Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I sat back on the couch I had woken up on, my hair still wet from the shower and wearing an over sized T-shirt and sweats Kieran had found for me. I felt a million times better on the outside, but on the inside I was shaking. I don't remember how long I had screamed while I was in the shower, I faintly remember Kieran trying to calm me down from the closed door of the bathroom. When I had finally stopped I was sitting at the bottom of the tub, the water had gone cold and all the blood had washed away. I still had goosebumps from having to finish washing my hair and body in cold water.

Emrys had gotten back sometime while I was still in the bathroom, he now sat on the chair a crossed from me; Kieran was back to looking out the window as he had when I had woken up. We had not said a word to each other since I had emerged from the shower, Embrys had given me a nod of a hello, but that was it. The sun had fully risen now, and cast warms rays into the room as we sat in silence.

Kieran had said that when Emrys got back, we would all talk; It seemed like Kieran was waiting for Emrys to do the talking, and from the way Emrys was watching me, he was waiting for me to say something. While I, totally clueless to everything going on, was waiting for one of them to speak up and save me the trouble of having to guess.

We had all been sitting here like this for ten minuets now, and I was starting to get irritated. I didn't like the turn of events my life had taken on, and I was starting to get tired of waiting for something else to happen. It seemed Kieran shared the same feelings as I did, because he pushed away from the wall and came to stand in between where Emry and I sat. He opened his mouth to speak, closed it, then repeated the action before giving up all together with a curse.

"I know how you feel," Emrys said looking up at Kieran as he began to pace, "I want to tell her too, but every time I try I cant help but think how absurd it will sound to her."

"She needs to know, I just never thought I would be so hard to tell her." They were talking over me, like I was not there, even though I was the topic of conversation.

"Worse then having to tell her is having to prove it to her, you know she wont believe anything we say." Emrys said starting to look rather morbid about the entire situation.

"How is one even supposed to begin explaining to someone that their entire life has been a lie? Not only will she not believe us at first, she will hate us."

"Excuse me?" I finally spoke up, more than just a little curious about the last bit Kieran had let slip out.

Until then, I had been enjoying listening on to their conversation. Of course I was confused as to what they were so worried about; Thats why I was enjoying the conversation though, because they seemed really worried, like they cared if I got upset with them. I barley even knew these men, yet they wanted me to like them, and be happy with them. Actually, it was more than that, sure they didn't want me to hate them, but it seemed that whatever they were trying to tell me was something important, and they didn't want to make things worse for me.

I think they would have been okay with me hating them, so long as their news didn't break me in some way. So long as I was able to cope and smile afterwords, it was rare to find people like that. Despite how nice it was to be around men who carried that virtue though, I couldn't help but stumble over that last bit about everything I knew being a lie. That comment was one that desperately needed an explanation to go with it.

They both snapped their attention to me, a little surprised, most likely because they had forgotten I was there. Then the expression of surprise faded away and was replaced by a look of sadness, and I knew they hated their next words as much as I did.

"Your adopted, Valery," And with those three words my mood instantly went dark.

Not because they were telling me that the people who raised me were not my real parents, no, I already knew that. When I had been little I overheard my parents talking about me; I cant remember what I had done, or what they were so worried about. All I remember was my mother suggesting that maybe it had something to do with me being adopted.

I still didn't understand how me being adopted was a good enough reason to excuse any kind of behavior, especially since before than I had thought them to be my parents. I never told anyone I knew, and I never went looking for my real parents. One because I had no idea where to start looking, and two because as far as I was concerned Allen and Marie Mosely were my real parents.

I could have cared less if Kieran or Emrys had told me who my real parents were, I was not mad because they were telling me I was adopted. No, I was angry because they thought they had the right to tell me so; In my opinion, it was none of their damn business. The only people who had the right to tell me I was adopted were my mother and father, I wouldn't have even liked if my biological parents had told me so. They left me to someone else, that made me none of their concern, no matter if they regretted giving me up or not.

I notched my chin up and stood, glaring at them both, " I'm going home," I almost growled and headed towards to front door.

They began talking again, trying to get me to stay I think, but I didn't listen. I didn't even care that I had no idea where I was, or that I would have to walk since my car was still sitting outside the coffee shop. I flung open the door, my nose held high in the air and stepped out into the cold winter morning. My plan had been to ignore them fully, and slam the door behind me to prove my anger towards them.

As I had said in the beginning, life does not always goes the way we plan them; And for me it seemed that nothing ever went the way I planned them. If I had been more aware, instead of holding my head up towards the sky in frustration, I would have noticed that I was not in a small house near town. I was in a small house, that much was obvious, but I was no where near town, in fact, town was about two thousand feet below me; Because as I stepped over the threshold I was only greeted by the feeling of air flying past my ears as I feel down a snow covered, rocky mountain.

My only thoughts as I plummeted to the ground where who the hell puts a house on a mountain with no front steps, or a nice little porch; And how the hell had they possibly managed to get up there in the first place?


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Douglas, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella