Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

"Classes start in two days, I need to get back to normal life now," I tried my hardest not to shout at them.

Both Kieran and Emrys had been talking over me for the last half hour, trying to come up with a strategy, figuring out where we were all going to go from here. As far as I was concerned I was going to go back to the cottages, come up with an excuse for why I have been missing, then get ready for classes. From what I overhead in their conversation they planned on keeping me in the little house on the mountain, for who knows how long. They wanted to find out who was after me and get rid of him once and for all, but seeing as how they had no idea who he was, or where to start looking for him, it was going to take a while to track him down.

That's when the brilliant idea of using me as bait came in; I tried to remind them that their job was to protect me, not put me in danger, they wouldn't listen though. Which is why I was two seconds away from yelling at them, every time I opened my mouth it seemed like I was the only one listening. That is why is surprised me when they turned their attention to me when I mentioned classes starting.

"What a brilliant idea, Valery," Emrys beamed, looking to Kieran for his approval.

"I agree, going about with a normal routine is the perfect way to lure your attacker out. He wont suspect we are watching you there, and might make an appearance."

My jaw dropped as they turned everything around on me. All I wanted was to pretend like none of this was happening, and get back to my life. Classes were starting soon, I couldn't deal with this now, I had a life to live. What I wanted didn't matter though, because as I climbed into my Jeep and headed back to my cottage, Kieran and Emrys were climbing in as well.

They had insisted on coming with me so they knew where I was staying and could find someplace near by for them to stay. I tried arguing with them, but it was useless, and I was starting to get annoyed again. As I guided my car down the winding roads Kieran was busy messing with the radio next to me, and Emrys was reaching from the back seat and playing the the knobs to the heater. They were fascinated by the technology us humans possessed, Emrys had even tried to take over the steering at one point, I had yelled at them both.

I didn't mean to, I was on edge, overwhelmed and frustrated and I snapped. They both froze, hands reaching for a new knob, poised in the air as they watched me. Then they sank back into their seats in silence, looking out the window, and looking really sad. I felt bad but I was not about to apologize, I was still trying to think of an excuse I would tell the other girls. No doubt they would be wondering where I was, I would not be surprised if they had reported me to the police as missing.

I was surprised though when I found out they had not been worried about me at all. Kieran and Emrys had left me alone in the Jeep just before we came into view of the cottages, when I got to me room I was supposed to summon them using the jewelry, that way they would know exactly where I slept. I was not so happy about that part, but again, they would not take no for an answer. I had pulled into the drive and climbed out, preparing myself for the lie I was about to tell and the worried faces of my room mates.

Instead, I had walked inside, spotting several of the girls chatting in the front room and not one of them showed any sign of relief that I was home. They smiled, said hello, told me they were glad I was back, but none of them asked where I had been.

"I was starting to wonder when you would finally get back," I turned my head to see Danny coming out of the kitchen, a cup of tea nestled in her dainty hands, "I told you guys she was with a guy, just look at what she is wearing.

I looked down at myself the same time everyone else did, remembering that I wore the over sized T-shirt and sweats. My hair was tousled around my face due to the fact that I had not been able to find a brush after my shower; There was no question that it looked like I had spent the night with a man. I gave a heavy sigh, half in relief that I didn't have to lie to any of them, and half in frustration at spending so much energy coming up with said lie.

"So," Danny chimed, "Who is he?" The other girls leaned forward in their seats to listen.

"I don't kiss and tell," I mumbled, waving to them as I turned down the hall and headed towards my room.

I didn't even care to react when I stepped through my bedroom door to see Emrys and Kieran already there, the balcony doors open and the wind blowing the curtains around. I should have been just a little surprised, but really I was only glad they had not stumbled into the wrong room. I could only imagine what any of the other girls reactions to two men like them magically appearing in their bedroom. I was suddenly exhausted, and instantly I crawled into bed, snuggling under the blankets, my pillow feeling like heaven under my head.

"I understand you are tired, but there is someone we would like you to meet," As usual Emrys did not give me the choice as to if I wanted to meat this person or not.

I had a moment to wonder who they could possibly want to introduce me to. I was a liability, only these two men were supposed to know I existed; They had been talking all day about keeping me safe and hidden, and now they wanted to go around introducing me to random persons. Then there was a flash of light, so bright that I thought I would go blind from it. The room was filled with such a comforting warmth, I felt so safe, enough so that bombs could have been going off and I would not have a single worry to my name.

When the light died down, I saw the figure of a small women replacing where the light had once been. The air around her sparkled, her body gave off a soft glow, as if she had swallowed the sun and it was straining to shine through her. Her hair was the color of sand, falling down to the back of her knees, and it flowed around her as if it would if she were underwater. She worse a simple white dress, hitting her just above the knees; The only color she wore were blue markings upon her face and hands, delicate and graceful symbols painted on her skin. It was not a surprise to see small, elegant wings spread out behind her, I think it would have been more of a surprise if she had stood before me without wings.

She was poised in the air, just above the ground, her arms held out to her sides in a dancer fashion. To say she was beautiful would have been an insult; She was majestic, breath taking, she was everything that was pure and good. Most of all, she was mine, I could feel a tugging at my soul at her appearance. Like it was recognizing her, connected to her; And as I gazed at her beauty I saw familiarity in her soft smile and kind eyes. Like I had seen her before, though I knew that I have never really seen her before. Yet as she gazed back at me I wondered if maybe we had indeed met, because she smiled at me like an old friend she had not seen for too long.

I instantly sat up in bed and reached my hands towards her, "Who are you?" I asked in such awe, giving a small gasp as her hands folded into mine.

I felt utterly peaceful as she stood at the end of my bed, her hands in mine. I wanted to weep when she spoke, her voice like a sound I had been waiting all my life to hear. "I am your Guardian Angel, Nisorca."


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella