Exchange

Exchange

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

3

Exchange

“Serena?” asked Jaya in disbelief.

“So it’s true? It wasn’t a dream, oh my Gosh that’s a relief. I was beginning to think I had gone crazy.” Serena laughed.

“But-“ Jaya began her head swimming with questions, but Serena put a hand to her lips and shook her head.

“Not hear stupid.” Said Serena dragging her around the corner into a room that Jaya reliesed must be hers.

“You don’t want to talk like that where anyone can hear. I don’t want the masters to find out.” Said Serena.

“Oh I already told mine.” Said Jaya. “He got really mad and told me it was a dream… I believed him.”

“Well of cores you did! He’s the head of your Zodiac. Man Jaya couldn’t you have kept your mouth closed, could you?” said Serena.

“Well sorry.” Said Jaya hotly

“You should be.” Said Serena, and then grinned, “Naw its ok, just complicates things a bit. We need to find a way to get out of this Manga, though its possible that the others maybe hear to but I don’t think so since they went into different series.”

Is there a way out?” asked Jaya.

“If there is a way in there is usually a way out. It’s not outside the book so it must be inside, times like these I wish I had Rachel to brain storm logical ideas that no one else understands.” said Serena, Jaya was about to agree when a knock at the door silenced her.

“What is it?” called Serena.

“The head of family wants you.” Said a voice from the other side.

“Ok I will be right there.” Said Serena.

“Hey.” Said Jaya quietly once the footsteps had faded away, “What do they call you hear?”

“Oh I am Tioco the Zebra in the African Zodiac.” Said Serena.

“I am Jaeialie the white tiger in the Indian Zodiac.” Said Jaya.

“Ok after I see what my master needs then I’ll come look you up.” Said Serena, and ran off. Jaya walked quickly back toward her room, Serena was hear, they were going to find a way to get out of hear, it wasn’t a dream, but she must remember not to say anything to master.

“Ah, Jaeialie I’ve been looking for you.” Said her master from right behind her.”

“Eep! Oh sorry I got lost,” said Jaya, shakily thinking to her self ‘speak of the devil, and the devil shall appear.’

“Well come now the other head of family and I had a meeting and we have decided to send you and another girl from the African Zodiac as exchange students to China.”

“China!” exclaimed Jaya in surprise.

“Yes we need some one to observe this Akito and his Zodiac. Since you lost your memories you only remember your dream and are actually more familiar with their costumes then ours. Which will make you perfect for this job. I hear your companion is also similarly experienced.”

“Is my person a boy or a girl?” asked Jaya, still slightly shocked by the recent turn of events.

“Girl, I would not have my pretty white tiger go all alone with a boy for such a long time.” He said in affectionate voice though his eyes remained cold.

“Oh, um… when will I be leaving?” asked Jaya slightly embarrassed.

“As soon as your partner is packed.”

“ER… then I supposes I had better get ready.” Muttered Jaya edging off to her room, where she slid to the floor and heaved a sigh before starting to gather up her things once more.

 

“Wired that because we both read so much Fruits Basket we ended up saved by what most would call pointless knowledge.” Said Serena happily as she and Jaya arranged their stuff in the apartment they would be sharing during their stay in China.

“Sheesh these uniforms are sluty. Aren’t uniforms supposed to help make clothing less of a distraction?”  Asked Jaya frowning at the piece of clothing.

“It’s anime, don’t try figuring it out.” Yawned Serena.

“I don’t get why we have to go to school today we only just arrived yesterday night.” Said Jaya.

“I know the time difference is totally killing me.” Groaned Serena from on her bed.

“We better get changed, if we’re going to make it on time.” Said Jaya throwing a uniform at her. Sluggishly Serena put it on then fell back into bed.

“Oh come on Serena we have to go.” Said Jaya, walking out the door. Sighing Serena followed her grabbing a granola bar and sloppily putting up her hair.

“Hear your 16 and I am 17 so we are in different classes.”

“Funny how it’s exactly opposite at home except that we’re both in the same grade there.” Said Serena.

“That’s because I smarter.” Said Jaya.

“Yo mamma thinks I am smarter.” Said Serena.

“Oh what ever.” Said Jaya, Serena laughed then stopped short as she stared at the maze of buildings that was to be their school.

“How will we survive?” she moaned. They dropped off papers at the desk and then both headed off to their separate classes.

“Look it’s a new kid! Hello! I want ice cream!” shouted a childish voice the moment Serena walked through the door.

“Momiji?” asked Serena in surprise.

“Ah look the new girl knows my name!” said Momiji in surprise, then grinned, ”what’s your name then?” he asked brightly

“My name is Tioco I am from Africa. Nice to meet you to Momiji!” said Serena smiling at the person she had liked so much back home.

“You don’t look vary African.” Said another boy.

“Haru! Ah- yeah I mean I know, I just kind of live there I guess.”

“What is this? She knows my name to… the mystery deepens.” Said Haru thoughtfully.

“Um… yeah. I’ll just go to my seat.” Said Serena uncomfortably, moving quickly to her spot. Sitting down she could feel their stares boring into the back of her head she inwardly bashed her self. What could she tell them, that she watched and read about there entire lives? Past and future? This was really going to complicate things. If these guy were in her class that meant Jaya got Yuki, Kyo, and the others. She just hoped Jaya did better then she had.

 

“Ops!” cried Jaya as she tripped and fell on top of a boy in her third class. She squeezed her eyes closed waiting to transform but she didn’t.

“Yo you ok Yuki?” said a voice.

“Ah sorry!” cried Jaya as she disentangled herself from him and leapt to her feet blushing madly, and walked more carefully to her seat. She understood why she hadn’t transformed, other members of the zodiac would not transform if they embraced. But Yuki didn’t know that she was one of the Indian Zodiac, she doubted that he even knew there was such a thing, and she couldn’t tell him because it was ageist her masters orders. Glancing up she saw that he was staring at her, quickly she looked away and found that Kyo and Tohru were also staring, she could also feel the glares of Yuki’s fan club on her back. She put her head on her desk. It was going to be a long day.



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another good one!
(I still haven't read this manga yet....-_- ')

Keep it up!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: fruits Basket


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne