Intrigue

Intrigue

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

      4

Intrigue

“Shigure… have you ever heard of a ordinary girl embracing a male member of the Zodiac without him transforming.” Asked Yuki, as they ate dinner at the Souma house.

“Hm? No that’s not possible. Did something happen at school?” Shigure asked from over his food.

“That’s just it… nothing happened. The girl fell right on top of me but nothing happened.” Said Yuki, rubbing his temples, “And its not like she’s one of the Chinese Zodiac… she is a foreigner, never been to China in her life probably.”

“Is the curse weakening or something?” asked Tohru hopefully.

“I doubt it.” Said Kyo.

“I agree with Kyo actually, it dose not seem likely that the curse has just broken without a signal soul noticing, not even Akito. I think it’s more likely that the girl just didn’t make the right amount of contact for you to transform.” Said Shigure thoughtfully.

“That’s possible.” Said Tohru looking rather surprised.

“Good thing you didn’t transform.” growled Kyo.

“Why would Yuki transform?” asked a childish voice.

“Hello Momiji! Hello Haru! Would you like some dinner?” asked Tohru delightedly.

“Yes Please!” said Momiji happily.

“Alright I will go get you some.” She said and walked off to the kitchen.

“Actually Shigure, we came to see you.” Said Haru.

“About the pretty foreign African girl who is in our class!” said Momiji.

“I thought the Foreigner was from India.” Said Kyo.

“She’s also in our class not yours.” Said Yuki.

“What is this? There are two exchange students?” asked Haru.

“So it would seem, but Haru you said you came to ask me something.” Said Shigure.

“Oh yes. I was wondering just how much info has been posted to the public about the Souma family.” Said Haru.

“ER… none. It might say your name or date of birth on the school record but I don’t think there is even a picture.”

“That is what I thought.” Said Haru frowning.

“Hm? What happened?”

“The foreign girl knew our names the moment she saw us, and uttered them as if we were long lost friends she hadn’t expected to see.” Said Haru.

“I liked her! She seemed vary nice.” Said Momiji.

“Hm… you are right… vary mysteries.” Said Shigure, then he clapped his hands together, “Right we will just have to wait and let the pieces fall where they will.” He said happily and began eating again. Yuki frowned unhappily, he remembered perfectly well what had happened and he didn’t think there was a chance of her not making the right contact, and there was also that if had felt like she had been waiting for him to transform as well… the look of horror and surprise on her face.

HE was shore she knew his secret, though he could not explain why, and he was also shore she knew why he hadn’t transformed. Unfortunately he didn’t have enough evidence to speak with her. Even so he resolved to learn more about her, at this point he didn’t even know her name. He sighed and for the first time in his life science when he was small, playing with his new set of friends, he felt himself almost egger to go to school.

 

“Ugh! I hate this, what kind of name is Jaeialie? It got to be the stupidest name I ever heard.”

“Just like your face!”

“Ah, no. Stop it Serena I am not in the mood today.” Said Jaya nervously ringing her hands.

“I know what you mean. When I think about going back into that room for several hours with those two, just makes me want to ditch I feel like such a idiot.” Said Serena more quietly as they entered the school building.

“That embusal Yuki why dose he make thing so complicated? I mean… ugh no!” said Jaya in disgust.

“They waited for us!” said Serena in horror. The two of them stared in a mixture of outrage and devastation at the group of Soumas that were waiting to ambush them by the door.

“Ah I vote that we enter by the side door.” Said Jaya, moving away quickly.

“I second that vote.” Said Serena going after her. Going through the side door they slipped into their seats just as the bell rang leaving no time for talk, which suited them just fine.

Jaya tried to concentrate on her work but paranoia was to strong and at last she couldn’t stand it. Just as she had feared Yuki and Kyo were both staring at her. Flinching she wished she hadn’t looked, and kept her down the rest on class.

“Hey! Um, about yesterday.” Said Yuki cornering Jaya on her way out.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that Yuki, I tripped and took you down with me.” Said Jaya trying to avoid looking into his strange eyes.

“How did you know my name?” asked Yuki.

“Oh I think everybody at this school knows the Soumas names.” Jaya through in for Serena’s benefit, then thought ‘as long as I m on the gossipy theme’ “Good thing I didn’t embrace you or anything though I hear you a vary no touch person. Didn’t you like shove a girl onto the floor because she tried to hug you?” asked Jaya carelessly.

“Something like that.” Muttered Yuki in a pained voice, Jaya felt a pang of gilt because she had said all those things because she knew Yuki didn’t like being painted as a bad guy, in hopes that if she offended him that he would leave her alone and their cover wouldn’t be broken. Her head of family had taken her aside before she left so she knew the punishment of failing.

“Sorry that was mean… I better get off to class.” Said Jaya and walked off. The rest of the day didn’t improve. Yuki stared at her even more, except now it was a depressed stare, and it was making other people start to stare too. At last Jaya gave up and took out her phone and quickly texted him from under the desk.

Look I am really sorry about before but can you stop staring at me?

She watched as Yuki Jumped and checked his phone. He glanced up at her his eyes wide, then bent down as he texted back.

Where did you get my number?

Jaya could have hit herself, this was the second time today, but like before she improvised.

That annoying friend of yours… the vice president I believe. You have been staring too much, people are noticing.

 

That Moran, anyway will you meet me after school?

 

What?! No.

 

Why not?

 

Yuki listen it would be better or rather more prudent if we weren’t friends. My master might just kill me, and I know that Akito wouldn’t approve. So really it’s better for both of us this way.

 

How did you know about Akito?

 

What’s this? more questions? For one happy moment I thought you had run out of them.

 

Will you at least tell me your name?

 

There you go again. Only if you promise not to tell Shigure anything, you can tell Haru or Momiji if you like, but no one who is likely to tell Akito.

 

You know about Shigure to?

 

Just promise.

 

Ok I promise.

 

Jaeialie

 

Jaeialie, that’s really pretty.

 

I guess

Are you shore we can’t meet after school?

Jaya closed her phone, closing the conversation. That was enough she had to stop now or she was dead meat. She remembered what her master had said: Not one Emotional tie to distract you or hinder your task. If I find out you have then I will lock you in the inside and beat the liven hell out of you everyday… and if you fail I will kill you.

Jaya shivered as she walked home by herself, and once there, she fell into bed and pulled the covers over her head. Her phone buzzed several more times as Yuki texted her, but she erased them without examination.

“Ah they are on to us!” said Serena as she walked through the door.

“What happened to you?”  Asked Jaya.

“Yuki must have told the others about your tripping incident because Momiji caught me after class when no one was around and hugged me, nothing happened of corse and shouted “I knew it” and ran off.” Said Serena miserably sinking into a chair. “Master is going to be pissed when he finds out I have already been discovered.”

“I know.” Said Jaya she told her what had happened to her.

“And he said your name was pretty? Weren’t you just ranting about how much you hated that name this moaning?” laughed Serena then sighed, “well you solved several problems, but several more have been raised.” Right on cue Jaya's phone buzzed.

“Ugh this guy is persistent.” Said Jaya reaching lazily for it to delete another message, but instead knocked it into her bag. Sighing she sat up to retrieve it, she soon found it had become entangled in a necklace.

“Hey its my necklace from back home!” said Jaya examining the star.

“Look there’s a note.” Said Serena, they unfolded it and both bent over to read:

Dear Jaeialie.

I know that since you lost you memories that it may be a bit harder to remember to not run into boys. That is why I am sending this along with you, it’s a charm that will suppress the spirit of your Zodiac, so that if you do hug someone you won’t transform.

Latika

“Oh my Gosh we are saved.” Said Jaya.

“Hu? What do you mean?” asked Serena.

“Hear Serena take this, I know exactly what we are going to do.” Said Jaya excitedly, “Listen you where this tomorrow where every one can see. Then run up and give Momiji a hug, Haru will ask about the necklace and you will answer that it was a gift to me from a old superstitious relative who thought that there where vengeful spirits rooming China and made me take this charm that was suppose to ward them off, but I hadn’t liked it so I had given it to you today. Momiji or Haru will probably ask to try it on and you will give it to them they will go and hug someone and nothing will happen. They will just assume that I had it on when I fell on Yuki and when Momiji huge you. Problem solved!”

“Genius!” said Serena

“I know we’re going to be alright.”



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unless they get hugged by another Zodeac who ISN'T wearing the necklace...problem not solved if that happens.
I also reized that if Jaya and Serena were to trancform, they wouldn't have any clothes on when they turn back into humans.
Ko-kowaii desu...

Loved it so far!
Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: fruits Basket


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne