The books

The books

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

this was the very first "swallowed into manga world" story that we did :) This was when Serena was still with us! ah... this brings back so many memories...

"

1

The Books

    6 teenage girls lay on the grassy hill of DMS Waldorf school; their names were Jaya, Rylie, Yasmine, Bethany, Serena, and Rachel. The sunlight streamed through the Phoenix sky and heat waves rose from the asphalt.

    “Hey girls! Come carry stuff to the crab-tree house.” Shouted Mrs. Miller.

    “Why do we have to do it? Why not make someone else?” winened Jaya to her mom.

    “Oh stop being lazy Jaya, we are clearing out the office for your high school class.” Said Mrs. Miller to her daughter in an iterated voice, and then walked away.

    “But- ugh!” yowled Jaya, then she rounded on the other 5 “come on, you guys are helping me.” She said yanking Serena to her feet.

    “Huh? Why?” asked Yasmine.

    “Come on there is no use arguing.” Sighed Rachel as she picked herself up off the ground. The others grumbled and groaned as they got to their feet.

    “Hey wanna race to the office?” asked Yasmine randomly exited.

    “Uh… no.” said Bethany raising her eyebrows.

    “Why would we ever want to do such a stupid thing?!” demanded Jaya.

    “Sheesh Jaya that was a over reaction.” Said Rylie.

    “Your moms a over reaction.” Said Serena.

    “That’s stupid.”

    “Your moms stupid.”

    “Your butt.”

    “Your mom.”

    “Wow, you guys sound so smart.” Said Bethany sarcastically.

    “Don’t worry we know!” they chimed, Rachel sighed and stared off into space for a second then blinked.

    “Hey look guys it’s a one legged roster on the roof.” She said

    “Ha! She’s right! Look!” laughed Serena pointing.

    “Hey where is Rachel?” asked Bethany looking around.

    “Wahaha! I will win this Race.” called Rachel from down the lane.

    “You butt-hole!” shouted Jaya running after her, with Serena and Yasmine on her heels.

    Eventually they all arrived at the office, Amy Bird, the principle, assembled them to give instructions.

    “Ok today we are going to do the basement, there are a lot of old stuff down there so be careful of scorpions and stuff. Alright?”

    “Yeah.” The girls replied.

    “Good, have fun!” she said and walked away.

    “Have fun. That’s hardly likely.” Grumbled Jaya on their way down the stairs.

    “Well you never know.” Said Rachel trying to sound upbeat, which didn’t fool anyone, they all thought this was sure to be a uneventful dull day of work, how wrong they were. The Basement was cool and dusty with boxes staked thick and high.

    “Ow!” yelleped Rachel followed by a crash and a bang.

    “What did you trip over?” asked Rylie peering through the dim light.

    “That’s mean, you just assume that I tripped?”

    “If you didn’t trip, what did you do?” asked Bethany skeptically.

    “I was testing gravity… it still works.”

    “In other words… you tripped.” Said Serena.

    “Basically.” Admitted Rachel.

    “What did you knock over though?” asked Jaya bringing over the flashlight.

    “Looks like a bunch of books.” Rachel replied picking one up, “they don’t have any titles though.” She frowned and flipped it open.

    “Maybe they are Mangas! I have been dying for a new Witch Hunter volume.” Said Yasmine excitedly.

“Of course Yasmine would at once think of Mangas.” Grinned Rylie.

“I don’t know Rylie I would love a Fruits Basket Manga right now.” Said Jaya wistfully.

“Oh yeah Fruits Basket is the best! I love Momiji!” said Serena.

“Nah. I like the Vampire Kisses Manga.” Said Bethany.

“Really? I liked Vampire Knight better.” Said Rylie.

“I don’t believe this.” Said Rachel staring at the book in her hand.

“Don’t believe what?” asked the others.

 “Wait, what if the others…” she trailed off as she picked up a different book, then another, then another, and another. Her eyes were wide with something in between fear and fascination.

“Will you stop talking to your self and answer us?” asked Jaya who did not like being ignored.

“Hold on one more second while I test something.” She said rummaging in the box for a moment bringing out another book she looked though it carefully then said clearly, “I would like a D. Gray man Manga.” She stared at the book, and then shook her head as if willing something on it to disappear.

“What is it Rachel?” asked Serena again.

“The books… they’re the exact books we asked for…” she whispered

“What really?!” asked Jaya and Yasmine, Rachel nodded and there was a mad rush for the books as each girl grabbed the book they wanted.

“Wait guys you have to listen to me I don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Why not?” asked Bethany.

“You have to understand, the books were blank before, but as soon as we mentioned what book we wanted, they turned into just that.” She said, imploringly, for them to understand.

“who cares!” said Yasmine.

“So you’re saying that these books are magic or something?” asked Rylie smirking, Rachel nodded.

“Ha ha, good one Rachel, you still have to work on your lying skills, you’re as terrible as ever.” Said Serena laughing, Rachel looked offended.

“No really! I am series!” said Rachel

“aw, my poor innocent Rachel is going crazy.” Said Bethany patting her head.

“But guys you have to think this is fishy even if you don’t believe me. I have read all the D. Gray man but I’ve never seen this one.” She traced her finger over one of the pictures inside and gave a gasp of horror, and the book fell to  the ground. The others looked up from their books, but all they saw was the book lying on the ground.

“Rachel you scary cat. I would never have thought it of you.” Said Bethany, with a  chuckle.

“Where is she?” asked Rylie, looking around frowning.

“probably ran up the stairs.” Said Jaya absently from her book, “Yuki is so amazing.” She sighed stroking the picture.

“Jaya have you ever considered that you may be a wee bit obsessed?” asked Rylie from her book, there was a thump, they looked up and saw that Jaya was gone with her book laying on the floor.

“Ah now look, you’ve offended Jaya, now she gone and run off… probably wont talk to us for the rest of the day.” Said Bethany.

“Say where is Yasmine?” asked Rylie.

“Probably went to go find Rachel, although she usually announces these things.” Said Bethany. Serena sighed and got up, closing her Manga.

  “Now where are you going?” asked Rylie

   “To find Rachel, Jaya, and Yasmine. I’ve had this queer feeling that something happened… probably just Rachel rubbing off on me.” She shrugged.

“Definitely.” Said Bethany grinning, “Since when have you said queer?” Serena stuck out her tung and went up the stairs.

   At the top was Amy Bird sorting through papers on the desk.

   “Hey have you seen Rachel, Jaya, or Yasmine?”

   “ah no, you have all been in the basement.” She said looking confused by the question.

   “But those three came out.” insisted Serena, a feeling of dread filling her.

   “No Serena I have been standing hear since you went down, no body has come up.”

“The Books!” said Serena as what Rachel said about there being something strange about the books came back to her. They had all laughed but… what if? What if she had been right?

Serena ran down the stairs, leaving behind a Confused Amy. The basement was empty, Serena looked all over but could not find any of her friends. Finally she tripped over a book, picking it up she relieved that it was the one Rachel had had. It was still open to the page on which it had been dropped. AS Serena peered at the pictures she gasped, there was Rachel… except now she was an anime character, and on her voice bubble it said “help we got trapped in the books by touching the pictures.” As she watched the pictures faded till the book was blank. Serena ran to the other books and found that they had all gone blank except her own. Looking at it she relised that the only way to get her friends out of the books, was from inside the books themselves.

“Well,” muttered Serena  to her self, “hear goes nothing, I always did wish I could be a Fruits Basket character.” And with that she placed her hand on the page and fell with a jolt into nothingness.



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
we haven't changed that much...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, you know what Manga I'D love? That's right, you guessed it: PANDORA HEARTS!
*Book reveals Pandora Hearts*

Me: IT WORKED! JACK, HERE I COME!!!

*Touches book.
Goes into book.
Looks around.
See's Jack.
Lung!!!*

Me: JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ending result, we live happily ever after...The End!*

Posted 12 Years Ago


ah.. if only I could silly request a DGM manga like that, even if it did eat me... I think i've actually lost some of my sanity since I wrote this.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: Fruits Basket


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne