Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Let's see how Lucy's effected by all this.

"

I laid in bed that night, Dieter at my feet, feeling strange. It was like....I don't know how to explain it. I felt relieved, and somewhat happy. But I also felt angry that Edward was so stupid as to jump into the Gate after me. I clenched my fists with that thought, but sighed and let it drop.

     I rolled over in bed and looked up out the window again, wondering if Edward was looking at the stars like I was.

     I yawned and closed my eyes, eventually giving into sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

No one was there. My body was alone, laying in the hospital bed. It was strange. There was usually another person there, visiting my body. But now, there was no one.

     I felt forgotten. Lonely.

     It seemed like I hovered over to my body. I looked at my face. Lifeless. Cold. Pale. Looking almost like a glass doll. As if the slightest touch could crack and shatter the girl laying there.

     "That's me," I whispered. "That's my face...looking so vulnerable." I held out a transparent hand and tried to lightly touch my body's face....but couldn't. It didn't feel natural. I pulled my hand back and stepped back.

     "I have to wake up," I whispered. "I have to...no one's here. I'm forgotten."

     Forgotten....

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The word forgotten seemed to linger in my mind as my eyes fluttered open to a heavy panting by my head. I sat up and saw Dieter laying on my pillow, on his back, as if he were extremely warm and needed to cool off.

     "You okay, Dieter?" I asked gently, lightly rubbing my finger on his nose. He sneezed and rolled over, still panting.

     I looked out the window. It was still dark. My clock on the wall said it was three thirty in the morning. I yawned and got up, getting dressed.

     "Let's go for a walk," I said when I was dressed. Dieter obidently jumped down from the bed to my side as I creaked my bedroom door open.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

It was a kind of night that reminded me of those nights back in Central when I would sit in a dark alley at night and smoke a cigarette.

     When Dieter and I went outside, there was a chill in the air, and it smelled like rain. It would've been dark, except there was the moon lighting up the street. It was peaceful. But I heard a bunch of "Heil Hitler!" in the distance.

     "Stupid Nazis," I mumbled, crossing my arms. "Dont you agree, Dieter?" He yipped quietly, wagging his tail.

     "Glad to see you agree," I said, yawning. We walked down the street, Dieter occasionally walking next to me with his nose on the ground sniffing it.

     We wandered around, not really caring where we were going. By the time we wandered back, sunlight was already peeking over the horizon, the sky turning a bit pink.

     Dieter and I went inside and quietly snuck back to my room.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I tried to go back to sleep. It didn't work. I couldn't close my eyes for more than ten seconds at a time. It was awful.

     I waited until the sun came up to get re-dressed and head downstairs.

     "Morning," Gracia said when I came down. "Goodness, you look terrible!" I yawned and rubbed my eyes sleepily, mumbling, "Shuttup, I couldn't sleep."

     And that's when the phone started ringing. I yawned, and Gracia answered it. 

     "Hello?" she said when she answered. She stood there a minute, and then nodded. She held out the phone to me and said, "It's Edward. It sounds urgent."

     "Ed, what is it?" I said, shoving the reciever on my ear.

     "Alfons is gone, and there's a small detail I forgot to mention yesterday," he said in a flurry of words. "Get over here!"

     "I'll, uh, be there soon," I said. I hung up the phone and got my coat and gloves on.

     "Leaving so soon?" Gracia asked. "You were supposed to open up the shop today."

     "I'm sorry, Gracia, but this is urgent," I said, opening the door to the stairs. "I'll run the shop all day tomorrow if I have to, I just really have to go."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I knocked on the door, and Edward opened it quickly, pulling me inside.

     "What did you mean, 'Alfons is gone'?" I asked first as he started pacing around the room.

     "He went to go "live" at the rocket building place where he's building rockets," Edward said. "He coughed blood today. He's not doing so good. But we can't worry about that now. There're some other details I have to tell you."

     "Well, spit it out!" I shouted at him. "I'm in a lot of trouble with Gracia for this!"

     He sighed and said, "Envy is here in Munich."

     My blood ran cold and I immediately balled my right hand into a fist, holding it at my chest. Envy had peeled back my skin, revealing to Edward the Oreborus Tattoo that was hidden by it.

     "He's...he's here? Where!?" I nearly shreiked.

     "I ran into Envy at that castle," Edward said, pacing again. "I went back again after leaving last night. Envy was a big dragon. He tried to kill me."

     "We have to get out of here!" was my response. I clamped my hand over my mouth; I didn't mean to say what I said.

     "Don't worry," Edward said, unphased by it. "Envy was taken captive by some...people. I think they're called the Thule society. He can't hurt you."

     "I...okay," I said weakly. I felt my legs get weak, and my knees buckled.

     "Easy," Edward said, catching me as I fell. I blushed, conscious of the way his arm was around my waist as he held me up. He blushed, too, after seeing what he did, and he quickly sat me on the ground and pulled a chair over. I climbed on it, and coughed, aware of an awkward silence.

     "I'm sorry," he said. "That was out of line."

     "All you did was catch me before I fell, Edward," I said, not looking at him. "Forget it."

     A few more awkward minutes went by, and I finally asked, "What do we do now? Edward, we can't stay here. We need to get back. I think something bad is going to happen."

     "How so?" he asked.

     "Last night, in my sleep, there was no one in the hospital room. I felt completely forgotten by everyone. My body looked dead, like a porcelain doll. And when I woke up, I couldn't go back to sleep. I feel resltess, Edward."

     "That could be a bad sign," he mumbled. He shook out his head and mumbled, "If only my dad was here."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

After I got the strength back to walk, I left his and Alfons's home. I still didn't know what he was planning, but I did know that there was a lot he wasn't telling me. I just had to come up with how to get it out of him.

     I sighed and made my way back to the flower shop.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, their little scene was so cute!!! XD XD XD
On another note, ENVYYYYYYY!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


EEEEEHHHH!!! ENVY>?!?!? AWW CMON!!! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan