They were too strong. I turned my head to see the guy holding the chain while other surrounded me again. The guy holding the chain took off his hold and reveals his face. He had short brown reddish hair, brown skin that was a little lighter than my own, and had brown eyes.

            “Nicholas, you are hereby under arrest. You will come with us” said the man.

            I said “Yeah, like I have a choice.” The other just laughed.

            “You’re right you have no choice” said the man then he hit me.

            Damn, I have been in many fights but no one has ever been hit me that hard not even that vampire I fought. I was completely knocked out for I don’t know how long when I finally came to I was in a luxury truck surround by the hooded figures. At least we were driving in comfort, leather interior. I was expecting a white beat up van. There were two people beside me with their hood down. On one side of me was a woman with red hair, green eyes, and not bad looking. On my other side was a tall muscular build with brown hair and brown eyes. Up front was two more people, one who hit me and other guy who I couldn’t really see his face. I looked pass the female out the window. I couldn’t identify where I am. There was huge tress, gray sky, and different kind of flowers I never seen before. That even I did escape I didn’t have where I was or where the hell I was going. Then there were these weird handcuffs on my waist. We pulled into a gate surround other black hooded figures guarding the area. They stopped the car at the gate and the guy opened the window. They started talking to each other in Russian. I think they didn’t know I speak Russian very fluently. Yeah, I have been taught many languages by Father Matthews.

            “So you finally caught the little b*****d after all this time” said the guard at the checkpoint looking at me. I just looked back at him like I didn’t understand him.

            The driver said “The hardest capture I ever had this year, and that saying something.”

            “Gentlemen, we need to keep moving so can you let us in” said the guy.

            This would be finally moment for freedom. Once I get through those gates kiss everything go back. I had to get out now! I was about to fight when I heard someone shout “Don’t do it!” the voice was in my head. I immediately looked around, but no one expect these were around. I don’t think it was them so.

“We won’t hurt you, you have my word” said the voice as I constantly search around. I didn’t really believe this voice. A lot of people said those exact words and…

“They were lying, but I’m telling to truth. You will not be harm. If we want to kill you we would have done it already” said the voice.

             They took through a very long field until I start seeing building that looked very old like a medieval castle complete with towers and stone walls. It was guard like a castle too, everywhere there were guards were patrolling. It was going to be a b***h getting out of here.  We stopped at huge building with kids my age around it talking to other kids. They stopped the van and everyone immediately started watching us. I got out of the car without a fight which I know would throw them off balance. They would expect me to punch, scream, and kick. I had to be smart, think this one through, and ignore my instinct to fight. They led inside the building where there were more kids and got me wondering if there was a prison or a school probably both. The hallway was like a high school hallway long, narrow, and had rows of lockers on each side. They led into a dark room with a desk with a fancy computer, two comfortable chairs, and a big window that was letting minimal light in. Other left so there was only me and the boy alone in the room when the door opened up and a lady walked into the room. She was dress like a lawyer with a tan business skirt with a dressy white shirt and matching jacket. In her hot little was a big file that had my name on it. She walked over to the desk and took a seat.

            “Mr. Nicholas, I am headmistress Peterson” said the woman. I admitted her voice recognized as the voice in my head.

            Mrs. Peterson said “Yes, I am the voice that was advising you to stay. You have a very calculating mind you know that not a good thing when you interacting with a telepath. “

            I said “So you are a telepath. What do you want with me?” I took a seat.

She smiled “You know what we are and that is a problem if…”

            I interrupted her “I don’t want to be a vampire.” I stand up from my seat and started backing up.

            “Nick, Nick, Nick you already are vampire or at least half vampire” Mrs. Peterson laughed as I looked at her shockingly, “You are a dhampir.”

            I asked “I’m a what?”

The boy beside me stated “Dhampir are half human half vampire offspring.”

            Mrs. Peterson said “A very powerful combination wouldn’t you say, Nick. Strength and speed of a vampire, but doesn’t have the weakness of vampires. Can walk in sunlight and doesn’t need to drink human blood.” She opened the files and looked into it. “It seems you are a very destructive person leaving mayhem and pain wherever you go.”

            I said “Okay, can I leave now?” I started getting up, but the boy pushed me back down with great force.

            Mrs. Peterson said “I afraid you cannot leave at least yet the police is after you for the murder of Kent Wellington.”

            My anger rose so fast even I didn’t see it coming. “I didn’t kill that man you guys did.”

I saw their face and there was no emotional like looking at statues in the park. Mrs. Peterson just stared at me with a dead stare like she was reading my mind.

            Mrs. Peterson said “Don’t worry we will protect you and no we didn’t kill Mr. Wellington. We know you didn’t do it too.”

            I said “It was vampire, one of you.”

Mrs. Peterson said “No, not one of us, but we investigating the case as we speak. We will clear your name, but until then you will need to stay here. You will attend classes as a regular student.”

            I said “So that is the catch, you clear my name and in return I have to go to school with creepy vampire children. So what if I say no?”

            Mrs. Peterson said “Well then I’ll let you leave and then the police will catch you eventually. After being trial as an adult, they will throw you in jail your choice, Peter. Mr. Simmons, we will give Nick here a little alone time.” She got up from the chair and head out the room with the boy following her.

            I walked over to the little window that was let in a little sunlight. The sun was shining and there was a little breeze blowing in the trees. Everyone was busy doing something outside. Some were talking to each while walking through the campus. Others were doing jump jacks and other exercise techniques in the field. I could there was two parts of the school. There was a gossip models and there was the serious muscle people.

                        “Not a bad place to live, is it” said a familiar voice.

            I turn around to see a familiar old man looking at me with blue eyes. It was Father Matthews, but it couldn’t be he did four years ago. He was wearing his usual pastor uniform, black suit with white collar and his bible. He looked very concerned.

            “What the hell? What are you doing here?” I asked feeling very worried.

Father Matthews said in a Irish ascent “I’m worry about you, my boy. You’re going through a crossroad and you don’t which side you choose between what you want and what you are.”

            I said “You knew didn’t you. You knew what I was.”

Father Matthews laughed “Of course, I could smell it on you.” Deep in your heart, you knew it, but you denied it. You want to be a normal teenager dealing with dating, going to school, but you’re not normal. You’re a dhampir curse with abilities of vampires. I tried my best to guide you, but they can teach you so much more.”

            “So you want me to stay.”I said.

Father Matthews said “You need to stay, but it’s your choice. I just want you to be happy, and I want you to make the right choice.”

            I said “What is the right choice?” He disappeared right in front of me, “Oh, thank you some much for your advice.”

            I looked out the window and see a lonely girl sitting near a tree reading a book. She was tall, skinny, and had a very pale skin. She looked like a normal teenager expects there was something about her that just stood out. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. She had long brown hair and crystal blue eyes. Yeah, my sight is that good that can see her facial feature. I could also see what she was reading. It was True’s life, never heard of it. Then all of sudden a boy walked over toward her, and kiss her. The boy looked like was my age with messy brown hair and brown eyes. I didn’t want to see that so I started looking around avoid the kissing couple. Father Matthews was right it wasn’t too that bad, and if they can help me. That’s even better, and the whole police coming after me really didn’t give me any choice

            “Of course, we have a choice,” Mrs. Peterson said behind me

I said “Well, I’ll attend the classes like a regular student, but I want my name cleared.”

            Mrs. Peterson smiled “Of course, but while we are clearing your name you must stay within the ground. We don’t want the police knocking down our doors. Oh and welcome to Bellmouth Academy.”



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great! Oh and it's attacked not attack. when you say:
" After all I was attack by one."
Hey tala! Don't be to hard on him we all make mistakes. But she does make a point it is a little rushed and it has all the things to be a great story just a little tweaking and It'll be awesome! Don't give up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its way too rushed so im kind of hoping that this is just you outlining the story and going back to it. You have MILLIONS of spelling mistakes as well. quite like the storyline though but you need to be more discriptive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again your story is good and has lots of action and description.
However i see some major errors like lots of repetitions and tense switches, sometimes even in the middle of the sentence. Nothing that cant be fixed but you'll have to put a bit of effort in rereading and editing the story.

As for style, I don't really know what to advise you, i think the best would be if you start reading books. It will help you improve your style and flow a lot.

Also i think this is supposed to be Chapter 1 but it appears as 2 just switch the places in Manage Writing tab.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010
Tags: Vampire, Action, Romance


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing