Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Let's get into the story!

"

I woke up crying. Again.

     I've gone soft since living in Munich.

     The reason I woke up crying is because when I sleep, my dreams aren't really dreams. It's me seeing what's going on with my body in Amestris. Lucy is right now in a coma laying in a hospital in Central City. And I get visitors. Lieutenant Hawkeye and the colonel visit me every day for at least ten minutes. I really miss them and everyone else.

     The reason I cried so hard this time was because Alphonse Elric had visited me. And he was human. Human. In his human body! And Alphonse told me the story, even though I was unconscious laying on a bed with a bandage around my head.

     Apparently, Edward did something that caused Alphonse to get his body back, but he lost all of his memories of the adventures he had with his brother. It was strange, because he introduced himself awkwardly and explained why.

     "Winry and Auntie Pinako say that we were friends," Alphonse had said. "Well, I really hope that you wake up so we can properly meet again, Lucy."

     When I woke up, I cried hard, but kept it muffled so Gracia wouldn't hear me. Alphonse had his body back....and his memories were gone. Sounds a lot like my scenario.

     But just a bit.

     Also, Edward had apparently gone missing. No one knows where he is, and most are saying he's dead.

     But Alphonse and I know better. I know he's alive somewhere, even though I'm in a different realm, and Alphonse knows so because they're, well, brothers.

     I really hope Edward's okay.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm going out for a bit," I said that morning as I slipped on my coat and threw some moeny in my pocket.

     "Where?" Gracia asked. "Don't you want breakfast?" I shook my head.

     "I'd like to spend my day off anywhere but the flower shop," I said. I quickly drank a glass of water, and opened the door to the steps that led to the shop.

     I exited the shop and walked down the street, thinking that I'd go grab a newspaper to start the morning.

     There was a crowd of people swarming the newspaper stand. Probably more news about Hitler and Nazis and all of that crap.

     "Excuse me!" I shouted when the men wouldn't let me through. And just like the parting of the Red Sea, being the gentlmen that most of them were, they parted and let me through to get a newspaper.

     I knew a few of them from around town, and heard a few "Morning, Miss Lucille"'s. I nodded to each of them and bought my newspaper. As soon as I left the stand, the hustle-and-bustle they were doing before continued.

     "Men," I mumbled, sighing. To my left, I saw the familiar swing of blonde hair, and saw Edward Elric.

     Not MY Edward. Just the dopplegangar that looked exactly like him. I sighed, I was about to walk away, but I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around.

     It was the fake. Edward. I put on the plastic smile and said, "Good morning, Edward."

     "Morning, Miss Lucille," he said. "Hey, do you know who Alfons bought the flowers for yesterday? He won't tell me."

     "I couldn't wiggle it out of him, either," I said with a laugh. "He's really determined to keep it a secret, I guess."

     "Hmph," Edward mumbled. "Guess we'll never know."

     "Guess not."

     And there we stood for a few awkward moments. I tried to look anywhere but Edward's eyes, which were the same golden shade. But what I did notice was a hint of sadness in his eyes, but he quickly covered it up and said, "Well, I gotta get going. Alfons need's his newspaper!"

     He waved goodbye and ran down the street. I sighed shakily and made my way out of town and up the dirt path to the grassy hill where I spend most of my days alone.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I fell asleep. When I opened my eyes, it was late afternoon. And my newspaper was gone.

     "Money well spent," I said outloud as I sat up and yawned. I stood up and felt the nice summer breeze lift my spirits up.

     I walked back into town and saw a flier for a carnival. It was the following weekend one town over. And it said something about a rocket launch.

     "I wonder...is Alfons launching?" I took the flier and folded it up, putting it in my pocket.

     I made my way to Alfons Heiderich's house.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
A little shorter than what I normally do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Is Edo with Hei?? MUST READ TO FIND OUT!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan