Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Keevan

A girl walked in to buy flowers. Short hair, and a snooty aura about her. My guess was she worked in a library.

     She bought a bundle of lillies and set them on the counter, along with some money.

     "Got a date or something?" I asked as I put the money in the drawer and wrapped the flowers in plastic.

     "None of your business!" she shouted at me. "And stay away from Alfons! I know you're coming onto him! He's mine!"

     "I'm what!?"

     "You're Lucille Mustang, right?" she asked (yes, I had to keep the last name of Mustang. I couldn't think of anything else!). "I know you two have been close friends for the past two years, but Alfons has moved on from you! Stay away from him!"

     "You know what?" I said, crossing my arms and tilting my head to the side. "I think I've finally found out who Alfons has been getting flowers for."

     "Sh-Shut up!" she shouted. She grabbed the lillies from the table and scurried out of the store.

     "What was all that ruckus?" Gracia asked as she yawned and emerged down the stairs from the house. She had gone on break, and I guess she decided to take a nap during.

     "Never you mind, my dear," I said with a laugh. "I have to talk to Alfons later, oh, yes, I do."

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

The day of the carnival. Alfons and his rocket crew were launching their latest model.

     Gracia said I could go, and that she'd be fine by herself as the shop.

     "You sure?" I had said.

     "I'm sure," she said. "Trust me, Munich'll be a ghost town with a carnival around."

     She let me borrow her car, which I had driven a few times before. It was a model I liked because it didn't have a roof. I liked the feeling of the open air around me as I drove.

     The carnival was a town over, so a car was needed.

     "If only there were trains here," I mumbled as I got in and started the engine. After a few minutes of driving down the road to the end of town, I saw someone in the middle of the road waving thier arms around. I stopped the car, and Edward ran towards me.

     "Alfons left without me," he said when he stopped, trying to catch his breath. "Are you going to the carnival? Could I get a ride?"

     I sighed, trying not to look at his face, and said, "Climb in Full--I mean, Edward." Fullmetal was what I used to call Edward, just because that was his alias in the military, like I mentioned before.

     He got in the passenger side and I started the car again, heading out of town.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"So, how's your day been?" Edward asked without much enthusiasm.

     "Okay, I guess," I said. "Um, this really phsyco chick bought flowers today. She was...jealous or something."

     "What's there to be jealous of?" Edward asked. I shrugged off the possible insult and said, "She kept saying stuff like, 'Stay away from Alfons! He's mine!' and 'I know you're coming onto him!' and 'Back off!'"

     "Probably the girl he's been seeing," Edward said with a laugh. "He finally confessed the girl's name."

     "Who is that phsyco?"

     "Her name is Anna," Edward said. "She works in the library."

     "I thought so," I said. "but you'd never catch me in a library."

     "Why not? Don't like to read?"

     "More like I can't," I replied. Yeah...and if I couldn't read English back in Amestris, there was no WAY I was going to attempt German. Basically, the only German I could read were the signs and flyers and newspapers around town. I only got the gist of those!

     "Hm," Edward grunted, not looking at me. "maybe you should learn."

     "Not a chance," I said. "I like to stay headache free." It was a silent ride the rest of the way to the carnival grounds.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Edward, Lucille!" Alfons said happily. "You both made it! I'm glad."

     "Hermit hitched a ride with me," I said with a laugh. "AND...if you would've TOLD me, I could've picked up ANNA as well!" I decided to give him a hard time.

     He blushed madly and said, "Keep it down! Edward, I can't believe you told her about Anna!"

     Edward snickered and shrugged, a big smile on his face.

     It was a smile I used to see almost all the time...when Edward was with his brother...

     "H-Hey, Lucille," Alfons said, snapping me out of a two second trance. I looked up at him. "What...? I'm sorry, I spaced out."

     "You're crying," Edward noticed. "Are you alright?" I quickly wiped away the tears and put the plastic smile on my face.

     "I'm fine!" I said with a half-hearted laugh. "Really, I'm okay. I just got dust in my eye...or something." They didn't seem convinced, but Alfons's buddies were calling him back over, so he didn't have time to argue.

     "Ed, take care of her today," he instructed.

     "I don't need a babysitter, Heiderich!" I shouted at him, suddenly annoyed. Edward just grinned and shrugged. "I guess I have no choice."

     "Whaaat!?" I shouted. I tried to hide what I was really feeling inside: Sorrow...and happiness. Just being able to be near a fragment of what I used to know was good enough for me.

     Even if this was the wrong Edward, he was still Edward...in a way.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG YOU KEPT ANNA!!! XD LOL

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
1 Review
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan