Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Keevan

"Just a little further," Edward said after a few minutes of walking in the dark. "And...we're here." He stopped and turned 90 degrees, slowly opening a door. He ushered me inside and whispered, "Keep quiet, they might be here."

     "Who's going to be here again?" I whispered back in a rush.

     "I've told you before!" he whispered annoyed. "The Thule society!"

     "I don't know what that is!" I said in a normal voice, now just as annoyed as him.

     "Keep it down!" he hissed.

     "Shut up, no one's here!" And there wasn't, as far as I could tell. I looked around the big, dim, circular room, and no one was there. All I saw was a Transmutation Circle (HUGE, at that!) in the middle of the room, and a small piece of chalk.

     Edward walked up to the Circle and looked at it, and he said, "When I came here the first time, I thought it was some kind of witch-craft for sacrificing virgins. Man, was I wrong."

     "Interesting theory," I said. He tugged my arm back to the door, and he said, "C'mon, we need to get higher up."

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

We went up a few flights of stairs, and then came upon the same room, only...higher up than before. Yep. The same pillars were there, but a big hole the size of the Transmutation Circle below was cut out of the floor. It was basically a big ring.

     "What was the point of that?" I asked him. He was going to speak, stopped, tried again, stopped, then shrugged.

     "I dunno," he admitted. "I just felt like we needed to get higher up." I nodded and shuddered, begining to walk around the perimeter of the circle. But before I made it three steps, Edward gripped onto my coatsleeve and said, "Hold up! You promised none of this restlessness crap!"

     "I can't help it, Edward," I said calmly. "I just can't sit still. What was the point of coming again?"

     "What do you mean?" he asked. "You forgot why we came?"

     "Y-Yes," I said, stopping in my tracks. I tried to think and remember. Nothing came to me.

     "To find a way back to Amestris!" Edward shouted with irritation. "How could you have forgotten that!?"

     It suddenly came back to me. Edward and I were trapped in Munich, and we needed to get home to Amestris. We came to the castle to see if there was something Edward missed the last time he was here.

     "Edward, I think I'm starting to forget stuff," I said. "Ed...what's--what's my name!?" I couldn't remember my name! Now I didn't feel stupid, I felt scared!

     "Lucy," he said. "Your name is Lucy. Why are you forgetting? If you're trying to be funny, it's not working."

     "I'm not trying to be funny!" I argued back. "I'm really forgetting stuff!" Edward crossed his arms and said, "We're leaving. It's too hard with you here. You're getting in the way."

     "Excuse me, Princess," I grumbled. "Didn't mean to ruin your perfect time!"

     "We didn't come here to have a perfect time," he grumbled, leading me through the dark corridors and back to the window from which we entered. He jumped out, me following, and loaded into the car.

     It was a silent ride back, and I spent that time sorting through things I remembered. I did NOT want to loose my memory again.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"What happened to your face?" Gracia asked when I went home alone. "And where's Edward?"

     "I accidentally got scratched by something," I said, picking up Dieter as he tried to say hello by licking my foot. "And hot-head's at his house, where else?"

     "So it didn't go that well?" Gracia asked, looking disappointed. "Hm, I guess you two were just never meant to be."

     "I-I guess not," I replied quietly, the reality of her words shaking me to my core. I sighed and announced that I was going to bed. Dieter licked my face and wagged his tail as I went up the stairs to my room for yet another sleepless night. ______________________________________________________________________________

 

Over the next few days, I only saw Edward twice. Once when he walked by the shop, and the other time when he walked past the shop again, but in the other direction. 

     This annoying police officer constantly milled around the shop talking to Gracia and giving me dirty looks as if my presence was not wanted there. One day, when I went to fill a vase with water, I came back and heard that stupid officer talking to Gracia.

     "That girl's a freeloader," he said. "If you're not careful, she's going to steal all that money you've earned. She's 18 and crafty, hungry for money to proably buy herself whatever she wants!"

     B*****d...

     "Lucille is a noble, helpful, and sensable girl, officer Hughes," Gracia said in my defense. "She would never steal from me. She works hard, and she's going through a rough time."

     "Like I said, she's 18," Hughes said with a sigh. "Shouldn't she have moved out by now? I mean, it's not as if you're her mother, right?"

     "Well, I'm certainly not her mother," Gracia said. "but she needs me, I know she does. I agree with you that she needs to get some independance, but I can't turn her away, especially for what she's going through now. She's extremely restless, and she's forgetting a lot of everyday things. She even asked me this morning how old she was."

     I felt my heart sink, remembering that dumb and worried look she gave me after asking that.

     "That doesn't matter," Hughes said. "She's an adult, she needs to learn to be one. It won't be long until either she leaves on her own, you tell her to leave, or I force her out."

     I sighed and quietly crept back up the stairs, thus going down them again making my footsteps loud enough for Gracia and officer Hughes to hear.

     "Hey, kiddo!" Hughes said when he saw me. "How's life?" I shrugged and went to put flowers in the vase.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
It's done! Sorry it took so long, Koda.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! LOL! "Excuse me, princess!" LOL!

Anywho, WHAT'S HAPPENING TO LUCY?! DX

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah you better apologize. LOL jk but this was awesome and I hate how Ed's being a jerk. Maybe Koda should put him in line lol.

AND HUGHES!!! DX I love how we both made him mean in our stories lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan