Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
18. Chrissy Reacts

18. Chrissy Reacts

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Chrissy tries to get the memory card back from Jonathon and crew.

"

Becka held the back door of the abandoned furniture store open while Jonathon rolled his motorcycle out through it. Stefanie was loading a computer and briefcase into the car. Another car suddenly careened around the corner of the building and screeched to a halt next to them. The driver's door swung open and Chrissy jumped out pointing the gun at Jonathon. “Give me the memory card, Jonathon!” she ordered.


Jonathon and Becka froze. Stefanie started to reach inside her purse. Chrissy turned the gun toward her and said, “Don't!” Stefanie slowly removed her hand and set the purse down on the ground. Chrissy pointed the gun back at Jonathon. “Give me the card!” she repeated.


“We had a deal, Chrissy,” he responded sternly, “I kept my end of the bargain.”


“They took Emily!!” Her voice grew distraught. “They shot Ian and they took Emily! They said they'll kill her if I don't give them the card! Give me the goddamn card!!


“Who took her?”


“I don't know! Someone with a foreign accent!”


Jonathon closed his eyes and shook his head. “The Branković brothers,” he said, “Damn! Did you tell them I have it?”


Yes!! They said to get it back from you and give it to them or they'll kill Emily!”


“Chrissy, once you turn the card over to them they're just going to kill you and Emily both,” he said grimly, “You realize that don't you?”


“It's a chance I have to take. I can't just do nothing! Give me the card!”


Jonathon stared at her for several seconds. Then he made a calming gesture with his hand. “I'm not going to give you the card,” he said, “But I will help you get her back. One of the many services that I offer is kidnap victim retrieval.” She continued to point the gun at him but said nothing. “I'm the only chance you have of getting Emily back alive,” he said, trying to reason with her.


Every instinct told her not to trust the man, but she knew he was right. She had no choice. He was her only chance. She lowered the gun and closed her eyes. “Okay,” she said quietly.


“Jon! We have a plane to catch!” complained Stefanie.


“You guys go ahead, I'll catch a later flight,” he replied.


She gave an exasperated sigh. “No, I'll stay and help,” she said, rolling her eyes.


“Count me in, too,” said Becka. Then she shot Chrissy a hostile look while she rubbed her swollen cheek and said to her, “But I'm doing it for the kid, not for you!”





© 2013 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Suggestions and constructive criticisms are always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When Jonathon said “I'm not going to give you the card,” I expected Chrissy to respond impulsively. Like aiming for his head with a tight grip on the trigger or something. I'm also wondering why Becka would dedicate her presence to Emily and not Jonathon.

It's a good bridge between parts, for sure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Hmm... Becka was talking to Chrissy, not Jonathon. I need to be more clear about that.



Reviews

That chapter flew by. High intensity.

This is an example of when it is correct not to have the scene too grounded. I usually criticize "floating heads" but here it pushes the plot and the reader is already familiar with the characters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
This gets more and more exciting. I hope they manage to get Emily back safe. So fun! I also like how Becka has to get her two cents in about not wanting to help Chrissy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
Good chapter! I'm enjoying this story a lot!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When Jonathon said “I'm not going to give you the card,” I expected Chrissy to respond impulsively. Like aiming for his head with a tight grip on the trigger or something. I'm also wondering why Becka would dedicate her presence to Emily and not Jonathon.

It's a good bridge between parts, for sure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Hmm... Becka was talking to Chrissy, not Jonathon. I need to be more clear about that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

511 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013
Tags: intrigue, adventure, danger, spies, undercover


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591