Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Keevan

I layed awake all night. I couldn't close my eyes.

     At about two in the morning, I got up and paced circles around my room, hoping to tire myself out. It didn't work.

     At sunrise, I was still pacing, not feeling at all tired. Just restless. It scared me.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Sitting at the table, I was twitching and kicking my legs slightly. Gracia noticed.

     "What's wrong, Lucille?" she asked. "Are you okay?"

     "Uh, fine," I said. "Just feeling a little restless. I'm going to go for a walk!" I stood up quickly and grabbed my coat and gloves.

     "Hold on," Gracia said, stopping me and hanging my coat back up on the rack. "You promised you'd open up the shop and run it today. No excuses, now. Go open up shop."

     "A-Alright," I said, opening the door and going down the stairs.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

One customer. That was all we had all day. And that customer was Alfons. He bought a rose for Anna, supposedly. He barely said a word when he came in. Just picked out the rose, set some money on the counter, and walked out.

     I wondered if he was still peeved about the rocket thing. I didn't even get to ask him why he went to live at that stupid rocket factory.

     About twenty minutes after that, I was pacing circles around and around the shop. I couldn't stop walking.

     Gracia, who was counting flowers and re-filling vases, sighed and said, "For God's sake, just go take a walk!" I nodded and left the shop, not bothering to go upstairs and get my coat and gloves.

     I walked down the street, up the street, back down it again, and didn't feel any better.

     I wandered and wandered around Munich, and then found myself walking to that hill. The one where I crash landed into Munich two years ago.

     I stood for about a minute, and then continued pacing circles around and around the tree there.

     "Lucy, what are you doing?" someone asked. I completed a circle and saw Edward standing near the path holding a paper bag. I shrugged and continued my pacing.

     "How long have you been out here?"

     "Don't know."

     "Will you stop pacing for one minute!?" Edward was finally getting annoyed. But I didn't stop my pacing.

     "I'm more restless than I was yesterday, Edward," I said. "I can't stop moving. I could't sleep at all last night, either. What's going on?"

     "I...I don't know," he said. "But, just--just try to stop walking around, at least for a little bit." As I made another circle around the tree, he gripped my shoulders and demanded that I stay still.

     I did for about four seconds until I completely freaked out and said I had to keep moving. He quickly let go of my shoulders, and I resumed my pacing.

     "Uh, what's in the bag?" I asked to change the subject. He looked at the bag and sighed as he stuck his hand in it and took out a bronze pistol.

     "What are you doing with that!?" I asked, pacing around him now.

     "Just in case," he said. "I'm planning to go back to that place again tonight, I'm sure there's something I missed there."

     "I'm coming, too," I said without thinking.

     "You're staying here."

     "What!?" I stopped and whapped the back of his head, the continued to pace around him. "I'm not staying here! I'm helping you!"

     "Lucy, are you sure?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head where I hit him.

     "I'm sure!" I shouted with finality. "I'm done just sitting in a damn flower shop while you do everything! I'm not helpless, you know!"

     He sighed, a hint of annoyance in it, and said, "Fine. You can come with. But no holding me back, and don't complain if you get hurt."

     "Since when I have I complained that I've been hurt?" I asked coldly, stopping and staring him square in the eyes. He flinched a little and said, "Never mind."

     "Exactly."

     "I'll come by Miss Gracia's tonight, so be ready," he said. "And none of this restlessness crap!"

     "Got it," I said with a laugh. We walked back into town.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm back," I said as I entered the shop. Gracia was half asleep behind the counter. But she lifted her head and was more awake when I approached her.

     "You were gone forever," she mumbled. "You're staying here and closing up shop tonight, I'm going on break."

     "Got it," I said, as I started pacing around the shop again.

     "You're still that restless?" she asked. I nodded, still not tired. She sighed and shrugged it off, going up the stairs into the house.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hearing how restless Lucy is makes me want to run down the street for a thousand miles. I must read on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 things:

1) I love how Ed is taking on the fatherly role. It's so adorable! :D

2) I still love how you kept Anna. XD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan