Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Keevan

"Wait," Edward said, slowly getting it. "You mean...it's really you? It's really been you this whole time!?" He was angry, then annoyed, then relieved, then confused. "But wait, why haven't you said anything!? You've been a completely different person!"

     "That's because I didn't think you were...you," I said honestly. "I mean, I thought you were just one of the dopplegangars here. Why didn't YOU say anything, huh, Fullmetal?"

     "Because I thought the same thing about you." He sighed and looked at the ground, crossing his arms.

     "Edward, I think we should go," I said, looking around after hearing faint marching in the distance. "Nazis."

     "But, what about..." He hesitantly looked at the suit of armor.

     "That's not Alphonse," I said. "Just come one. The flower shop is closer than yours and Alfons's house. You can stay with Gracia and I."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"You're back, and you brought Edward with you?" Gracia said as we entered the shop.

     "Yeah, everything's fine," I said, making my way to the stairs, Edward following.

     "Want some dinner?" Gracia asked. Dieter, who was laying by Gracia's feet behind the counter, lifted his head at the word 'dinner'.

     "No, that's okay," I said, already halfway up the stairs. "Not hungry."

     "But you never eat!" Gracia called up. "Are you sure?"

     "Positive!" I called back. Edward followed me up the stairs and to my room. I closed the bedroom door, sighed, and sat on my bed.

     "You don't eat?" Edward asked. "I thought you looked a little thin."

     "I don't know why, Edward," I said. "It's probably either because my body's in a coma, and my soul is here, or the fact that I probably am still a Homunculus."

     "You're not a Homunculus!" Edward suddenly snapped. "That was just a lie that Envy came up with!"

     "Edward, it's not a lie," I said, feeling another headache starting. "The Oreborus Tattoo is still under my skin, I'm sure. It just can't go away because of what happened."

     "I don't believe that you're a Homunculus," he said. "You weren't the result of a failed Human Transmutation. You age, for God's sake!"

     "I was taken to a lab and.....made into one, Edward," I said calmly, trying to get him to wrap his head around it. "I don't know the details. But, I am a Homunculus, and my alias is Pain."

     "I can't believe you were with them..." he started, anger in his eyes.

     "Hold onto that thought," I said, standing up. "I never said I was WITH them, Edward. And remember what Envy said in the ballroom? He hated me."

     "That's right," Edward said, calming down. "Right before he went into the Gate. Before you went through..."

     Icy fear suddenly shot up my spine. Edward was standing in front of me in Munich, Germany. In Amestris, he was presumably DEAD.

     "Edward, how did you get here?" I asked him.

     He just shook his head and said, "I tried to follow you." He then grinned and said, "And it was right on the money."

     "Don't tell me you...died," I said, my hands shaking. He shook his head and said, "I pried open that stupid Gate and jumped in after you. By the way, are those my gloves?" He pointed to my hands, which still had his gloves on them.

     "Uh...yeah," I said. "I kept them with me because...hrm, well..." Why...did I keep them? Because I didn't want to forget Edward? Because I needed something to hold onto? Because I just liked his gloves!?

     "I didn't want to forget," I blurted. "I thought I was never going to see you again. I was confused when I first got here, and all I had were your gloves. Do you want them back?"

     He laughed and said, "No, that's fine. Heh, you keep them." I fidgeted with my fingers, and then thought of something that Edward should know.

     "Um, Edward, I don't know how to explain this, but, um..."

     "What is it?" he asked curiously. "Is it important?"

     "It might be," I said. "I'm not too sure."

     "Well, spit it out." He sat on the edge of my bed and looked up at me with his arms crossed.

      I tried as best as I could to explain to him what's been happening in my sleep.

     "You see," I began. "I'm still in a coma in Central City, and in my sleep--here, when I sleep here--I see what's happening in the hospital room. People we know visit me all the time. Your brother visits me almost every day."

       "So he's okay?" Edward asked relieved. "And he has his body back, right?"

     "Yeah," I said. "He has his body back, but he..."

     "He lost all of his memories of me and him together," Edward finished.

     "How did you know, Edward?"

     "Because I was talking with him before you showed up," Edward grunted. "But at least now I can be positive my little brother's alright." I nodded and sat next to him on the bed.

     And then a sick feeling rose up in my esophagus.

     "Edward," I said, my eyes widening. "Envy....came through the Gate, too, right?"

     "Yeah," he said. "Where are you going with this."

     "It's possible that he could be here in Munich....isn't it?"

     "Lucy, really," he said, putting a hand on my shoulder but not looking at me. "If Envy was here, don't you think he would have tried to kill one of us by now?"

     "That's no reassurance, Fullmetal," I said, suddenly feeling more annoyed than scared. He just laughed. I fidgeted around my hands again, when Edward suddenly said, "So, you wanted your Edward. I'm your Edward, huh?"

     "Sh-Shut up!" I shouted, punching his right arm hard. I heard mu knuckles crack, and pulled my hand back.

     "Alfons said your arm is a machine covered in rubber skin," I said, looking at my hand, my knuckles turning red.

     "Yeah," he said. "it's a lot less convenient than my AutoMail, but it works."

     "Huh." I crossed my arms and sat there. "Now what?"

     "We figure out a way to get back through that damn Gate," Edward said, standing up. "There has to be a way. And the place I was tonight....I'm sure that the key is in there."

     "What are you talking about?" I asked, standing up with him. "Where were you tonight?"

     "This castle," he said. "and, there was a big Transmutation Circle on the ground, but it wasn't finished. I finished it, just out of habit, I guess, and this...portal opened up. A bunch of suits of armor fell in, and...."

     "That's where Alphonse came from," I finished for him.

     "Yeah," Edward said. "But, it's weird. Alchemy doesn't work on this side of the Gate. How those people pulled it off, I need to find out."

     "What people, Edward?" I asked, really getting confused and annoyed. "What people!?"

     "Never mind that," he said. "I need to do more research on that place, and that circle. Then maybe I can find a way to get us home. Okay?"

     "I....okay," I said hesitantly. He nodded, and we retreated to the flower shop, which I told Gracia I'd close for her.

     "Well, goodnight, Lucille," he said with a laugh.

     "Heh, see you tomorrow, Edward." But he just stood there, and an unreadable expression fell over his face.

     "Ed?" I said. "Everything alright?" He looked at the ground, stuck his hands in his coat pockets, and looked unsure about something.

     "Edward, what is it?" I asked, getting kind of worried. He looked at me once, smirked and shook his head.

     "You're so different," he said, closing his eyes. "It's almost hard to believe that you're...you."

     "Oh, really?" I said, crossing my arms. "The only thing different about you that's visible is that you're finally the same height as me!"

     "Hey, I'm like an INCH taller than you, now!" he shot back defensively. I did something I don't think I've ever done truthfully: I laughed. And Edward laughed with me before he waved goodbye and wandered down the dark night-time streets of Munich.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
This one.....took a while lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please please please please PLEASE let there be romance somewhere in this book! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan