15.Kathlene (So Long and Good-bye Derick)

15.Kathlene (So Long and Good-bye Derick)

A Chapter by Weaza

   Ding-dong rings the doorbell. I groan and get off my bed. Still sore I put on a white silk floor length pajama dress and  leave my hair down. Down the large staircase i try to peak out of the window on top of the door, put the door is covering the view. I open the door and a long-legged beautiful white/blond and red-ish borwn eyed man in a white suit stands against the door frame. "Hello..." "H..Hi, I'm Kathlene." "I know, I'm Shane." Shane...why...why does that name ring a bell in the back of my head. He held out a midnight-blue rose...My favorite, not even Derick knew that. "Um...uh...Please, please come in." "Thank you, Victoria come along." What? Victoria, no, no it couldn't be...It is my friend Victoria from the start. "Victoira..." "Kathlene..." she whispers her blue, blue eyes desprate but I can't tell for sure of what. "Kathlene go fetch Derick for me?" "Oh...Are you his buisness partner he told me about?" "Yes...I guess you could say that..?" "Oh yea I was there when you called." I smiled, but it didn't ast for long...His eyes turned cold and blue not as the ocean but as ice. "Um...Are you alright?" "Oh" he smiles, "Of course! I just must see Derick before the sunrises in a few hours." I nod my head and run up the stairs to his room and fall through the door way. "Kathlene, what the hell are you doing?" he raises an eyebrow and smiles, "Ok fine but in your room, this time!" he picks me up and starts walking down the hallway when we reach infront of the staircase where Shane was waiting. While I try puching and struggling, he still hold me like a groom does when he carries his bride out the door. "Oh Derick my boy look at who is here!" Shane yells and Derick freezes so still it was like a picture.  He turns his head to see Shane and his jaw drops while he drops me and I tumble down the stairs. Fortunetly, Shane caught me after two steps. "You have dropped something..." Derick only nods, "Kathlene...pack your thing you are not living here anymore." Shane says to me. I struggle out of his arms and put my arms around Derick. "No Kathlene...I sold you, because I never wanted you." he pushs me away from him and doesn't look at me. "Darling, Kathlene, I do hope you remember your true name...Scarlet." Scarlet... A lady who looks a lot like me comes to mind, a wedding dress and a man standing at the alter. A sharp pain comes to my side as I wrap my arms around the pain. Shane saw me sway and caught me. "You sure love catching me don't you?" I mumble, "Love, more than you know." Memories flood into my mind, Derick, knife, Shane, me, unborn child, my dress having blood seep through it...My blood. Derick...He killed me. The fangs extend and my mind is racing. "Derick..." I cry, "YOU PROMISED! YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVED ME." I look into his eyes, they move between Shane and I, him clinging to me as I too him. His eyes scream anger, confusion and the desire to kill. "You freaken retarded girl Kathlene, I took away your moment, your last innocence." his smile scares me, it is not the sweet innocent smile I knew...and loved. "Derick what are you doing?" I ask terrifed, "Oh please Scarlet you don't remember? I pretend a many year ago to love you, only to take money from you and ruin your life. Of course, the devilishly handsome and devious handsome man I am it worked. Shane here has never wanted anything but you. So I thought, "Hey why not ruin his day?" so down the ile you went and I THOUGHT you loved me, you betrayed me by going to him so I did something to both of you, I ruined Shane and killed you. Which I can do again-" he screams. Derick grabbed hold of my neck and squeezed. Slowly and painfully did I hear the little crack, cracks of my bones slowly being crushed. I couldn't hold on anymore. When I was about to close my eyes I saw Shane smile and felt the hold of Derick loosen. Victoria put a stake into his heart and he was disinergrating. I bury my face into Shane's chest and he conforts me until I fall on my knees and cry. "Derick...why..?" I weep.



© 2009 Weaza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mid-Night Blue Rose

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2009
Last Updated on July 8, 2009


Author

Weaza
Weaza

Opaloopa Village!



About
"You miss every shot you don't take" - Wayne Gretsky more..

Writing
Now Now

A Poem by Weaza