Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I had been right, it had been a very good day, and so had the days that followed, each one seeming to go by faster than the last, but we filled them with as much laughter as we could. I couldn't even tell you who had won in bowling, I think at one point I had been winning; But it got to the point where we were goofing around so much that Josh would bowl when it was moms turn, or we were skipping turns, or taking extra ones.

Each night we had done something special, we all went out to a fancy dinner, or went to the movies, or even sat at home playing games like Life or Monopoly. One night we had stayed up all night, coking our favorite meals, baking countless deserts and what not, then called in all our friends for a feast. Only almost no one came since it was the middle of the night, and we ended up have left-overs for days.

I had been very wrong about the jewelry being from my parents though, very wrong. After bowling we had all went out to our cars to head out to get ice cream when my mom clamped her hands over my eyes and lead me blind through the parking lot. When she removed her hands, I found myself standing in front of a brand new Jeep Charike with a big, bright pink bow sitting on the hood.

I had been shock, excited, and angry at them for spending so much money all at once. There was no way for me to talk them into taking it back, and I was to selfish to want them to take it back either. We still didn't know who had sent me the ring or the necklace, Sam had tried saying that maybe they were not for me, since there had been no card saying who it was for, or from. We had all laughed, Sam wanted them for herself, and she was right, they might not have even been for me, there was no way to tell.

I was not going to give them up though, for some reason I couldn't fathom, I just knew they were for me. I didn't know how I knew, it was just this feeling I had, and no amount of arguing from her was going to get me to take them off. Ever since I put them on they had stayed there, I didn't take them off when I was sleeping, not even when I took a shower.

So here I was now, the necklace tucked under my sweater, and the ring on my finger as I carried the last box to the back of my new car. It was the 28th, late in the day as I packed every thing up for college in my car, and everyone else packed clothes to come with me and help me get settled in. It would take about two days to get to Colorado, and depending on how much we wanted to drive we would either get there Halloween day, or the night before.

I pushed the last box into trunk and then slammed the door over it, making sure it was shut tight. My father had suggested I get a trailer to haul all my stuff in but I really didn't need on, I was not taking that much stuff. Just all my clothes, books, some knick nacks around my room and the presents I had gotten. The only stuff I was taking were the few things I picked up at the store; A new book shelf, an end table and mini fridge, hangers, and a few other every day things. Everything else I needed would most likely be in the dorm rooms, and if there was something I was missing I could always pick up things while I was there.

Soon enough, I was sitting inside my jeep, heater on full blast, staring at my house through the window. I took in a deep breath, forcing back tears and watched as my dad pulled out of the drive, leading the way. Sam climbed into the passenger seat next to me and we followed close behind my father. We made a quick stop at the gas station, filling up our tank, giving the kids a chance to use the bathroom and grabbing a few snacks a drinks for the road.

I could not help but laugh when Josh came from the store to hand me a walkie-talkie and gave me strict orders on what channel to put it on, and to keep it on at all times. Oh yes, this was a family road trip, and since we were taking separate cars, and it was not allowed to use cell phones while driving, walkie-talkies were the next best thing.

Ten hours later Sam and I were singing along to the music on my new Ipod, dancing in our seats and laughing at one another. It had gotten dark, and the roads were covered in show, not long ago moms voice had come through the walkie-talkie asking if I wanted to keep driving, or if I wanted to check into the next hotel that came along. I opted for the motel, I was hungry, stiff from sitting for so long, and though I was not tired yet, I knew it would not be long before I was.

The same routine followed us through the next day, waking up earlier than early to eat, fuel up, and get on the road again. Every so often we would talk through the walkie-talkies, or Sam and I blasted our favorite songs and sang along. It was late in the afternoon when we passed the sign saying 'Welcome to Colorado' and I knew it would be only a few short hours before we were pulling up to campus. Probably stopping somewhere to eat before we found my dorm room and started unpacking all my things.

Colorado was a damn pretty state, and I was getting more and more excited to be here by the minuet. This was the start of new beginnings, a clean slate, and the start of a hopefully very full and rewarding future. My hands were itching to start taking pictures in class, to learn new things and furthering my knowledge in photography. There might be the one big downfall of being so far away from home, but there were millions of Pros up against that one Con.

I might still be sad about moving away from home, but it was getting harder and harder to feel guilty about it. If Sam were the one leaving I would not blame her either, and by the look on her face and she stared out the window, I don't think she could blame me anymore either. Every park or old building we passed I wished I could just pull over and start snapping off pictures.

This was everything I had ever wanted, and I could not wait to start classes and get a job in this amazing city. As we pulled into a local restaurant I knew I was beaming, knowing that this was the start was a wonderful year. Yet, in the back of my mind, something lightly nudged at me, pleading for me to turn around and go home, to forget about this place and never come back. I pushed it away, just jitters of being so far away from home, that's all. Oh, how wrong I was; I would soon come to regret not listening to that little voice in my head.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella