Chapter IV

Chapter IV

A Chapter by Linzey
"

The search begins...

"
And so they search. They do all that they can to try and find her. They look at her personal possessions. They talk to friends... even though there are so few to find out what was going through her head before she left. The only place they do not fully look is on her computer.

The computer was her safe haven. There she could write as much as she wanted and not have to worry about what others thought. She could tell her stories of the day. She could explain her feelings while she silently cried as they were written. Her computer was her safe haven... That's where it all began.

" I guess you can tell how I've been acting different these days... Even though none of my friends have. They seem to not understand how I can actually come to school with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart. They still seem to think I'm the same person I was last year, the year before, or even last week. They never notice anything. Maybe that's a good thing though. They might think the reason I leave is because I couldn't take my sad life anymore. Maybe they'll just think I'm lying in the grass somewhere not moving, unable to. Paralyzed from the bullet that entered my heart. They wouldn't understand my true reasoning. They don't know about him. They don't know what happened before and they really don't know about me. Since they don't care, why not find the one person that does? It might take some time and hard work, but I will find him. I know it's going to be a long ways away, but I will get there. No matter what."

They search high and low around their home town, but find nothing. I don't believe they know just how badly she wants to not be found. Yet, their search continues. They begin in the forest. Their feet crunching along the ground. They don't like to hide from her. It's almost as though they want her to know that they're coming. But, she's not even there anymore. She still has the abilities of the animals. The natural instincts that we as humans so easily lose. Moving with care, so that no other can hear her. Moving quickly in the night, hiding so easily within the trees.

Yet, their search continues. Endlessly looking for something that isn't even there anymore. So she goes on searching for what she knows is out there somewhere.


© 2010 Linzey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"...Even though there are so few to find out what"
i'm seeing how you're trying to repeat this later on but the punctuation here's pretty annoying. you need a comma after "few" and if i were you i'd just use parenthesis starting instead of the ellipses and ending after the few. another great chapter though, loving the narration.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey