Ch. 7

Ch. 7

A Chapter by carlosav

The jeep turned out of the freeway and into the street that would usually take them to The Bricks restuarant, but instead now would escort them to a dirt path. The path clearly had been run with my cars, as there were tire marks that were cut so deep Eve had to be careful not to drive into one, as there was a big chance a wheel would get caught.

"Crap! Could the road be any more cheap?! I'm gonna mess up my car!"

Eve kept drivng at an alert state for another four miles while complaining how rough the road is. As they came close to what seems like the front gate, an idea of how many people would actually be at the rave cane to everyone.

Nearly a sea of cars were parked all tightly in a somewhat large valley. There was hardly any space inbetween the cars to walk through them, and trying to squeeze another car in the lot was more than out of the question. With a loud and annoyed "oh forget this!", Eve turned the car into a small patch of trees, where only a few other cars stood.


As they made their way through the obstacle of cars,  Alex couldn't help but feel the nervous pressure inside his stomach. He could've sworn it felt like standing in line to get on a roller coaster fir the first time. 


Once they got close to the gate, the group spotted two faces. One was swollen and pale, attached to the body of a thin male, a lazy feel about his appearance surrounded him. The other was more plump, more body than the other, a stupid smile almost always on his face. Their names instantly came to mind: Mark and Joeseph.


“Dudes! You made it!”, came form an over-smiling Joeseph.

 

“Umm, ya, ‘dudes’ implies guys. We’re not all guys, genius,” shot from a some-what insulted Chris.

 

Mark lazily defended with a: “dang, touchy much?”

 

“Oh whatever…” and under her breath she muttered “freakin crack heads…”

 

Trying to keep some amount of peace, Alex enthusiastically added “OK! Well that’s good for hellos, so lets get inside, it looks like, uhh, whatever this is already started.”

 

“Hey, come to think of it, you never said it has a title, Alex,” came from Eve, “And the flyer never mentioned anything, nor is there anything here that implies the name. What’s up with that?!”

 

“Well Joeseph and I have been waiting out here for a while, and there’s talk that there’s supposed to be a host that’ll announce stuff. I guess the name’ll be there too.”

 

“I still think that’s weird, but I’m not to judge.”

 

And without another word, the group of six stepped into the line, handed over their tickets, and walked into the nameless rave.


*****

 

Inside was much like Alex had dreamed.

 

A deep bass was booming in the background, with lighter snares and beats on top of it. Lights flashed and strobed from various places.  Lasers went through the crowd, tagging many people and lifting up over to tag other various objects. Towers pulled up in places, with built in ladders on either side for people to climb on and dance on top of. A heavy mist enshrouded on part of the large floor, leaving dancers to dance blindly.

 

The crowd itself was a showcase. People dressed in various costumes, from everything form regular clothes, to clowns, to almost naked attire.

 

Among the crowd the group of six was a group of four, as Mark and Joeseph had retired from dancing and near the woods, either popping something into their mouths or shooting something into their veins.

 

A few hours passed, it must have been 11:00 when all of a sudden, the lights, smoke, and music all began to slightly slow down.

 

As the smoke cleared, Eve spotted two people she wished she would never spot.

 

A certain ex, and a certain w***e. Tray and Reyna.

 

Alex noticed she had spotted them, and watched as her eyes began to glare, full of despise, yet, never harmful. It was obvious all she felt was pity. 

 

A booming voice was heard over the speakers, and from the center of the rave, a tower appeared, a somewhat tall but old man appeared.

 

“Welcome all!” His voice was old, and sounded tired. “Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Praesul, a name foreign to this land. I welcome you to this evening, as it will be a very exciting night…..”

 

In the crowd, Tray and Reyna were becoming fond of one another, and seeing that everyone’s eyes were on the stand, they made they’re way behind the crowd to where some smoke was blowing into the woods. As they were sure no one would see them, they began to excite one another. They found themselves on the floor, as Tray began taking off what little clothes Reyna had on.

 

In the background, Praesul continued, “all of you may have been wondering what the even you are attending you is called. Well I am allowed to pleasure to announce to you, you are currently in Panic Lux Lucis! And now as we begin, I ask a favor, for the energy to arise, we all chant together the words that will enchant us: Exsisto, Adveho, Luguolo!

 

As the crowd slowly started chanting, Tray and Reyna continued the act they were committing, until an object grew near. A hand pulled Tray off Reyna in the same instant that it slashed it’s nail along with throat. He was thrown 20 feet away, barely alive, but still enough to get away. The scratches on his throat weren’t deep, but they were enough to forbid him of speech.

 

Still in the mist, Reyna noticed there wasn’t a body on top of her, so she stood up, and called into the mist: “Tray? Tray? Where’d you go? Are you playing a game?!” She walked further into the dense woods, unable to see two feet in front of her. “Tray? Where are you? I don’t like this game, where’d you go?!”

 

She made out an image of a person walking towards her, and she came near it.

 

“Tray! What is up with you? This is so weird! And what happened to your clothes? They’re all dirty and rotten.”

 

As she approached the body further, she grew close to it, until a foot was all the distance in-between them.

 

“What are YOU?!”

 

She saw it’s face, a half rotten rotting coarpse, somehow walking, all slowly. Reyna stepped back from it, and into another body behind her. She turned and saw another rotting body, equally as grotesque. She panicked, and before she knew what was happening, she felt searing pain from her back, to the front of her chest.

 

 

She looked down, and saw a hand sticking through her, she felt light headed and dizzy, all became blurred, but she still managed to scream. It didn’t matter though, everyone was chanting back at the rave, chanting Exsisto, Adveho, Luguolo louder and louder.

 

“Exsisto, Adveho, Luguolo! Exsisto, Adveho, Luguolo! EXSISTO, ADVEHO, LUGUOLO! EXSISTO, ADVEHO, LUGUOLO!!!......”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on September 8, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav