1

1

A Chapter by carlosav

 "Oh crap, not again!"

 

It was 7:10 in the morning and, as usual, Alex had once again missed the bus, for the fourth time in a row.

 

As on the other three days, Alex made his way up to the bus stop, plugged in his iPod and waited silently for 28 minutes to pass, as that should be when the next bus is supposed to come.

 

It was a usual day in the quiet neighborhood. Mainecroft was just another regular town. Not L.A, and not Whitichta, Kansas either. Mainecroft is a town minus city life. At times there was nothing to do, but still enough casual things to occupy the boring day. A mall, theater, and tons of restaurants gave the town life, but it was still a quiet, peaceful, ordinary life.

 

15 minutes had passed and Alex began to stretch his neck into the street to catch a sign that a bus was coming. Nothing.

 

"Terrific, I seriously have GOT to start waking up earlier, I'm running out of late-start excuses!"

 

Still sitting there, Alex felt a light buzz from his pocket. Recognizing it as a text message, he quickly flipped open the screen to reveal NEW TEXT MESSAGE: CHRIS. Chris was one of those people that could manage to find the urge to text message people at 7:20 in the morning, but nonetheless, it was something to do while waiting for the bus. He read it was it displayed "OMG, you missed the bus AGAIN huh?! lol loser! hurry up and get here! it's lonely :P"

 

Chris is one of those little kid friends that, once you make, you can't live without. After meeting her in sophomore year, Alex read instantly it'd be a fun friendship. And he wasn't wrong. 

 

Being a texting addict himself, he quickly texted back: "ay! NOT my fault! xD frigin bus is late, but ill b there asap."

 

After finishing his text, he noticed a man had somehow snuck up a seat next to Alex, nothing uncomfortable, but he knew he wasn't there when he opened his phone.

 

He put the trifle away in his mind, being he spotted the bus. After the usual routine of entering a bus, consisting of waiting for the people to inboard, getting the dollar bill into the slot, and finding a seat, he noticed the man that sat next to him almost followed him.

 

The stranger took up the seat next to Chris as, once again, his phone alerted another text message.

 

"DUDE! THERE IS NOTHING 2 DO THIS WEEKEND! lets go out somewhere! know anything dats goin on?"

 

It was then the man made his first words of the day.

 

"You and your friend looking for something to do this weekend?"

 

His voice was raspy and full of thick clot.

 

"I'm sorry, were you looking at my te-"

 

"Are you looking for something to do or not?"

 

Alex was more confused than pissed off at this stranger looking into his text messages, so the only thing he could manage to say was:

 

"Uhh.. umm... yes"

 

The creepy man pulled the bus stop string, and stood up as the bus began to slow down.

 

"It's private, keep it that way, silent! You and your friend only, two people per flyer. Again, keep it quiet!"

 

He handed Alex a bright colored paper, and, with that, he got off the bus and left.

 

Alex, even more confused than before, looked at the flyer entitled Panic Light.

 

There were sketches of teens dancing in bright lights above the words $5 a person, two per flyer. Clearly some sort of dance thing. A rave most likely.

 

Out of excitement or bewilderment, Alex responded to the still waiting text.

 

"umm.... i think i found something 2 do... show u when i get there."



© 2008 carlosav


Author's Note

carlosav
point out all the errors and signs of being and amateur please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on September 3, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav