Chapter VI

Chapter VI

A Chapter by Linzey
"

The trail begins to fade...

"
Weeks have now gone by. We have looked all around and still have found nothing of the poor girl that is now without her parents or anyone to be more specific. The trail has begun to run cold. Most likely this is just like the blood that is... or was in her veins.

Yet, her family wants us to search even more. Our radius slowly becomes larger and larger. From her home town of Bath, all the way to Albany soon enough. They just won't give up. We don't understand how she can get that far without the help of another. Could there be someone that's sheltering her this whole time?

We've heard more "spottings" of her. They all claim that they saw a girl or... someone running behind their homes in the forest. But, all we ever see are the tracks of animals. Every time we go back and take a closer look we can easily spot the critter that they thought was the girl. Most times it's a fox. This is what we don't understand. They say it looks human, tall and thin, but there is never any sign of her steps. It's not like she can float above the ground.

More weeks pass. It begins to grow again. Now we're into Pennsylvania. She can't be alive now. It is just too crazy. The snow has completely covered the ground. Our temperature gauges read below zero some nights. It's the harshest winter we've had in year...

Sadly, I can imagine her now. Her body lays cold upon the ground. Snow falls softly onto her. It covers her like the blankets she no longer has. Her hair hangs in front of her face. It wants to cover her against the cold... the cold has already gone through her. Her hair can do  no help at this time. Her eyes are closed. We will no longer be able to see her walking around town. Her eyes were a brilliant shade of green some days. Other days they glowed blue with the lightest of gold like the halo that was around her head. Her skin now whiter than the porcelain that made her look like a doll. At least she looks peaceful in her everlasting sleep. That's the most I could ask for at this time. Just of let her go softly and painlessly.

Finally after 3 months of searching, we have been called off. They like to tell us that we're just taking a "break" so we have new trails to work on later... but I know the way our system works. They want the parents to have time realizing that their daughter will most likely never return. If she does they are the luckiest parents alive. Soon after, they'll call saying that our work is no longer needed and her story, her case, will fade just like her trail and her body as it lays in the woods... Maybe now the stories will be true. Maybe she was running through the forest never touching the ground. She might be the ghost looking for what she wanted before her death. God please let her rest in peace.


© 2010 Linzey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a bit blocky, still a good piece but i feel you could patch up your writing a bit. below are a couple things i'd change but if you think it's better the way it is then stick to it:
"Without her parents or anyone to be more specific." i'd change to "without her parents or, to be more specific, anyone."
"Most likely this is like the blood that is... or was in her veins." i'd tak out "most likely" and change to "like" and i'd but a comma instead of elipses.
"we dont understand how she can get that far without the help of another" should be "could have gotten"
"Could there be someone that's sheltering her this whole time" to "someone who's been sheltering her"
"we've had in year..." you're missing an s
"Just of let her go softly and painlessly" change the "of" to "to"
i like the bit about the ghost and floating because that's what she was thinking and it ties in and stuff. a good chapter just a few grammar issues.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 16, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey