lost in plain sight

lost in plain sight

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

2

Lost in plain sight

         Rylie awoke vary confused, there was a lot of noice around her so she squeezed her eyes shut. She was slightly sore and her hands smelled like Baisile. Sleepily she listend to the voices around her, hopeping to get some clue from them.

         “-out of no where-“

         “Could be a spy for Kronos-“

         “People don’t just fall out of the sky inless their something else-“

         “Calm down everybody.” Said a new voice, “She’s not a monster or I would be able to tell.”

         “That’s right.” Said another voice, “listen to Rachel, now has anybody gone to tell the main house?” there was a muttering of afermimitive. Rylie frowned with her eyes closed, that voise didn’t sound like Rachel’s, she disided to open her eyes and peek. Around her crowded a group of kids They were all different ages and many wore orenge shrits.

         “Where am I?” groned Rylie.

         “Camp half-blood.” Answerd the boy who had spoken before, he had messy black hair and sea green eyes, beside him were two girls, one with flaming red hair and the other with blond.

         “Where’s Rachel? Asked Rylie looking around.

         “Right hear.” Said the girl with red hair frowning.

         “No not you. Wasn’t there another girl? With brown hair?” then she remberd that Jaya had fallen in too, “Make that two girls, a Indain too?”

         “No, it was only you.” Said the blond exchanging a look with the boy.

         “What’s going on hear?” asked a voice, Rylie turned to look at the new comer and nearly jumped out of her skin with surprise because only half the new comer was human, the other half was horse.

         “Ciron she just fell out of the sky.” Said the blond, Rylie frowned something about that girl realy botherd her.

         “Hm…” said the horse man looking her over, then he glanced around at the other children who were listening intently, “Maybe we should discuss this back at the main house.”

         “Ok then, campers, you heard Ciron, back to your dutys.” Said another boy, and the other kids started to warnder off muttering to themselves.

         “Hear.” Said the frist boy helping her gentaly to her feet, “we’ll get this sorted out and set you up a place in the hermize cabin.”

         “Percy!” screeched the blond making them both jump, “Luke’s army is practically at our door step! She could be a spy! We cant just stick her in the Hermize cabin!” Rylie glowerd at her, definitely annoying.

         “I am afraid Anabeth is right.” Said Ciron frowning at the blond, “perhaps I’ll speak with Mr. D about making a temporary place for her in the main house.” Rylie nodded and started walking back the way the centar had come.

         “Where are you going silly?” laughfed the Percy boy catching her by the elblow, “The main house is the other way.”

         “Oh.” Said Rylie this time letting him lead her in the proper direction, Anabeth glowerd at her from behind.

         “So who were your friends again?” asked Percy as they walked past a ring of geek houses. “I believe you said ones name was Rachel?”

         “Y-yes,” said Rylie highly distrackted by a syter that had just pranced by, “Rachel & Jaya. Rachel has brown hair and gray’ish eyes, Jaya has cinnamon  skin and black hair, there might be others but I cant be sure ‘cause I lost consisness.”

         “I can’t say I’ve seen anyone like that.” Said Rachel drawing even with them. “Then again there are a lot of Rachel’s in the world.”

         “Are you sure their hear?” asked Percy.

         “Almost positive.” Said Rylie miserably.

         “Well then I am sure there around, we’ll find them.”

         “But if you haven’t seen-“ began Rylie.

         “We’ll still find them.” Said Percy firmly.

         “You know how when you look every where for something but cant find it but it ends up being right in front of you?” asked Rachel kindly, Rylie nodded, “Well this is probly no different, your friends are probly right infront of us in plain sight, we just haven’t notised yet. Unfortunately we cant look properly for them because Kronos’s army is pratiacly on our door step.”

         “Kronos? Wasn’t he like some greek god/titan thing-a-ma-bob?” asked Rylie frowning trying to remember back to their 5th grade mythology block.

         “Yeah, his army is fairly near hear, full of monsters.” Said Anabeth glaring at Rylie.

         “You think I am a spy? Like realy? Seince I am not and I don’t realy care I’ll just leave.” Said Rylie.

         “Good we don’t want you hear anyway!” said Anabeth.

         “You F#$%en Bi*%#!” yelled Rylie.

         “Calm down Rylie! Anabeth that was unessary!” said Percy.

         “Besides you realy shouldn’t leave right now, There is a army of monsters out ready to snach up anybody, also your best chance of finding your friends is by staying hear.” Said Rachel.

         “Fine I’ll stay, just keep that B@#$% away froms me.” Said Rylie glaring at Anabeth.

         “This is my camp not yours I’ll what I want.” Said Anabeth stalking off.

         “I realy should go anyway.” Said Rylie the moment Anabeth was out of hearing.

         “Nobody leaves camp without a quest.” Said a plump man sitting of the porch of the main house.

         “But mr. D she’s a mor-“ began Percy.

         “Do not interrupt it’s rude Prissy Jonsan.” Interrupted Mr. D, “no one leaves camp inless I give them a quest and at the moment I am just not in the mood.”

         “That hardly seems fair.” Said Rylie.

         “Well when you’re a god you can do whatever the hell you want, inless my estimed father says other wise. By the way new kid whats your name?” asked Mr. D yawning.

         “Rylie.”

         “Well then Miley, welcome to camp half-blood and all that junk now be a good girl and all that jazz, I am off.” Said Mr. D going poof like gods do.

         “Wow… so what now?” asked Rylie.

         “I suppose we set you up with a room hear.” Said Rachel.

         “And then?”

         “We wait.” Said Percy grimly.

****

         Jaya lifted her head up from damp pine needles to see a huge dragon stooping over her next to a large pine tree. She did the natural thing: screemed and ran away. However soon she was dreadfully lost, the air was damp and cold, if Jaya hadn’t lived in the desert almost all of her life she would have known that this meant she was somewhere near the sea, however she didn’t realy know that much about oceans so she kept walking as a heavy fog setaled in. Presantly she heard a large creature moveing somewhere near by.

         “Hello? Is anybody there?” called Jaya into the mist. No sooner had she spoken then a giant mallet with spieks slamed into her gut, throughing her aginst a tree. Jaya coughfed up blood and grond, clutching her stomack, glancing up she gave a cry fright. A minatore towerd above her, mallet in hand. It bellowed out a war like cry and charged her again, in her fright Jaya raised her hands to fend off the attack, but some thing strange happened. A hot sort of enery seemed to uncerl from somewhere inside her and detinate at her core sending a wave of greenish energy shooting out her fingertips. It hit the surprised Minatore in the chest and sent him flying back. Jaya slumped back, exsausted, where ever that power had come from, it was gone now.

         “What should we do with her?” hissed a voice from somewhere on her right.

         “Eat her!”

         “Fool did you see what she did to the minator? She must be a half blood.”

         “All the better, half-bloods make good eating.”

         “No! we must bring her back to camp, if she dosnt pledge allegiance to Kronos I am sure master Luke will let you eat her.” The monsters crowed in delight and roghf hands and claws grabed her up carrying her none to gentaly. Jaya’s vision was blurry she seemed to be going in and out of consisnence. Eventually they set her down in a bright lit place though Jaya couldn’t tell much more then that. Someone stuffed something into her mouth, her body sized, it was like fire burning her insides(and not in the spiecy way) she spat it out quickly, however the shock had struck her awake and she now saw that she was in some sort of tent.

         “Fools, this girl is not a demi-god, you can not feed her necter & ambrsia it will kill her.” Said a good looking boy with sandy blond hair and a scar on one side his face.

         “But master Luke she’s not a monster and she’s not a mortal.” Said one of the gards defensively, “we just kinda assumed…”

         “Never assume.” Said Luke bending down next to her. “leave us, I want to find out what seacrts she is hiding.” The gards nodded nervosely and quickly left. Luke put hot hands on her sholders, a gesture that was ment to be frightening. Power from Luke flowed into her… and kept flowing, it was a pleasant feeling, the pain in her gut eased and faded.

         “What the-“ manged Luke, he was being draind, he tried to pull away but couldn’t seem to, his face turned a gaustly pale. Jaya reached up and gentaly moved his hands away. Luke went limp, Jaya jumped up frantically.

         “eep! Whats happening?” she said shakeing Luke, spoting the pakege of ambroshia squars that they had tried to feed her. She quickly stuffed it uncerimonisly into his mouth, slowly the color came back to Lukes cheeks and he opend his eyes. He stared up at her with a strage expression on his face.

         “What?” asked Jaya.

         “Nothing.” He mutterd looking away, “What did you do to me?”

         “I saved your life.” Said Jaya.

         “Before.” He said rolling his eyes.

         “I have no idea.” Said Jaya truthfully, he eyed her suspisosely, “really.” She insisted.

         “Master Luke, what are your orders for the mortal?” asked a half-blood sticking his head in.

         “May we eat her?” asked a monster from somewhere behind, Jaya recoiled, Luke hesitated looking at her.

         “Take her to my room, I’ll decide what to do with her later.” He said at last, the half blood looked surprised, but he nodded and took Jaya by the arm and led her away through the crowd.

         Jaya felt exited for some reason, Luke’s powers had put her into a jittery high. The half blood took her back into town and down a dark ally to a place called the “coffin club” then up stairs to a bedroom. He then locked her in and left her alone. After a while someone tapped on the door.

         “Who is it?” called Jaya.

         “It’s me, Bethany.”

         “Bethany!” cried Jaya running over to the door only to rember that it was locked.

         “Shh! We don’t want your body gard person to know I am hear or we’ll never find a way to get you out of hear.” Wisperd Bethany

         “Right, ok. How ever did you find me?” wisperd Jaya.

         “I woke up in the middle of nowhere, I snuck around and found that there was a lot of kick a*s monsters around. The I saw some creepy guy lead you away into a club and then lock you in a room, I mean what was I supposed to think.” Said Bethany.

         “Is anyone else hear?” asked Jaya.

         “Just you, me, Rylie, Rachel, and Yasmine. The hole closed up behind us so I don’t know if any one else can get in.” said Bethany, then as a after thought, “Or out.”

“What now?” asked Jaya.

“I am going to try and get the key from the owner, then wait for the right time to get you out.”

“Who’s the owner?” asked Jaya.

“Some person called Jagger, kinda a cool name huh? Anyway, he’s supposed to be pretty young, not much older then us, shouldn’t be too hard.” Said Bethany.

“Careful Bethany this place is like some fantasy book, there could be just anything lurking about.” Warned Jaya her own experience still fresh in her mind.

“I am not stupid Jaya.”

“Only on Tuesday’s.” grinned Jaya.

“I’ve beat you on most tests resantly so shut up.”

“Love you too.”

“Bye.” Jaya glanced out the window just in time to see a bat fly away. She shiverd and sat down on the bed to wait.



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: percy Jackson


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne