Indian Dream

Indian Dream

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

meh, I am going to stop reviewing each chp as I post... takes too long.

"

2

Indian Dream

Jaya opened her eyes and found herself lying in a bed. At first she was relived, because she thought that’s this must mean that the whole event at school must have been just a dream (though atmittingly the most realistic she’d ever had) but hen she reliesed that the bed she was in wasn’t her own. She sat up quickly, to quickly in fact, and whacked her head hard.

“Ow!” she yelled, and promptly fell out of bed. Jaya held her head with her hand and stared around her in amazement. The room she was in was as richly furnished as any she had ever seen in a style that was strangely familiar…

“Misters!” shouted a voice from the doorway. Jaya turned and saw an Indian lady standing in the doorway with her hand over her mouth.

“Oh misters your hurt!” she said as she hurried forward, Jaya relised that the hand she was holding to her head was bloodily.

“Yeah.” mermerd Jaya then frowned, “Who are you.”

“Who am I?” repeated the lady as if she could not believe her ears, and then she frowned. “I think you hit your head a little harder then I thought misters, can you remember your name?”

  “Of corse I can remember my name,” snapped Jaya, “its Ja- Jay-” and in one scary moment she reliesed that she was forgetting her name, her friends, her entire life.

“Ah no! I wont forget!” she said in desperation.

“It’s all right misters, your name is Jaeialie, you are 17, and are the white tiger in the Indian Zodiac. I am your maid Latika.” She said gently.

“The Indian Zodiac?” asked Jaya.

“Yes now you lay down real still for a bit, I’ll go get you some ice and call the doctor, I also must inform the head of the Aytama family.” Said Latika.

“Uhg.” Was all Jaya said, the maid gave her a pitting smile and left. As soon as she’d gone Jaya leaped up and rummaged in a drore and pulled out a piece of paper and pen and quickly wrote:

My name is Jaya Miller

I am 13 years old

I live in Phoenix Arizona

My favorite color is green

My mothers name is Lori Miller and she is a teacher at my school DMS

I am not a freak

I am a normal school girl.

I Will Not Forget This

I will not forget.” Said repeated Jaya to herself. As she read the message over again she relaxed, associating with these familiarities she found she found she could remember her real life more clearly. She was in a Manga that seemed to have written her into itself. With a rush of excitement she thought perhaps this might mean she could meet Yuki, then she relised that she didn’t want to meet him, it was his fault she had gotten into this mess she convinced herself, his fault she was in this unfamiliar place… a new unfamiliar person. His fault that she had lost her friends, family, home, and almost her memories. Or at least that is what she told herself, because she needed someone to blame and she didn’t want to blame herself.

“It’s all his fault.” She said out loud just to make it clearer.

“All whose fault?” said a voice from the door; she looked over and saw a huge Indian man standing there. She scowled, didn’t anybody knock anymore? Then she saw his face and experienced a strange sensation.

“You’re the head of Family.” Said Jaya stupidly.

“Hum interesting. It’s true then? You have lost your memory?” he asked.

“No.” said Jaya defiantly, she knew she probably shouldn’t say anything, especially to this man. But she’d never been able to keep these things to herself.

“No?” he said.

“This isn’t real, I fell into a book and now your trying to trap me hear!” she accused.

“Jaeialie, you say you fell into a book? What exactly was this book about?” his cold stare pierced her right though to the core. Gulping she told him every thing she could remember from Fruits Basket, which was a lot, she had read all the Manga then re-read it several times. The Head of family listened making no comment, once when she was talking about how the curse was going to brake his eyes flickered. Then he began to quiz her on things, particularly Akito and the curse. At last he seemed satisfied and stood up.

“There is a new development in Africa, it seems they have formed there own Zodiac, I will be traveling there tomorrow to check things out, I would like you to come with me.”

“What?” asked Jaya.

“I will not repeat myself. Now you are to say nothing of this Dream to anyone, understand?”

“It wasn’t a dream!” said Jaya.

“It was a dream. You are Jaeialie the white tiger in the Zodiac. It was a dream, you lost your other memories when you hit your head. Forget about that dream, but if you have anymore make sure you tell me. Me and no one else. You will obey me, or suffer the consequences.” Then he left, Jaya stayed rooted in place, cowering against the wall.

“It was a dream wasn’t it? I just must have forgotten… how stupid of me.”

Dazed Jaya got up and began to get dressed. It was all wrong, this body belonged to a 17 year old not the 13 year old she was use to, and it was to perfect, real bodies weren’t like that.  No she reminded her self, this was her real body.  Her mind still refused to shove those memories into the vault of dreams she refused to revisit. Still even though she was vary much Jaya she would try her best to be this Jaeialie because that is what the Head of family wanted and she could not defy him.

“Oh good mistress! Your up and dressed I see.”

“Yes thank you.” Replied Jaya.

“Well now breakfast is served down stairs, the master told me you would be going with him on his trip to Africa, so I have some work to do, because there is no telling if- I mean when you two will be back.” Jaeialie shudder remembering the things she’d read about Akito and the way he’d almost killed several of the Zodiac when he had lost his temper. She really hoped this head of family wasn’t like that.

Going through the house was difficult, it was a maze of finery, and of corse she didn’t remember her way. After a late breakfast she decided to explore the house so it didn’t happen again. Along the way she met several questioning stares from the other members of the Zodiac, at last one of them came up to her.

“What are you doing Jaeialie? The master is going to bust you if you continue.” Said the boy.

“Oh sorry, I was just looking.” Said Jaya turning to make her way, but he caught her by the shoulder.

“Hey what’s with you?” he asked “your different, why are you acting like such a idiot?”

“I am not an idiot you embusal!” said Jaya.

“There you go again! Talking like some American, is that it? you’ve decided to be a foreigner? That’s why you’ve decided to ignore all our costumes, rules, and habits?” that sobered Jaya, she had done it again. No matter how she tried she just couldn’t fit into this Jaeialie’s character.

“I am sorry. Its just that… well this morning I �" I hit my head and lost my memories.”

“You lost your memories?” the boy said increduasly.

“Yeah.”

“Huh.” Was all he said, then a broad grin spared across his face. “Ha, this is great you could turn out to be totally different this time and not be so annoying!”

“Um…” was Jaya's Genius responds.

“Hi I am Jamil the cobra in the Indian Zodiac.” He shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you again.” Said Jaya, smiling at him.

“It’s certainly nice to meet you again beautiful.” He said then winked and walked away.

“Uh, that creepy, do I really look that different the I use to?” Said Jaya making a disgusted face. She continued her tore of the house and proceeded back to her room, where she helped her maid with the packing then went back to wandering. She met many stares and was fallowed everywhere by whispers. It was as annoying as hell (as she later decided) and soon she didn’t mind that she would be leaving the next day. She met a copal other of the Zodiac, whose reaction to the news that she had lost her memories were all similar to Jamil’s, that they hoped it might improve her character. It made her wonder, as she got ready for bed, what kind of person Jaeialie had been.

 

The next day was long and dull. Ridding in the first class part of the plane for several hours next to her master was a bit nerve racking, but he never spoke to her, so after a while she relaxed a little. They were received at the airport by a copal of limos and taken through the blazing streets of Kenya, to a large house, not quite a mansion like it had been in India, but grand enough.

Searching for the bathroom later she bumped into a girl from the African Zodiac.

“Opss, sorry.” She muttered, and started to move on when the girl behind her called uncertainly.

“Jaya?”



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really good so far!

Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: fruits Basket


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne