Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

Slowly we all pulled away from each other, Emrys and Kieran has their eyes glued on me, while I purposefully tried to avoid theirs. I took a second for myself, walking to the other side of the room and out onto the balcony. I was strangely calm, but I knew it wouold not last. Emotions would come high when I told them what I was planning.

"Valery," Kieran spoke softly from the bedroom. I took in a deep breath, and turned around to face the both of them.

"You can't take the map from my body."

They spared a glance at one another, then Emrys stepped forward to speak.

"Its the only way to ensure your safety; Though Kieran and I are both strong, we are no match for Maulice. Besides, Nisorca already confirmed that she has the power to do so,"

I shook my head in frustration, "I am not telling you it can not be done, Emrys, I am refusing you permission to do so. Its my body, and I have the final say on the matter, there is nothing you can do to change my mind."

They both regarded me with hostile eyes, standing up a little straighter and crossing their arms over their chests in unison. I will admit it was impressive, very intimidating and menacing, but I didn't back down.

"Look all tough and scary all you want, I am not going to give in; Its my choice in the end, and you cant take that away from me. I am not trying to be stubborn, I have my reasons on why I cant let you go through with this."

"And what reasons might that be?" Emrys took a step forward, obviously still trying to intimidate me.

I sighed, even cringed a little realizing what I was about to say was going to sound crazy.

"When I passed out I had a dream, it was confusing and a little scary, and didn't make much sense; But in my dream Nisorca took the map off my body, and placed it on the both of yours, with seconds your skin began to peel away and turn to ash; It was killing you both right before my eyes. It might have been just a dream, but I can feel the truth of it in the pit of my stomache, I know it sounds silly, but I believe its true."

"It was only a dream, Valery. A bad one at that, I don't blame you for being cautious," Kieran spoke sympathetically, coming to stand beside me, "But its our only option at this point."

"Yes, it did scare me, it still does," I stepped away from him and looked at them both, "But it makes sense. The River was hidden away and the map was made in secrecy. If it were that easy for someone to take it from me and use it for themselves then there would have been no use in hiding it in the first place."

"Listen to Kieran, it was only a dream. You are beginning to overreact, Valery."

I gaped at him, at his bored tone and condescending eyes. In that moment my feelings were hurt, maybe not much, but enough.

"She has a point, it makes sense," Kieran said, taking my side.

"What are you talking about? You first said that it was only a dream, and now you actually agree with her? Before we came along she didnt even know who she was, therefore she would have no idea if the map would be harmful or not."

"Then why did I have the dream? How else would I have had a dream about it if it were not true?" I asked in near desperation.

"Maybe it was your fear that lead you to have such a dream." This from Kieran.

"I heard you both before I passed out, talking about taking the map. I had thought it a good idea, it had made sense and seemed like a good plan. I was not afraid, but then I had the dream."

Emrys sighed and turned away towards the edge of the balcony, and Kieran went to stand beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder; From there they began to speak without me, carrying on a conversation that was meant from only them.

"I look at her and all I want to do is give in, take her word as if it were gold and give her anything to be happy; And yet I know the danger that is out there, I cant just stand by and see her be hurt again, but I know I can only do so much to keep her safe." Emrys gave another sigh, his shoulders shaking with the action.

"I understand the battle you are waging with yourself, for I am faced with the same battle as well. I keep telling myself that I would rather see her living and hating me, then dead; But then I think about the hell it would be to have her look at me with resentment and I fall."

"So what are we to do?" Emrys looked to him then, with something close to pleading in his voice.

Before Kieran could answer, there was a soft cough from the room; A clearing of the throat as to get attention. We all turned as if we were being pulled by strings. Nisorca stood with a small smile upon her lips, and her hands gently clasped before her.

"If you would allow it, I believe I can examine the map from your body, Valery, to see if it would be dangerous to remove it or not."

I smiled and noded my head, without even turning to see if Kieran or Emrys approved. Nisorca was a god send, quite literally.









© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella