Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I had been sleeping peacefully when the vibrations from my cell phone woke me up, I had begun to reach for it when something hard and heavy slammed into me and sent me rolling off the bed. I looked up to see Emrys laying over me, his entire body covering me, all the while my phone began to vibrate on the nightstand.

"Uh, Emrys, what are you doing?" I asked in a voice laced with sleep and confusion.

"I fear we are under attack, listen," My phone vibrated again then stopped as the phone call went to voice mail, "They have seized their attempts, hurry we must find safety,"

Emrys leaped from the floor, dragging me with him as he made way for the balcony. I dug in my heels and pulled myself away from him. His grip was strong but I managed to slip free, stumbling back and tripping over the rug falling once more to the floor. Emrys turned to help me up, no doubt to lift me from the ground and head for safety from the 'attackers' once again.

"Its alright, Emrys, it was just my cell,"

"Cell?" He asked with his hand on my arm. I pushed myself from the ground and walked around the bed to my night stand, picking up my phone and flipping it open.

"My cell phone. It vibrates when someone tries to call me or send a text,"

Emrys came to stand before me and grab the phone from my hands. He turned it about in his hands, examining it, pressed buttons then stopped when it started vibrating again. I looked at the screen to see Sams name and picture, I reached over and pressed the 'Send' button to answer. A moment passed in silence then Sams voice begun talking through the speaker.

"Hello? Valery, you there?"

Emrys brought the phone closer to his face as Sam continued talking, "This is Valery's phone, what are you doing inside?"

"Who is this?" Sam asked suspiciously.

"That is no concern of yours, I ask again, why are you inside Valery's phone?"

The was a pause from the other side of the phone, then a slow response, "Uh, Valery put me here? Can I talk to her, please?"

Emrys looked appalled by her answer, ignoring Sam he looked to me, "Why in the world would you trap someone in such a small place?"

I gave him a droll stare and reached for my phone, "I didn't trap her in there, now let me talk to her," Much to my annoyance he held the phone above his head out of my reach.

"Why would she lie about such a thing? Tell me at once how to release her,"

I continued jumping for my phone to no avail, "Just press the red button," Emrys looked up and the phone and thumbed the red button, killing the call.

"Woman, are you free yet?" There was no answer, then the phone began vibrating again as Sam tried to call me back.

With luck Emrys figured out how to answer the call and Sam began talking again, asking if she could please talk to me. Emrys pressed the red button again and ended the call, all the while still holding it out of my reach. Persistent Sam called back, again, and this time instead of hanging up on her Emrys grabbed the phone with both his hands and snapped it in two. Minutes passed by as he waited for it to vibrate again, I stood there with my arms reaching out for it, my jaw wide open as I stared at two individual pieces of my phone.

Satisfied Emrys handed it back to me, "I suspect she is free now, I wished you would not have trapped her to begin with,"

I stared down at the broken mess in my hands, shocked "You broke my phone!"

"Such devices should not exist, what if someone were to trap you inside? Now it can not be used against you, you are safe, no need to thank me,"

"Thank you? You broke my phone, why would I thank you?" I hissed.

"I just told yo-"

"Never mind, forget it, " I cut him off, tossing my phone into the trash with frustration. I really could not blame him, he didn't know any better, but damn it was hard not to be mad at him. I should have known something like this was going to happen after the way he had reacted to my Jeep.

Sam was going to get an ear full next time I talked to her, if she would not have said I had put her there my phone would still be alive. Sighing I crawled back into bed and pulled the covers around me and watching as Emrys stood at the end of the bed, watching me.

"You should go back to sleep,"

"I would, but since you shoved me out of bed I am not tired," I tried my hardest not to scowl at him.

"My apologies, I thought you to be in danger,"

I sat back in bed, wondering if my life would ever be normal again. There had to be some point where all this madness would go away, right? I would not always need protection like this, they would find the one who was after me and get rid of him, and then I would be safe and free to live my life the way I planed. I sighed pulling the covers tighter around me, I was not one to complain, I had not even wanted to be alone tonight.

I felt the bed dip under Emrys' weight as he came to sit beside me. My heart hitched up in my throat as he moved the covers around and sank under them. I stared at him speechless, I had never had a man in bed with me before, let alone a man I had just met. What was I saying, he was not even a man, not really, he was an angel. Correction, he was a fallen angel, which only made the idea of him sleeping in my bed more curious. He turned on his side to face me, his head nestled in the pillow and his arm tucked up under it.

"I hope you don't mind, the chair is really uncomfortable and I need to be properly rested before Kieran returns,"

I didn't say anything, just shook my head and watched as he closed his eyes. What could I say? There was a fallen angel laying in my bed, with me in it, at the same time. To be honest I really didn't mind all that much, and it bothered me that I didn't mind, I should mind. I should have at least bothered me that he didn't even ask before making himself comfortable. I almost had the sense to ask him to leave, but he looked rather peaceful laying there.

It was my fault he was here in the first place, the least I could do was let him sleep comfortably. Its not like he was there because he wanted to sleep with me, he just needed his rest, nothing to get all worked up about. I could not help it though, as I sank into bed to lay with him my heart was racing and my hands shaking. I had only been laying there a few minuets and he was already asleep. His breathing was deep and steady, his body relaxed and his features peaceful. I took a deep breath and carefully rolled over, maybe if I could not see him I could pretend he was not there and get some sleep.

I tried my hardest not to wake him with my movements, but as I nestled down and got comfortable again I felt him move. I froze up, going as still as possible and holding my breath; Next thing I knew his chest was flat up against my back and his arm was flung over my side pulling me closer. I felt his gentle breath against the back of my neck, he was still asleep. I let out the breath I had been holding slowly, my heart still pounding in my chest, Emrys' body warm against mine.

I was scared that if I tried to move away he would only pull me closer, and I was not sure closer was something I would have liked. I had been having enough trouble falling asleep with him just laying in the same bed as me, now I had to try with him actually laying with me, cuddling even. I took a few deep, slow breaths, trying to get my heart rate back to normal, trying to ignore the man with his arm around me. As I closed my eyes I heard that small voice once again, telling me there was nothing to worry about. I tried to listen, I even began to doze off, but my body was still stiff with awareness of the body pressed against mine.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella