Chapter 24-3

Chapter 24-3

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 24-3



* * * *

 


“So that’s what happened.” Ma said still held EJ in her arms asleep. EJ yawns seeing everyone around him back at camp, him wrapped in a white blanket lay against Ma shoulder. Ma smiles looking down at him as he starts to wake, EJ tries to move a little but still very weak. “What happened Ma, did I miss something where is...?” EJ getting his bearings back. “I thought we were with them.” He replied.


“We were son and now we're back at camp, you just took a little nap that’s all, they said you need one.”


EJ felt kind strange being wrapped up like this, but didn’t say anything for it didn’t matter where he was, somehow he knew it, he could feel something changed in him as looks at Ma, Pa, and his sister and brothers it was like they were part of him somehow, something he could feel the love. It felt warm every time they looked in his direction. The other thing that changed, he could see something that he never did before. It was if his family was all in white light. Them and Whitmore’s nobody else except Jaydan, Lizzy and Aunty M. the rest of the group or camp they were the same felt the same too. “Ma I think there something wrong with my eyes?”


“What do mean son?” EJ tries to explain it to her as she looks about noticing herself she gives a soft giggle. “Then it must be contagious EJ because the rest of us see it too.” Then explains to him what Glen did when he was napping as she held him in her arms.


“You did that for me?” He replied. EJ eyes tear up knowing, looking at his family how bad they wanted to be part of his life. Grandma, Richard, and the aunts weren’t allowed to be a part of it because they were by blood. Yet it was enough for them as they watched, for they knew where he wanted to be. Glen knew it too yet also knew something darker was coming as he looks at Martha and the boy’s heart. Morgan is just a part of a larger problem as he looked out across boy’s life.


Ma wiped both their tears. “Yes my son, we did that for you. You gave us a piece of your heart. Now we’re giving you a piece of ours. So you know we do truly love you no matter where you are. This blanket represented for me and you that you are mine as if you really are my son, that I bore you in the womb, brought you home as a baby. That’s why he put you to sleep because you need to be reborn in my arms so I can kiss you, hold you close to me. Because I love you so much, yet it is time for you to go play with your brothers so I can feed your sister.”


Ma slowly unwrapped the blanket lifting EJ out calling Grayson over as he runs over leaping with his other brother Jasper behind him. EJ smiles as they put his arms around his brother's neck to explore the camp and see the cool neat things they now can do.


EJ watched as their brothers take turns blowing up rocks or turning them into ice. It was cool having brothers around that really loved you as they practiced and guarded you well. What really neat was when you have both sisters and brothers. Pa closing off an area just so they all could practice.


Glen said. ‘You must be ready for anything.’ It wasn’t much at first, but it caused tension among the ranks as the day grew long. Pa finally had too side with the group because even though his family needed the practice it wasn’t fair for the others that could not do the same.


Jaydan refused to step in. In fact, he was elsewhere at the time as Arken watched him head into the trees with the pixies. He was dealing with another problem that did not concern him for the moment. Tomas and Arken came up with a solution similar to what he had down in New Downing yet different. “The roster.” The differences was it had a time schedule and what they would be doing.


For instant, each person would list the skill they would like to practice at that time. Whether it be potions, tonics, herb’s mixing or what not. Another area to be set up for defense magic, and weaponry. Providing everyone did all was asked then it was decide and rethink that considering the situation, defense magic and weaponry would be very import for everyone. That everyone will be on rotation schedule except for the children.


There were arguments about what they knew and who knew what was best. That was until Margaret put her foot down right next to Lizzy. The argument ended and was decided for now Margaret and Lizzy and some of the other women they chose from each group will decide regarding the children. People learned quickly that Margaret is one woman you don’t piss off and be best have on your good side. The menfolk are still learning that, but are coming around very quickly like as she nods to them in her path.


Arken had enough to worry about as he looked one more time towards the trees. For in the trees was a somber moment as the Queen of the pixies gathers what is left of her followers that remained behind a few hundred as she looks about her tree for the last time. It is true that it is now alive once more as she looks at Jaydan on one side and Derrick on the other side as he to nods and bows one more time to her. She thanks him for coming with tears in her eyes for her people now lost to the world.


“It is time.” She slowly walked the last league of the staircase to the throne. The trumpets blow in the tree around them as lights dim. It calls forth the new Queen of the Pixies “Airrana,” the trumpets sound as drum beats. The new Queen slowly walked through the doors as all pixies bow and kneel as she walks by them. She slowly walks up the stairs of the thrown and kneels before the queen. Then kneels once more to Jaydan and to Derrick then stands and waits as the master himself appears as a prince in majestic white. Once again the trumpet all sound, all is quiet as the Master lays forth the wand in hand, placing the other hand on her shoulder as she kneels.


The old Queen placed the crown on her head with a kiss and kneels at the master as he placed one hand on her heart then she too is changed once more. As she glowed with light then he fades leaving her. The old Queen stands with tears not of sadness, but of joy for he has filled her with life once more. Lorana turned to Derrick and Jaydan. “It is finished. I have kept my promise.”


Jaydan seemed slalom. “Yes, but are you willing to leave now knowing that you are no longer be Queen and must follow and be lead by another.”


Lorana smile soon gone as she turns looks at her people then drops her head. “I must do what I must, for I did promise with my heart that I would.”


Derrick picked her up in his hand. “Never fear the unknown, for the master has touched you this day. Your heart your soul shall not be touched by darkness. So be at peace my friend, for you are among friends and your people as we travel to a new home.”


Lorana tries to smile back at her old friend. “You have gotten wise and cunning you old rascal no wonder they wanted you bad.”


“Yes, but they couldn’t catch me, you on the other hand,” looking at the sore on her leg “came close.”


“Oh, it’s nothing.”


Jaydan looks at the rash noticed it too. “It is not nothing my dear friend, a Darzzee blade scratched you why you are not dead is beyond me, but could it be?” Looking at the new Queen. “Being Queen has something to do with it? Not that meaning black heart I mean protection placed once your queen.”


Derrick paced around the tree every eye on him not realizing he was causing such a fuse. Jaydan not waiting for answer rushed out of the tree with Lorena because if he is right she has lost the protection and being so small there was no time to waste. Derrick still pacing then decides it best that they should put her in a sup…? As he looked around for Jaydan.


The Queen whispered. “He left taking her with him, she was starting turn gray. Not that you or he noticed simple minded people.”


“Gray?” He asked.


“Yes. Gray, sick, dying what part do you not understand. Now if you don’t mind. I would like to have a private party before we depart.”


“Oh yes, congratulations my majesty. “Derrick bows himself out then running towards the camp.


Jaydan yelling at the top of his lungs for the Kollie then running almost right into him “quick she needs to be healed, where’s your wife”


“Over there?” He replied.


Time was running short as he watches the Lorana grow weaker. “Just a scratch that’s all,” barely even to sit up.


Rena quick running over as she looked at Jaydan hands seeing the pixie then looks at Jaydan “how do I heal one these?” She asked.


Jaydan just shocked as he was. “I don’t know you’re the expert.”


Kollie gently picks up the pixie and sets her on a clean cloth. “I hope this works.” Taking his wife's hand they both place a finger on the pixie say the words with love as they watched. The feeling was different yet the same as they watch the glowing light surrounded her then quickly fade away. They left their fingers as the Lorena spreads her wings she was indeed healed. The mark on her leg was gone as she raises as if had it not one blemish.


Derrick came rushing out of the trees find them all staring down at Lorana as she flies over to him. She smiles as she sat on his shoulder. “So are you going to be here awhile are just passing through?” Laughing, thinking it was really funny, seeing him fusing over nothing but a scratch.


Everyone else laughed to including Derrick after a few minutes. Then asked. “What’s for supper and who’s providing the entertainment.”


Jaydan laughed. “I’ll get back to you on that one since I am just passing through.”


Derrick had puzzled look on his face as he looked at Jaydan, But all was explained around the Syneral and Captions table except the greatest details for some secrets were best kept from the High Council these days unless you're in front of the master when told.


As far as entertainment they felt a nice calm night would be nice under their sky. “Not” as the women shouted poking their husbands with a wooden spoon. They had Fireworks of all kinds that children squealed with laughter with music that filled the air. Margaret wasn’t taking any chance as she kept watch that night because she had a funny feeling that something was coming somewhere and it was big.  She planted her foot down in front of the Captions if they even thought of leaving their post. She would have them for supper.


Something just didn’t feel right somewhere, what? She wasn’t sure, as she looked to the north where they were heading in two days. The second group would be leaving and they were not prepared as she sized up the people in the group she knew it.


As she slowly made her way to Jaydan as he looked over the maps with Derrick he knew it too as he looked into her eyes then looks away. Then slowly makes his way around the camp before turning back to his friend Derrick. Derrick understood placing one of the maps in his pocket before leaving as he pats his friends on the back.


Jaydan stops then enter's his tent seeing Margaret waiting as he sets a ward around them then nods. “I know Margaret,” before she opens her mouth, “I know they are not ready, but they must face it so they can be ready. I can’t do it for them. They must learn to do it on their own without me. You need to learn that there is time and place for things to happen good and bad. You can not have one without the other. The Whitmore’s the Downing’s everyone must learn it. I’ll I can do is set your mind at ease that everything will work out in the end. Now I am tired and I would like to spend what I can with my wife before I leave tomorrow.”


“What?” She replied.  Margaret nearly goes unhinged “you're actually leaving us?”


Jaydan sighed. “Yes, now then please, I am tired.”


“Why?” She asked.


“Because I have to that’s why, isn’t that enough?”


“No Jaydan,” Jaydan sits on the bed next to her puts his arm around her.


“Margaret like you and me we each have a task. mine is to lead these people to a new  home.”


“Yes, I know that.”


“What you don’t know,” He recounts to her of all the people he has to keep track of in some way or form.  For they are all on the same journey learning differently what they need to learn. “I can’t do this sitting still in one place they all need me at some point if they know or not.  For I’m the compass they are to follow.”


Margaret could almost feel the weight that is on his shoulders as she looked into his eyes. Derrick had the same look sometimes too, Margaret sighs. “My task gets harder and harder.”


Jaydan smiles as he looks at her. “Seems like that doesn’t it. Well least you have one group to worry about.”


“Yes I do and it’s going to take every bit of my strength to make sure they can survive what’s coming because I feel whopper of a storm a brewing and now more with you gone.”


“Yes, but you’ll have help this time, you just need to help them along to use it and others in your group.”


“Thanks, I think,” as she slowly makes it back to her tent watching Betty check the wagon one more time. “What is about that wagon?”





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 24, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep