Chapter 2 Jade's Chapter

Chapter 2 Jade's Chapter

A Chapter by WritersSoul
"

Jade arrives to CrossGate with good grades... Not money. She will not stop smiling.

"
The Headmaster smiled at me.
      With a shyness to me, I smiled back.
My mother Jane sat next to me in the stooping leather chairs of the Headmasters office. The room smelt of varnish and old books, as I gazed along the old wooden shelves there books stood. With acient old spines and new animal decorations.
       "Hello there Jade," The Headmaster smiled. I smiled back, I hated my smile, but I never stopped smiling. I had a toothy grin. "By, you like smiling don't you." He chuckled. My mam just smiled, but a smile covered with fear.
        "Mr. Woods," Mother looked on his desk to see a brass nameplate written with Mr. P Woods. "I am honoured for you to take my daughter in, and her wanting here, but," She looked at the door behind her. "I'm scared she won't fit in-"
         "Mam," I said in a stressed tone. I was literally sick of her saying that. "I'll be fine."
She looked at me wickedly. I smiled.
         "Mrs Kane, I am totally known to what you are feeling," He had a relaxing face on, the one like he knew what he was talking about. "So we are here, as teachers and staff to fully support Jade in any way," He looked at me. "And here if she needs us."
         "I mean," My mother wouldn't stop. "I just seen a boy out there that swore at my girl." I have to say, she had a good eye to see that, as the boy was disappearing around the corner. I was intigued by that boy. His eyes the deepest of blue. Hair of fine locks and shaded brown. Them eyes looked defeated, haunted. I seen so much hatred in those eyes. Maybe that is why he swore at me? He hated me just by looks? I don't know why, but I wanted to find him and know more about him. He fascinated me so much, a person who looked like they couldn't smile. I bet he just thought of me as a weird girl, never once entered his mind.
          "I am sorry, Mrs Kane," He had a sad expression cross his face. "That boy has went through a lot, he isn't himself." His eyesbrows drooped and so did his eyes, them grey eyes that looked like they knew the whole world in and out. He was a wise old man.
          "Well," My mam just looked at her folded hands on her lap, turning her gold wedding ring round and round on her dark skin. "It's just shes 15-"
           I raged. "It's not like I don't know every swear word." I said sarcastically. I was a right swearer. I loved swearing, even for jokes, normally in every sentence. No wonder I've never had a boyfriend. I wasn't lady like. I smiled.
           "True, since you always swear in the house." My mother smiled coyly.
"Right," Mr. Woods stood. "It was nice to have that chat. I shall talk to the boy for further information, thank you for reporting his unnesessary behaviour." He smile brightly. "I shall make sure Jade will find her dorm."
            My mother looked puzzled.
"Oh," He looked offended. Then laughed, a grizzly old laugh. "No, not me, a Pe teacher, Ms Pole." After he said that, a rough looking red head woman opened the door. Her pulled back hair showed her high cheek bones, bringing out her pale ivy skin and blue eyes. She wore sporty clothing, and a thin lipped line for a smile.
            "She will show Jade her room." Mr. Woods smiled.
"This way," Her smile was beautiful, showing her straight white teeth. Her hand gestured out the door. I hefted my bags up on my shoulder and shook Mr. Woods rough old hand which had a firm grip.

I stood in a light dorm room. My light trainers flushed with the wood flooring, and panneled walls. I looked, I didn't have a dormmate yet. My smile vanished.
Guess I have to search for my friends.
       I hated making friends, I was normally invisible in my old schools, normally bullied. Because of my skin colour, because I was smarter than others.
       I walked slowly to a single bed on the left. There were two beds, I took the right. The window was large, I dropped all three of my bags and opened the window.
       I knew it, I smiled. The window would only open 10 ninches.
On my side of the room was a wooden chest of drawers lined with 5 draws and a large oak wardrobe. I didn't have much, I had a lot of trainers. I loved my trainers. I loved my zip up hoodies also.
      I unpacked and done my bed up.
I sat on the cool bed, letting the fresh air hit me cold. I was bored already. I had my Nike airs on and a new light blue t-shirt on with my jacket tied around my waist. I looked out the window.
It showed the school ground, the amount of grass was unbelieveable. The trees that was beyond the boys dorms was scary looking, they looked haunted and yet... Fun? I smiled to myself. It'd be a great adventure to go through there.
       I seen a large grey building at the bottom of our dorm buildings. That must be where the calsses are. Beyond that builing were courts. For the Pe block. Then I looked in the opposite direction. Just opposite, there was a small yet wide Cafe. The small letters made out Cafe Bon. I smiled at the weird name. I seen it was filled with kids, teens really. I sucked up my breath and let it out quick. Seeing the benches spread around the whole of the grounds.
      I stood and walked out the room with the little confidence to make friends at least. Then I bumped into a girl. We both stepped back and smiled at eachother. She had straight black hair past her shoulders, with light blue eyes. Her skin pale and cute dashing freckles along her nose and some on her cheeks.
      "Hey," I smiled. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." I nodded to my door.
"No," She smiled, showing crooked white teeth. "Are you new here?" She stood like she'e be here for long.
       "Yeah." I smiled shyly.
"Cool, me too." She smiled. "I seen a Cafe down the bottom. Wanna go check it out?" She smiled. I liked her, she was a smiler.
        "Very much," I smiled and hooked my thumb through the loop of my jeans. "I'm Jade. Kane."
        "Nora, Gale." She smiled, then we just started walking down the corridor talking.
I was finally happy. Found my first friend, hopefully there'll be more.


© 2011 WritersSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 7, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011


Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing