20. Making Plans

20. Making Plans

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Chrissy and the crew make a plan to get Emily back.

"

“Christ, Chrissy,” said Jonathon with a touch of wonder in his voice, “That took nerves of steel! But you did the right thing. If you'd met them inside that building, they would have killed you both after you gave them the card.”


“What's the point in that?!” she asked with exasperation.


“They don't want to leave anyone behind to alert the authorities while they make their get-away.”


“Couldn't they just tie us up?”


“They don't like to waste their time on such niceties.”


“So... what's the plan?” she asked.


“I don't know,” he answered, “I don't know the layout of the place, yet.” He turned toward the back seat. “Steffi, give me my briefcase.” She handed it to him and he opened it, took out a sheet of paper and a pencil and closed it again. “Draw me a diagram of the factory grounds.” he said to Chrissy. She sketched one out and handed it to him. After he studied it for a couple of minutes he spoke. “The variable is going to be his partner. We don't know where he will be. Stef and I will go with you in your car. Becka will follow in mine. If they see two cars approach they'll know something's up, so Becka will park on the street and wait in reserve. Chrissy, you let Stef and me out right here,” he pointed on the diagram, “It's the least visible spot. We'll fan out and try to find his partner. He'll probably be waiting close by in their car so he can speed in once the exchange is made and finish you off. Try to give us as much time as you can. Take Becka's gun with you.” (Becka gave an audible sigh). “Make sure he sees you carrying it as you approach him.”


“He said to come unarmed,” protested Chrissy.


“I know. He'll make a fuss, but what can he do about it? If you're not armed, he'll simply shoot you and Emily after you give him the card.” He pulled the memory card out of his pocket and handed it to her. “Don't lose it!” he said sternly. He looked at the diagram one more time. “That's the best plan I can come up with without more information. We'll have to play a lot of it by ear I'm afraid. Remember, getting Emily out of there alive is our top priority, but they are NOT to get away with the memory card! Use deadly force if you have to. Are we ready?” They all nodded. “Then let's go.”



© 2013 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Our adversaries are now teaming up together.

As always, suggestions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I recommend breaking up the blocks of text.

I wonder if he gave her the real memory card or not.

Thinking back, all of this started because Chrissy's look was distinctive enough for her to be used as an impromptu dead drop. Therefor the moral is not to have a distinctive look :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Ha, good point!



Reviews

I recommend breaking up the blocks of text.

I wonder if he gave her the real memory card or not.

Thinking back, all of this started because Chrissy's look was distinctive enough for her to be used as an impromptu dead drop. Therefor the moral is not to have a distinctive look :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Ha, good point!
Jonathan certainly is very in tune with how these b******s' minds work, isn't he? Almost too in tune, though I thought the same thing about meeting them in an abandoned building. They could torture her before killing her and nobody would hear her scream.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Yes, I was trying to show that Jonathon has had plenty of dealings with these types (and might even .. read more
Good chapter. Lots of action without actually being action and tension build up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thanks for continuing to read.
I have a personal vendetta against parenthesis, I think you could drop those and be fine.

Since they're free agents, the line; "The use of deadly force has been authorized. " felt weird. It feels official and stuffy, like you'd expect a police chief or general to say it.

I like how they keep pushing the Serb's buttons, and I'm curious about how they'll respond.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Yeah, I think I agree with your opinion of the line, "The use of deadly force has been authorized. ".. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013
Tags: intrigue, adventure, danger, spies, undercover


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591