Chapter 3 The Talk

Chapter 3 The Talk

A Chapter by WritersSoul
"

The troubled meets the happiness...

"
Right then, I stopped walking down the grounds. Lewis beside me stopped too. It looks like he wants to stay on my good side.
      The Cafe Bon was warm inside, and loads of people. I seen a lot of girls looking at me. I just looked through to see that there was a little queue, and lucky I had a £10 note in my pocket thanks to Julie .
       The air was cool outside.
Me and Lewis checked out the class building from outside, it looked all done up nice and tidy on the inside. The trees brung out an earthly smell, from lakes and broken rotting trees outside, the smells of that kind of thing was wafting to the grounds.
       When me and Lewis entered, the Cafe went quiet, and then buzzed round again. I just kept my gaze straight forward. I know I had eyes on me, both boys and girls.
        I went to the counter and a tall man with hazel eyes and light brown hair. His face set in pure relaxation. Like there wasn't a room filled with kids screaming the lot.
       The air smelt like coffee. I loved coffee, only when I fancied it. But it knocked me sick right now.
        I ordered a can of some Coca Cola, since tea was off the menu for me, and loads of other drinks. I got the drink and turned to Lewis who smiled. His blonde spiked hair still up in the musty room. I caught a girls attention.
        She had blonde hair and blue eyes, nails like razors painted red, just like her lips. Her face covered with heavy foundation. Fake tan covering her body in blotches. She had a straw in her mouth, she winked at me. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I hated girls like that.
         I looked at Lewis that had gotten a milkshake and we had gotten out of the shop.
We took a bench.
         When I had taken a sip from the can, I looked up. I didn't want to sit facing the windows of the coffee shop. So I sat with my back to it. Lewis was facing it, I thought wickedly.
         Then when I looked up, past Lewis, it was that girl again.
Her wavy hair bouncing now in a ponytail. Now dressed with a light blue t-shirt and a hoody around her waist, her dark eyes scanning the grounds. She was walking next to a ivy coloured skin girl, with black hair and light blue eyes. Yet, the girl with coffee skin and dark eyes with luxry wavy hair tied at the back of her head, I was most drawn to.
         When they passed, she looked at me.
She smiled again. That smile that was filled with so much kindness. It was a pretty little smile. I hated it, it was so kind. I bet she was too.
          Lewis caught me looking and looked behind me. He spotted the girls and smiled.
"Is that what you go for?" A cheeky smile on his face.
          I looked at Lewis and said, "Shut up," I said annoyingly.
Lewis put his head down.
          The girls passed and in they went to the coffee shop, I watched as the one I seen disappear in the corner of my eye.
She came back out miutes later, and when the doors opened, I heard laughing from the inside of the shop.
           It irratated me. The girls sat a few benches away. I just kept tasting the fizzy liquid that buzzed around my mouth.
          I watched as she started chatting to the girl with black hair. The girl with coffee skin colour didn't look to happy. I looked back inside the shop. The blonde that I saw was staring at the same girl as me. She was laughing her head off, her group doing the exact same. The boys around her completely spellbound by her.
          I looked back at the girls on the bench. Lewis just looked inside the Cafe.
I heard the black haired girl mention 'Jade'. The girl with the coffee skin colour must be called Jade.
          I smiled to myself. Then quickly lost it. I had never smiled like that before. Thank god it only lasted for like a second.
         When I did, Jade was looking at me. I quickly drew my attention to the Coca Cola.
When the girl woth black hair quickly rose from her seat, and entered the Cafe, I seen that there was a queue, a bit big. I devised a plan.
         "Lewis, here," I handed him a few pounds, I didn't count how many. "Get something for yourself."
          His eyes drifted over the money and he looked in the shop. "Really?" I nodded. "Are you sure?" I nodded more seriously now.
          When he left, I just looked at Jade. Her stare at the forest. Not at all in my direction. I gathered up all the confidence I had and stood. I was a little nervous, since I was never nervous or scared, I was just angry being nervous now.
          I started moving, somehow, I managed to get to Jade.
She looked up as I stood by the bench. I sat in the opposite seat from her.
         I looked at her, quickly looking over her. She had no spots on her face, but she had a tiny unnoticeable spot on her forehead. Covered by dashing dark brown hair that fell from her ponytail. Her eyes, I couldn't concentrate on much since she was staring back at me.
          I was completely speechless by this girl. I had nothing to say.
"Hey," Her voice was liquidy. A voice that would stick to my thoughts from now on and poison my dreams. "You're the one that swore at me earlier." She wore a shy and yet fun smile. I seen she had a crooked smile also.
          I quickly thought, I did't mean to swear at her. I wish I had never done it now.
"Yeah," He looked down, a thin lipped posture on my face. I never apologised, I never apologise.
           "You thought my mother didn't see?" She asked as a question. I looked down, noticed she didn't have a drink. Seen that she had her eyes on me again.
            I looked up to meet her sad gaze with a sweet smile.
"Well," I looked at my can. The smell of Coke now knocking me sick. "Did she?"
           She did a quick nod with a little giggle. "I'm Jade, Kane." She smiled dutifully.
I looked at her. "Bradley-" I held my breath. Thinking I was going to say my original last name. When both my parents where gone. Did I still posses my birth name? So I just gave her Bradley. I looked down then back up again. "Why do you always smile?" That came out a bit quick and forceful.
           She was taken aback by that too. She simply smiled more.
"Well," She had a habit of doing that, too. "I have always smiled. Even when getting bullied." She looked through the glass of the Cafe window. Then looked down. I looked back and caught the gaze of the blonde. I felt my eyebrows arch angrily. I looked away before I ended up swearing at her.
           "Don't pay attention to her." I looked at her and I seen her eyes glitter for that one moment. Was she crying?
            She nodded. Looking away to the trees.
I looked at her again. She had unblemished skin, a necklace on, too. A silver chain? I couldn't see since her hair covered it and so did her shadow of her chin. She had that glow. That glow like she was always happy.
            I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like a weight dragging me down. I hated this feeling. I got on the night of the horrible ending to my life.
            She looked at me again.
I was being quiet.
            She was about to say something, but being the arrogant b*****d I am, I got up and left. Right on track when her friend came out. She looked at me, then looking shaken, she looked at Jade. She had a cruel face on. I liked her already, she was protecting Jade.
            She moved quick to Jade and gave her what looked like a muffin, and I seen a light in Jade's eyes that I couldn't help but stare at. Her eyes looked awed.
             Then Lewis came out. Then I grabbed his arm roughly then we began walking around the grounds. With him liking it or not.
             Then onward, free from Jade's presence, I could still hear the first word she said ring in my head endlessly.
              Hey.
            
        



© 2011 WritersSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing