Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

All one has in ones life, is the certainly of knowing who they are, and where their place was in the world. I had grown up knowing exactly who I was, and where I stood in life. I was Valerya Kerrianne-Elvira Renata-Peditra Wilhelmina-Cosima-Letha Semelia-Edny Beata-Mosely, of course most people only knew me simply as Valery Kerrianne Mosely. I was twenty years old, I had passion, I had love, I had friendship, and I had trust.

My goals in life were to become a professional photographer, to always see the beauty in life, to grow old with a man I loved, and have lots of babies. Family, passion, and love were the simple concepts of my lifestyle. I always tried to listen to what I was told and take it into consideration, but I also knew I could only be dependent on myself. I tried my best to always do what was right, but I also knew that just because what you believed in was not the right thing, didn't mean it was wrong either.

I knew who I was, or at least I thought I knew who I was. It was starting to seem more and more that I had no idea who I was at all. That is, if you were to go by anything Emrys and Kieran said, which for some reason, I was. It just seemed like the right thing to do, I couldn't tell you why it seemed like the right thing, it just did.

One other thing I had thought I was certain of, I was dead. I had fallen out of a house for goodness sake, how could I not be dead? Oh yeah, that would be because Kieran and Emrys had sprouted wings, jumped from the house, and saved me just before I hit the ground. Which made me believe that instead of begin dead, I had gone crazy. Have you ever seen a man with wings before? No, I didn't think so, which meant that I had to have gone insane somehow, and was now suffering from delusions.

So, I had that figured out. Apparently I was not dead and living in some parallel universe, instead I had gone mad at some point. I am still trying to figure out which point it would have been that I went mad, but I didn't really think that was too important at the moment. I would figure it out at some point or another.

Which brought me to where I was now, back at the house I had fallen out of; And I still couldn't figure out who on earth would build a house way up here. That's not important either, what was important, is that all those little certainties I had just talked about. The ones I were so certain of, I was not so certain anymore, in fact, I was starting to become less certain by the second.

Apparently, I was not dead or insane, again this is going by what Emrys and Kieran say. Whom, until now, I had thought to be fictional, a figment of my imagination due to my recent insanity. So, certainties were being stripped away again, and I was not insane. I was in perfect heath actually, if you can call thinking your insane and not being insane, healthy.

Here is what I have so far, that I am certain of, I was alive. That pretty much sums it up. There were other things I could be certain of, but I was not sure I was, none of it seemed very likely. Emrys and Kieran seemed pretty certain though, which lead me to another certainty. I was not insane, but Emrys and Kieran were.

They had to be, they were talking about angels and demons, rivers of life and other nonsense. Who in their right mind would believe any of that were true? Then again, I had seen their wings with my own eyes, so there I was again, checking that last certainty off my list. They wings were real, which meant what they were saying had to be true, which meant they were not crazy.

Which meant I was back to square one, I was alive. Alive, as in living, as in not dead. I know, I was trying to wrap my head around it too; Because if I was alive, and not crazy, and if they were not crazy, and really were what they said they were. That mean I had to be what they said I was too, and I was not sure I liked that very much. I had been much happier thinking I was dead, or delusional, things had made much better sense that way, less confusing and more possible.

Let me catch you up to speed here, seeing as how there was a bunch of new information floating around. Emrys is a fallen angel, and Kieran is a risen demon, that part was simple enough. I was adopted, and my real parents were also an angel, and a demon, still kind of simple. Now, we get to the bits that were a little less simple, and a whole lot harder to digest.

I am a Hybrid, half demon, half angel. I look like a human, because, well, most demons and angels look like humans already. Only they have wings, and they age slower, and they live longer, harder to kill and so on. I don't have wings because my half and half genes cancel each other out, leaving me somewhere in the middle. Which, of course, left me looking human.

I had no problem with that last part though, that was fine with me, it was this next bit that got to me a bit. My freckles, which apparently freckles were too humanish for angels and demons, and since I was part angel and demon it meant that it was odd for me to have freckles. There was a reason for that though, it was because I was a map. My freckles were like land marks, leading the way to the River of Life.

The River of Life was the Fountain of Youth, something that has always been thought of as a myth. It was apparently very real, though no one knew where it was, now its time for the history lesson. Long ago, the River of life had been built as a gift for the special humans that the Gods had favored. The River had been breathed into existence so that humans could drink form it, and live forever with the Gods.

Now you just know that some jerk is going to come along and take advantage of the situation. Like I mentioned before, angels and demons and such are not immortal, they might live longer than humans, but they can die. Only the Gods were allowed to live forever, as well as any human who sparked their fancy. So yes, someone greedy had come alone and took a sip, which was a big no no, and ruined it for everyone.

The River had been concealed, hidden away from the universe and never spoken of again. There had been a map made though, for emergency purposes of course, and where did they choose to hide said map? On a person of random choosing, which, of course, had been me. Out of all people, I was the lucky chosen one. No one was really certain if I am the first to ever have the map, I was the only one of them to ever show up with freckles, though.

I was also the only Hybrid known to their kind as well, which lead to the fact that only Hybrids carried the map, which lead back to me being lucky. If you were to ask me I wouldn't agree on the lucky part, but there was nothing I could really do about it. Alright, history lesson over, on to more catching up.

Seeing as how I carried the map, and no doubt there were plenty more greedy persons out there, I was hidden away. That's when I was adopted, my biological mother and father had sent me to earth to a foster home. They did not leave me alone though, no my father had sent Kieran to look after me, and my mother had sent Emrys; And so, ever since then they had been looking after me, making sure I stayed out of harms way.

This is where the fun facts come in. Emrys had thought Kieran was looking after me one day, and Kerian had thought Emrys was watching me, and they had both gone off to attend to other business. Two short days they had both left me and in that short time I had managed to get adopted, and they had no idea where to find me. Their one job was to look after me, and protect me, and they had failed due to communication problems.

Did I forget to mention that they didn't really like each other that much? Kieran thought Emrys to be lacking in to whole protector field, and Emrys thought Kieran to be too demon to ever care about anyone but himself. Anyways, neither one of them had been able to find me until that cold winters day just over a week ago. All that time I had been left alone with no one to watch over me, and I must say I was doing very well on my own.

They probably never would have found me either, mostly because they had given up looking. They figured if they couldn't find me, then no one could, especially seeing as how no one knew I existed but them. Or so they had thought, until a letter had been sent to each of them, simply asking to hand me over and no one would get hurt. Which of course made them join forces and start looking for me again, funny how they found me so fast when they played nice.

Then it was my birthday, I was standing outside my house, looking down at my front porch at the two beat up, unmarked boxes that sat there. They were not just pretty presents, that would be to caring of them. No, each was a talisman, spelled to make me not what to take them off once I put them on. The necklace had been from Emrys, and the ring from Kieran, each piece making it easy for them to track me where ever I went.

There was an upside though, that if I was ever in danger and neither of them were around I could summon them using the jewelry. I was guessing it was their version of a pager. The bad thing was that they were still uncertain if I was the girl they were looking for, and there was only one way to find out. My name, the only thing that is mine and mine alone, something that no one else owns, and never will.

So at some point they had to engage me and find out, which Kieran had succeeded in doing. The downfall to that was the dead guy, whoever had sent them the note demanding they had me over had apparently found me, or at least come close to finding me. He knew I was in Colorado, but so far we had not had not run into him again. Emrys and Kieran had happened upon the dying man shortly before I did, the last word he had been able to speak had been my name. Which means we are caught up now, Emrys and Kieran were being the b******s I had called them earlier.

Emrys saying, "If you would have stayed out of Colorado that man would still be alive right now,"

Kieran continuing on with, "Its true, you might not have cut his throat yourself but you might as well have,"

Then together they finished saying, "He is dead, your not, do the math,"

I was crying again, there was too much going on at once and I could only take so much before a breakdown was in order. Could you really blame me though? In my opinion they were being really unnecessary, as if I was not sorry the guy was dead already. Like I said, persistent b******s, the both of them.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella