Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Keevan
"

The first chapter! :D

"

I lay in the grass on the hill near where I fell (literally) into Munich, Germany. It's been almost two years since that night in the ballroom. And so much had happened during that time, I didn't know what to worry about most.

     But I know now that the most important thing to worry about is how to get back. Back to Amestris, back to Central, back home, back to Edward.

     If there even is a way.

     I clench my fists, his clean white gloves still on my hands. When I got pulled through the Gate, I accidentally took Edward's gloves with me when I grabbed his hands. I didn't even get to see his face before the Gate slammed shut and I was inside....

     "No," I said outloud to myself. "That life is over. Fulfill your promise, damn you! Or, me, ah...whatever!"

     .....I had picked up a habit of talking to myself.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm back," I said as I entered the flower shop, a store that my roommate owned. I was kind of surprised that the place was empty. Gracia was asleep at the counter, looking very uncomfortable.

     "Oh, rooooooomie," I sang, poking her arm. "Wake-y wake-y!" Her eyes fluttered open, and she yawned.

     "It's been a boring day, Lucille," she said with a laugh.

     "I'll take care of things for a while," I said, nudging her to the stairs, which led to the second floor, our "house". She yawned again and said, "Fine, fine, I'm gonna go take a nap."

     She went upstairs, and I took a seat behind the counter, already feeling the boredom.

     I should explain why Gracia called me Lucille. That's my name around here. And the men, being gentlemen, call me Miss Lucille. If only guys in Amestris were this polite!

     I yawned, and then I saw someone enter the shop.

     "Welcome," I said with a smile on my face. It was my buddy Alfons Heiderich. He was a rocket scientist, who frequently visited to buy flowers for this girl he liked. He just wouldn't tell me who.

     "Hey there, Miss Lucille," he said (Yes, even one of my closest friends here called me "miss". Deal with it.). "How's your day been?"

     "Same old, same old," I said. "How about you?"

     "Fine," he said, picking out a flower bouquet and bringing it to the counter. "I finally got the ol' hermit to leave the house today."

     "Really?" I said. "That's a first."

     "Even if he was only gone for about five minutes, it's still an accomplishment," he said with a laugh. I chuckled, going along with his joke. His roommate, Edward Elric, the FAKE Edward in my eyes, was known as The Hermit around here because he never left his room. No one knows why. Not even Alfons.

     He handed me the money for his flower bouquet, and I said, "Alfons, please tell me who you're getting all of these flowers for!"

     "N-Never!" he said defensively, madly blushing. "J-Just let me buy the flowers." I laughed and took his money, setting it in the drawer we used to store the money we collected, and handed him his change.

     "Thank's, Miss Lucille," he said with a smile. "Oh, where's Miss Gracia?"

     "Takin' a nap," I replied. "I'm managing until she wakes up."

     "I bet she really appreciates you helping out," Alfons said. "Before you got here, barely anyone ever came to the flower shop besides the regulars."

     "Sure, Alfons," I said. He snickered and waved goodbye as he left.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Gracia asked for the hundreth time that night.

     "I'm fine, I'm just going to bed," I said for the two hundreth time. She was worried about me because I wasn't eating. I just...wasn't hungry. I couldn't explain it even if I tried. But, like I had said before, it was probably the fact that I was what you would call, in Amestris, a Homunculus.

     Homunculi are artificial beings, results of failed Human Transmutations. Human Transmutations are tabboos, Alchemists who try to bring the dead back to life. It has never been successfully done, that I know of, and these Homunculi that were the results, formed an alliance.

     I, on the other hand, wasn't made that way. I was taken from my home as a child of eight. My home wasn't a happy one. I lived with my mother, sister, Serah, and abusive father in a small house in Resembool, Amestris. I call my father the Bad Man, for he is what he is. He abused us. He molested my sister. He killed my mother, and my sister.

     I was finally taken away from there, and brought to a lab facility. It was there that they made the change in me. Some scientists, along with a man I used to call Father, did some experimental operation on me and made me half Homunculus. It was terrible. And soon after I awoke, my memories were completely erased.

     I woke up on someone's porch step with a photo in my hands, and no memory what-so-ever. The man who owned the house I somehow ended up at goes by the name of Colonel Roy Mustang. I lived with him for four years, and then I ran away.

     Later, when I was fourteen, I joined the military as a State Alchemist. Oh, and i should probably mention that all Homunculi have something known as an "ultimate ability". For example: My alchemy. Alchemy is a process of making one thing from another. Like, you could turn a pound of wheat into a pound of bread and vice versa. But you couldn't turn a pound of wheat into a pound of gold. It's not Equivilent Exchange.

     Anyway, my alchemy was my ultimate ability because I could decompose my body into a shadow on the ground. It didn't really follow the laws of alchemy. But, I was accepted. And later, one thing led to another, and I was made an assassin for the military under the command of Colonel Mustang (sound familiar?).

     When i was sixteen, two boys suddenly walked into my life. Edward and Alphonse Elric. They were alchemists. Edward was a State Alchemist known as the Fullmetal Alchemist. He had two limbs made out of AutoMail from a childhood tragedy. Alphonse was a soul binded to a suit of armor. Their story was a sad one, and they certainly left an impression in my life.

     Especially Edward. He and Alphonse were my first and only friends.

     More things led to other things, and Edward, Alphonse and I were friends, but not close friends. We were partners. And one night, I was laying in a hospital bed, still scarred from a Homunculus known as Envy killing my friend Vincent. Edward was visiting me, and Envy abducted me. Edward chased us all the way to a ballroom hidden in the Homunculi's lair. There, Envy put me in a black dress and smacked me hard in the head, knocking me unconscoius, and leaving me in a coma. Edward and Envy fought for what seemed like an eternity.

     But once the Gate opened up, the fighting stopped. Envy pushed me away from the gate and was sucked inside, screaming the name, "Hoenheim!"

     I was reaching for Edward to help me. He ran to me and I grabbed his hands as the arms from the Gate wrapped tightly around me and pulled me in. The Gate pulled the both of us slowly to it. But I stupidly lost my footing, and got pulled all the way into the Gate, Edward's gloves accidentally coming with me.

     I treasure them now. They're the only thing I have left of Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist.

     After travelling through the Gate for what felt like a lifetime, I was thrown into Munich, Germany, on the other side of the Gate.

     And that's where this story starts, but two years later from that day.

     And now you're caught up.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
It's finally done! Sorry, Koda and Cloud, for this taking so long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh gosh. im so slow i just realized that you combined the two plot lines of the different series
i love you forever now !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I LOVE IT! The Fake Edward... :'( Its so sad. I MUST CONTINUE!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

501 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan