Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

A Guardian Angel, my Guardian Angel no less, and I believed her. There was no way I couldn't believe her, even before she had spoke I had known what she was in my heart and soul. I admit that at this point in my life I was willing to believe anything, though I was still trying to convince myself that all of this was a dream. Even if Nisorca had come to me weeks ago, and told me she an Angel I still would have believed her, no questions or hysterical breakdown involved.

She crawled up to the bed to sit with me, all the while still holding my hands, her lovely voice like balm to my soul, "It is wonderful to finally be able to meet you. I have waited very long for this day to come."

"Why didn't you come sooner?" I was disappointed that I had gone most of my life without knowing her, but I couldn't help but smile as I spoke.

"I was not permitted to, we are only allowed to watch and protect, Guardians are unable to interfere with a charges life's directly."

I was content with her mild answer, but she wanted to go on, and explained what it meant to be a Guardian Angel. "You see, for ever child born there is an Angel, and we spend our entire life looking after our Charges, it is our soul duty. Humans will never know we exist, but we are always there, looking after them, watching them grow and bloom into adults. We whisper soothing thoughts into their minds when they are unwell, but they can not hear our voice, they only know us as the small voice in the back of their minds."

"You were not born here in earth, so you were not appointed an Angel; And seeing as how you are half Angel yourself, you do not require a Guardian."

"No one knows I am not human though," Smile still on my face, but I could not mask the fear in my voice as I thought that maybe I was not a secret after all.

"Your right, no one knows you are not human. So when you were adopted, Sams Angel noticed that you were without one, and so I was sent to you. Its rare to see a human without an Angel, but not unheard of; Sometimes and Angels die and a human is left unattended. Other times, but rarely so, it is decided that a human is so corrupted that they do not deserve a Guardian. You were much to young to be tainted though, and so I was sent to look after you."

"Nisorca is the reason we were able to finally find you," Kieran spoke with a hint of relief in his voice.

"Does that mean you were a Guardian before you got kicked out, Emrys?"

Emrys only shook his head in silence, and Nisorca saw the confusion in my eyes and explained. "Not every Angel is a Guardian, there are four different types of Angels. The most conman would be a Joy Bringer, these Angels are not attached to any one human. They wonder earth granting happiness and joy to those who suffer much misfortune. They sing to the trees and flowers helping them grow, and they talk to the animals. To be a Joy Bringer means to bring joy and goodness to all forms of life."

"Then, you have the Guardians, Angles who are assigned to a human to watch over and protect all their life. We stay by your side everywhere you go, watching and listening to your life as it unfolds. We have the power to sense weather an upcoming event will bring you joy or misfortune, and when we sense misfortune we try to lead you in a happier direction."

"You tried to lead me away from Colorado, didn't you?" I asked as I remembered the faint chanting voice in the back of my mind when I first came here.

"Yes, I sensed death, and I tried my hardest to lead you away. I am happy that it was not your death I sensed, but I am sad that you had to endure such a sight."

"I am sorry I didn't listen." I hung my head, a little ashamed of myself.

"It is alright, if I would have been able to see your future then I would have let you live it; But I can only sense bad and good, it is more like a feeling, I am unable to see visions of up coming events. Even if it were to be your death, I would be unable to do much to save you. An Angel is prohibited to interfere directly with their Charges life; I can whisper to you and try to lead you away from trouble, but I am not able to help you any way other than warning you."

"Then there are the Champion Angels, which is what Emrys was. These Angels are our warriors, they defend the world and Havens against the demons who cause mischief and chaos. Then there are the Elites, Angles of an Elite status is the highest in ranking. These Angels are in direct contact with the Fates and The One True Divya or Deity, they are the force of justice and Jury in Haven."

"Bare in mind, that everything you have learned about Haven and its Angels also goes for Hell and its Demons," Kieran explained.

"There are the Disasters, who in stead of bringing joy, takes it. Opposite to the Guardians are the Disarray, those who choose a specific human who wreck havoc on; Its an option rather than a duty like with the Angles. If they choose to grant misfortune on a specific human they are more than welcome to. As with the Angles they can not interfere directly with a humans life, just whisper words of harsh and depressing nature. Demons have Warriors as well, mostly to protect our race; Last are the Lords, those who rule over the demons, and under the Devil."

"Kieran was a Champion like myself," Emrys spoke, not seeming very happy that the two of them shared something in conman.

I suddenly had a thought, "Your my Guardian, right? Wouldn't being here now be interfering with my life?"

"Usually, yes. No human is ever to see their Angel, but since your not human, the rules do not apply. When Emrys and Kieran came to me looking for you I asked them if it would be alright for me too meet you once you were aware of who and what you are."

"Nisorca had agreed to help protect you, since you are not a human she is able to use all her powers to aid you. She is always here for you, Valery, if you were to call out her name she will be able to hear your call even if she is in Haven.

"Valery, I would like to continue on as your Guardian, even if it is not necessary for you to have one, I would very much like to stay yours,"

"Of course you can, I would love for you to stay," I squeezed her hands in reassurance, her smile was as bright as the sun, warming me to my very soul.

There was a knock at my door, and before I could ask who was there the knob began to turn. Nisorca Vanished before my eyes, though I could still feel her presence in the room I could not see her. Kieran and Emrys strode off onto the balcony, shutting the door behind them. The room was clear as the door was opened to reveal April, the girl who I had switched rooms with.

"I don't mean to interrupt, I heard you were back and wondered if you would like to get lunch tomorrow, my treat?

"Sure, that would be nice," We agreed on noon tomorrow and then she was off to bed, biding me goodnight and closing the door behind her. Emrys and Kieran returned from he balcony and Nisorca reappeared back on my bed.

"It is getting late, usually you would have been sleeping by now," Nisorca said as she climbed off my bed, leaning over to lay a kiss on my forehead, "Rest my dear, I shall see you again in he morning, if there is anything you need, don't hesitate to call me." With that she was gone, leaving me alone with Kieran and Emrys.

I was tired, and wanted desperately to sleep, but I was afraid they would leave me too. I realized with embarrassment that I was scared to be alone, so much had happened, and I didn't want to be alone, especially seeing as how there was still someone out there who wanted me dead. I was too proud to ask them to stay, but I was also too scared to let them leave, and for a moment I panicked.

I assumed Kieran must have seen the fear in my eyes, "I am not comfortable with leaving you alone tonight, but there are things that we need to get done before morning," he seemed to be wagering a battle at what to do from here.

"I will take first watch and stay here with Valery, when you are done you can take over till morning,"

There was a moment where I thought Kieran would argue, he looked the man up and down, sizing him up with a look of doubt on his face. Then he looked to me and his features softened, his gaze fell as he thought over his options. Finally he lifted his head and gave Emrys a curt nod, cutting across the room to the balcony.

With his hand on the knob he looked back, his stormy eyes catching mine, "Sleep well, Valery," With that he turned away in a flash.

I had a moment to see him standing at the balcony edge as he tore off his shirt. Charcoal gray wings began to unfold from his shoulders, they grew and stretched to their full length. They fanned themselves out, giving one graceful bat, then another, the air around him beginning to whirl. Lashes of the wind he created blew into the room, causing my hair to catch in his breeze. Just as I brushed a strand aside he was gone, vanished into the dark on his midnight wings.

I curled up on my bed as Emrys moved to turn out the light, when my eyes had adjusted to the sudden darkness I searched for him. He was lounging in the chair just off the the side of my bed, legs kicked out and crossed at the ankles, hands folded in his lap and his head back with his eyes closed. I wondered if he had fallen asleep so fast, or if he was just resting his eyes. I watched him sit like that for a while, until finally I heard a faint whisper in the back of my mind; The voice told me to sleep while the sun was still down, and my eyes began to flutter shut in obedience. A small smile tugged at my lips as I dozed off, knowing that Nisorca was the source of that small, lilting voice.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella