Chapter 8 The Dance Argument

Chapter 8 The Dance Argument

A Chapter by WritersSoul
"

Turn the lights off and tune up the music up and let the beat set the mood... Will anything happen?

"
I walked down the halls that where covered with white and black tissue paper lanterns and decorations. The floors scattered with confetti of rainbows. The smell of food wafted from the Gym doors, which were draped with strings of colours.
       I felt Nora squeel beside me with excitement, huddling by my side, linking her gothic arm through mine.
"This is gonna be great!" She giggled. I smiled and shared her happiness, loosing my footing with the small inch heels on my feet. The music blasted from the closed doors, and as we approached them, Nora stopped and looked behind her.
       "Is my dress ok?" Nora twirled.
I saw her dress shine beautifully with the low dimmed lights and her heels that showed her toes. Her ripped tights went perfect with ther black gothic dress.
       "You look awesome." I grinned. "What about my eye?" I tilted my head a little.
"Your eye!?" She said a bit too loud. "Jade, you look stunnin', never mid your eye!"
       I smiled at the compliment, never got compliments much.
She opened the doors and we both giggled as we walked through.
       Lights were blazing everywhere in any angle in any direction. The floor dotted with balloons, confetti sprayed all over the gym floor. The smell of perfume and spray filled my nose, as did the smell of food.
Bodies were dancing to the upbeat top chart music, as others ate at tables lined with white cloth and plastic cups. People sat at the sides, not wanting to dance at all, just staring at couples that danced together. I gawked open mouthed as girls and boys grinded together, and smiled as teachers in dresses and suits split them apart.
       I searched eveywhere for him, looking at passing boys and couldn't see a head of brown locks dashed across his face with deep blue eyes.
Nora moaned, I looked at what she was looking at.
I seen as the gym doors were opened and stood a few girls. All in white, hair falling down and their chests secretly half shown from the low cut of their neck lines, dresses reaching their thighs. Nora made a choking sound and had her finger in her mouth. I put her arm down and laughed with her, I couldn't see her face in the dark and lights crazily flying everywhere.
       I noticed the one girl in the middle with the bleach blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, with a stick like figure. She was the one that laughed at me at the Cafe.
 I stared as she soaked up the attention that people gave her, she loved it.
Her legs looked plastic with the amount of glitter she sprayed on them, her head big with the tight looking back combing she had done to it. Her face covered in layers of make-up, with fake black eye lashes that were huge!
        I smirked at her and moved to a table. Seeing Nora showing me one finger indicating 'one minute' as she headed to a table with a big bowl of juice. I looked around, seeing a fire door exit open. Probably to let air in and give people a breather. I seen the dark green of the forest and the blackness of the trunks I seen a few yards away.
       I looked to the front of the gym where a man with decks bobbed his head to the crazy beat he was making, I could feel the vibration of the huge door like speakers blast through my heels.
Then I felt something.
I felt as if I were being watched, someone behind me. I pressed my fingers to my chest, where my necklace burned. I latched onto it, feeling awkward for a moment. Then a cool blow against my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut and spun around on my feet, arms flaring.
        I smacked someone. They where hunching and clutching their face. I instantly felt stupid and reckless. I went over to whoever it was and placed a hand on their back, he raised his head.
Bradley looked at me with a angry expression, but he quickly let go of it and dabbed his watering eye. I looked down and back at him, feeling powerfully my chest throb and fingers tingle.
       "Sorry," I couldn't come up with any other apology.
"It's alright," He breathed in, looking away from my gaze. "I guess you could say it was a way to get back at me." He  looked at the floor.
I looked him up and down, he wore a black suit. I smiled, I smiled unimaginely, he looked like a handsome man, grown up. I wanted to crazily touch him, hold his arm. Dance with him. I seen his hair sweeped around his head, cute cut and sweet.
        I seen him look me up and down. He raised a arm, his hand at the side of my dress, he flicked a skull at the side. I smiled.
"That is ridiculous." He said coldly. I locked our gaze and stuck my tongue out. He raised his hand slowly to my eye. He scarcely touched it. "Can't barely see it." He did an awkward step backwards. His voice still etched with his coldness.
He looked past me, I looked behind me and cursed.
        The blonde came towards us.
She pushed past me, knocking me off my feet. Bradley just stared as she walked up to him, a face with no expression. She smelled strongly of perfume, I nearly choked on it.
"I'm Cassidy, but you can call me Cass." She said seductively.
        I watched as Bradley smirked dirtily at Cass.
She tutted.
        "What's with that look?" She flipped her hair to the side, showing her bare neck, light glitter dotted around that area.
         "Nothing." He looked at me for a moment and I looked down, embarrassed of his gaze. I heard Cassidy turn.
"Oh!" She squeeked. I looked at her. "You are the one who moved here 'cause of family problems, right!?" She laughed. I was confused, rumours about me?
           I was about to speak but she budged in. "No, your mother turned into a w***e for money just to get you into here?!" She laughed more, I was getting angry, my smile now evaporated. I was so embarrassed infront of everyone. I heard Cassidy's laugh at me, too. Bradley just stared at me.
          "Hold it right there," I stepped closer. "You can say bad stuff about me, but not my family." I knew it was a lame threat.
She looked amused.
           "And what are you going to do?" She turned her full attention to me.
I blinked, looking quickly at Bradley. His face set...Unbothered. I felt hot and sick. My stomach was tumbling right now, my hands grasping my arm. I was nervous, if a fight was going to break out, I might not be able to face school again.
            "Thought so." She turned to Bradley. My blood boiled under my skin. I may look pathetic on the outside, but underneath. I was the most annoying, bitchiness girl with bad manners that doesn't show that side to look good in front of others.
"Oh shut your face." I muttered.
Cassidy laughed, bewildered and turned back to me.
             She puttered a laugh. "Whats this?" She flicked the skulls at the side of my dress. Looking down at me. She patted my stomach where the belt was. "Trying to hide something?" I had my head down. Trying to cover my face. I felt like going red, but with my skin colour you couldn't see it, thank god.
She uhooked my belt quick and chucked it to the floor. "Oh you've got a little belly."
She patted my stomach I didn't suck in because I was proud of looking the way I am.
She looked closer at my eyes. "Ha!" She noticed my black eye. "You have a black eye!" She shouted. By this time, people where gathering around me.
            She was starting to pull at the bottom of the dress then I heard a shout.
"Hey!" Nora came from behind me. Pulling at Cassidy's arm.
           I exhaled deeply. Thankful and yet ashamed. I couldn't fight my own battle with the courage I didn't have. I ducked my head.
            "You just keep your hands off of her, okay?" Nora picked up the belt and handed it to me, keeping a dirty look to Cassidy's face. Nora was indeed angry.
I fitted the belt back on.
           "Or else?" She was pushing it with Nora. Nora smiled and flashed closer to Cassidy that she shrieked. I laughed as she stepped backwards, then I realized who she fell into.
            Bradley caught her. Cassidy looked up and smiled sweetly. Nora spat. "Yeah, you two make such a perfect couple!" Nora turned to my hurt expression, then back at them two. I did too. Seeing Bradley drop Cassidy on her bottom, then walking to the fire exit. Girls and boys laughed at Cassidy who was getting up and crossing her arms and walking away.
Nora was laughing her head off, her rich perfume sweet and mild. Her smile full of humour. I felt my cheeks burn from laughing and smiling to much.
            I looked at Bradley who was reaching the exit. Nora looked at me again. "What happened?" She talked sweetly as people disintegrated from the entertainment.
             I was looking elsewhere, then met Nora's annoyed glance.
"Hang on, Nora." I walked past her to the exit. I heard her shout after me.
            I felt the harsh wind bite at me, the bitter cold hitting over my arms, sweepig through my hair. I looked up at the settled moon resting in the black dotted sky that casted an eerie light among the grounds and dim light on the tree tops. I placed one foot outside and was secretly scared. The night smelt dank from the wood, mossy and damp. The smell of food still lingered in the air and plastic cups were lined along the floor near the building.
 I tried to strain my ears to hear aything. I couldn't hear anyone, nor see anyone.
The hush of the night was just secrecy as always. I heard the hoot of distant birds and the crackle of trees touching in the brisk wind.
             Then I ventured out to the wood.
I seen a clear path that Bradley must've taken. I was at the entrance of the pathway, then, as a flash...
               Someone pressed their body against mine behind me, covered my mouth and grabbed around my waist...


© 2011 WritersSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 30, 2011


Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing