in the middle of everywhere

in the middle of everywhere

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

3

In The Middle of Everywhere

Rylie had been at camp half-blood for almost a week, seince then she had made a lot of friends. Percy and Rachel were her closest, but the other campers were nice too, exept for maybe the Aries cabin, but as Percy pointed out, seince they wernt trying to pulverize her it ment that they secreatly liked her. Anabeth seemed to have slightly forgiven her for the sin of having held hands with Percy, and though they weren’t friends they weren’t enemies anymore.

It was weired to think of her red-head friend Rachel as a Oracle of the future. However she did her best not to contradickt it, she didn’t realize that she hadn’t fully believed her till she saw her frist prophac her self. She had been sitting with Rachel chatting about school and what not when Rachel eyes had suddenly glowed green and she had spoken in a voice that wasn’t her’s:

I am the spirit of Delfi, speaker of prophecies. .

Ask seeker.

“What the hell is going on?” asked Rylie she had no idea what was going on.

5 Elictore’s have enterd our world,

A choice of love might have them herld,

Placed in importants, though no one see’s,

That each one caries in ignorance the key’s,

To our world, they may brake apart,

and change what we know for a hart.

Rachel slumpedin her seat and Rylie remained frozen. Rachel opend her eyes again which were thankfully back to their original color.

“Sorry Rylie, I am realy tired you go on with out me, I need to go take a nap before dinner.” Said Rachel drifting off.

“Sure.” Said Rylie, Rachel left and Rylie thought about what she heard, but no matter what way she looked at it, it made no sence, so she desided to forget about it, for now.

There was a camotion down at the pavilion so Rylie desided to check it out. At the centure of the pavilion  cloweds of smoke like shadows, then all at once two people fell out.

“Nico what’s up.” Asked Percy comeing twords the two.

“I was shadow traveling when suddenly I got by this flying moran.” Said Nico, disentangeling himself from the other person.

         “I am not a moran!” yelled the other person.

         “Only when you have your moments Yasmine.” Said Rylie as she reconsised who it was.

“Rylie-chan!” said Yasmine leaping over to hug her.

“So what did you do?”

“Nothing I was just going along minding my own bussnis when this person come’s out of the grown with all his goasts and smoke and then plows straight into me.” Wined Yasmine.

“I did not!” Said Nico.

“Did too.”

“Did not!”

“Did.”

“Didn’t.”

“You guys sound like kids.” Comented Rylie.

“We are kids.” Pointed out Yasmine.

“Yes but 14 year olds should start acting more mature.”

“But I like being childish.” Wined Yasmine.

“I know.” Said Rylie.

“It’s ok it was my bad.” Apoligised Nico. “sorry for calling you a Moran.”

“Well that’s to bad for-” began Yasmine.

“Yasmine I just remeberd that I was going to buy you a Manga for Christmas, to bad you’re a noty child.” Said Rylie, Yasmine’s expression froze for a second and then….

“Nico I love you! your going to be my best friend!” said Yasmine tackeling Nico in a hug.

“What was that about?” asked Percy.

“With Yasmine when all else fails Mangas don’t.” grinned Rylie.

“ah.” He said.

“Hey Rylie? Can I talk to you?” asked Anabeth comeing up suddenly, Rylie looked at her in surprise.

“Sure.” She said. Anabeth lead her away from the pavilion to the shadow of the forest. At last she stoped and turned to face Rylie.

“I am sorry.” She said.

“For what?” asked Rylie surprised.

“For being so rude to you.”

“oh… ah, um.” Said Rylie intelagently.

“It was the same way with Rachel, but now we’re like best friends.” She said looking off into the forest.

“Why?” asked Rylie still not sure what was going on.

“Because she used to like Percy, but then she relised that she didn’t love him and became the Oracle.”

“I still don’t understan-“

“I didn’t like you because Percy seemed to. I thought you would try and take him away from me. But now I see that he doesn’t love you at all and still likes me best…. so we can be friends now.” Said Anabeth then grinned, “I sound like a selfish snob don’t I?”

“A little.” Admitted Rylie with a weak smile.

“So long as your not to get my boyfriend to cheat on me we can be friends. That’s all I wanted to say.” Said Anabeth smileling at her then she turned and walked away. After she had gone Rylie sat down on the grownd and cryed, she felt stupid for doing so, after all she didn’t even know why she was crying, but the tears came anyway. The thing about crying though is that though it’s ok good to do sometimes you have to stop sometime, and then you still have to desied what to do. In Rylies case she desided to go to bed early.

*****

Rachel ran through the forest as fast as she could, which was not helthy for being as when she did that she tended to trip and face plant a lot. Fortunatly her goal was fairly close, she could sence them up ahead, but still more prominatly she could sence the presents behind her steadily gaining on her.

“Halt! Who gose there?” said a voice out the trees.

“Thalia! You have to help me!” gasped Rachel.

“How do you know my name?”

“Long story and I don’t have time right now, I need to see Artamiss!” said Rachel despertly.

“Alright, But why the hurry?” asked Thalia.

“Him or them. I don’t know which is at the moment.” Said pointing back the way she’d come Thalia squinted then mutted.

“Oh gods…. What on earth did you do?”

“I will explain when we get to Artamiss.” Said Rachel.

“In that case we better hurry.” Said Thalia cetching her arm and pulling her deeper into the forest. Till they got to a campfull of tents, Thalia made her way straight to the centure one though.

“What is going on?” asked Artamiss comeing out, she was in her 12 year old form, but Rachel had antisapaited that.

“My lady I ask for protection.” Said Rachel respectfully.

“From what?”

“The male gods, they… um seem to like me…. And ah it’s a bit problematic…. They’re like 2,000 years old and I am 14 and it’s realy creepy-“ said Rachel strugaling to explain.

“I understand.” Said Artamiss holding up a hand, “Do you wish to join the hunters? You would be out of their reach then.”

“I know but… it’s not like I would have a problem forsaking men or anything, but um… I get pretty antisocial after a coupal days, constant company would be a problem for me…. And I am kinda temerture sensidive, being out side all the time in the cold would not be good…. And I don’t realy want to be immortal. So I am thinking for the moment no.” said Rachel trying to explain herself.

“Alright then, I will grant you parcile protection, but I can not compleat it unless you become a hunter.”

“I understand.” Said Rachel.

“Alright then Rachel, welcome to the hunt.”



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: percy Jackson


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne