The hole

The hole

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

1

The Hole

       Bethany sat complaisantly on the picnic bench underneath the tree in the DMS high school area. Her friends, Yasmine, Rachel, Rylie, and Jaya, sat and stood around her chatting about all the latest scandals and teasing each other playfully. All to soon Mr. Martin called them in to talk about the day.

         “Alright, so today we shall invest more time in our unique and form of Business.” Said Mr. Martin enthusiastically.

         “SoOo… basically we’re just picking basil and stinking up our room even more?” asked Bethany.

         “No, no Bethany this is a incredible diabolical transformation and evolution that we are making in the school. We are harvesting crops and soon you will get to reap the benefits.” He said.

         “Mr. Martin! You can’t use big words like that! It’s so…. Ugh!” said Jaya flapping her hands about.

         “So in plain English, what are we doing?” asked Rylie.

         “Picking basil.” Translated Rachel.

         “Great you could have just said that from the beginning.” Said Bethany rolling her eyes at the wasted explanation. They all trope out along with the two other kids in their class, Aidan and Alex. There was technically one more person in their class named Logan but she had venimatedly refused to take part in gardening so they left her with her aid.

         “Great your hear.” Said Farmer Tony when they got to the garden, “You girls will cut the basil and the boys will wash it, ok get started!” he said and wandered off another spot in the garden.

         “Yay! The boys get the hard job.” Said Jaya sticking her tung out at Alex.

         “Yay! You guys to be stung by bee infested basil bushes.” Retorted Alex.

         “Bee’s won’t sting me! They love me!” said Jaya.

         “Your just jealous ‘cause they don’t love you bee killer!” said Rylie pulling Jaya away with her. They began cutting basil till they had their buckets full.

         “Yasmine go empty out the basil.” Said Rylie.

         “But I don’t want to!”

         “Fine then, Jaya go empty out the basil.”

         “No!”

         “Rachel-“

         “OK!” said Rachel hopping up to obey, she ran over to the bucket and picked up the basil then promptly tripped and dropped it all.

         “Rachel…” the others sighed, Yasmine walked over to help her.

         “What did you trip over?” she asked.

         “Probably her own feet.” Jaya muttered.

         “No, actually I fell into a hole.” Said Rachel looking offended.

         “Oh don’t worry Rachel we know all about that hole, it’s other more commonly used name is the ground.” Said Bethany.

         “No actually she did fall into a hole, her leg is still stuck in it.” Said Yasmine bending down to examine it more closely. The others stopped working and went to look to look as well. The hole was fairly deep but not very wide which is why Rachel was stuck.

         “Easy, I’ll save you Rachel we just have to make this hole bigger so you can get out.” Said Rylie driving her shovel in to the ground next to her.

         “Wait Rylie don’t do that-!” began Rachel but it was to late, the ground surrounding the hole had become to weak and Rachel fell through.

         “Holy mother @#$%^& @#$!!!” screamed Rylie as the feet underneath her and Jaya collapsed and they fell in too.

         “Don’t worry my friends! I’ll save you!” cried Yasmine Leaping in head first after them.

         “Yasmine you @#$%^& idiot!” screamed Bethany right before she fell in herself, she stayed conscious just long enough to see the hole close up behind them before the world went black.



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
If you've ever heard us quote "Don't worry my friends, I'll save you!" this is where it's from. It's generally quoted with Yazzys moments, but it wasn't actually a real moment... or if was, I think it's mine O.o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: mine


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne