10

10

A Chapter by carlosav

At the rave.

 

The music seemed to drown out as a sharp ear splitting scream emerged from almost nowhere. For a few seconds everything became deathly silent, but then smaller weaker screams emerged from the crowd, multiple ones from various parts of the site.

 

Alex looked around and saw the leather women standing on highered levels, eyes wide open, it seemed like they were catching the light all too well. No, they weren’t reflecting the light, they were glowing.

 

As soon as they finished screaming, the music continued booming, somehow synchronized with their voices, but flashes of light emerged everywhere, not in a specific spot, but almost like mere light was flying through the crowds and landing in certain places.

 

Then they came.

 

All too sudden mere corpses descended upon the ravers, all caught off guard. They came from out of the trees, out from the gaps made from the speakers, from the ground, and even some from mere air.

 

They moved slow, but fast enough to prey on an un-suspecting teenager, extinguishing its life in painful ways.

 

A corpse would go to an innocent, slash at it with claws it appeared to have, and eventually knocked it on the floor. From there it continued to slash and scrap large amounts of flesh, while other corpses would come and do the same, multiple amounts of attackers on a sole innocent.

 

They also used every method thinkable to kill an innocent, everything from strangling, ripping out their throats, breaking their necks, using a blunt weapon, some even armed with sharp weapons, but most mainly used their apparent sharp claws to extinguish a life.

 

Eve hid under the stands of the platform, where over her a leathered woman stood, and for some reason, they wouldn’t go near her. Some tried, but as they grew closer, something prohibited them from coming closer, something was controlling them.

 

Eve was safe, for the moment.

 

Alex, Chris, and Clark were almost caught up in the middle of the panic, completely unsafe and vulnerable.

 

Thoughts popped into their heads all at once.

 

RUN. HIDE. ATTACK. DEFEND. SAVE. DIE. GIVE UP. SCREAM. STAY CLOSE. STAY NEAR. STAY ALIVE.

 

Alex realized the other two were as paralyzed in fear as he, which in some way, snapped him out of it. He grabbed the other two and began leading them in the way of the exit. They snapped out of their trance as Alex’s pulled them harder, and began to run on their own. Many other people were doing the same as the three were, running for the exit. As a large amount of people ran towards it, gates seemed to grow from the ground, thick, black, spiked gates with large metal thorns sticking out the sides, making it impossible to climb.

 

Then, as though jumping from over the gate, a leathered woman came rolling off the ground and right in front of the now crowd of people, eyes glowing. It let out a blood-curling scream, and as before, a small amount of the corpses appeared form nowhere, and enraged for some reason, began unleashing fury on the crowd. Alex again grabbed the two away from running into the crowd and instead led them to another direction.

 

Above the still playing music and screams, Chris shouted, “where are we going?!”  while trying to keep up with the other two.

 

Alex screamed back, “into the woods, back around to where the cars are parked!”

 

It was then a larger scream came, a human though, but after the scream creaks of bending metal followed. The three looked up and saw as a tower, somehow tipped over, came crashing down from right on top of them. Alex jumped one way, as Chris and Clark jumped the opposite, making it so that the tower now separated them. From Chris and Clarks’ side of the tower, many people were screaming from horror or pain, it seemed to be all mixed together.

 

Then Chris felt a sharp pain on her shoulders and realized she was being dragged, she looked up and saw a decaying face, of which maggots seemed to be falling out of and landed between her eyes. Clark saw what was happening, tried to get up, but as he did, a leathered woman rolled into sight, and leapt before him.

 

She didn’t stare at him, but instead stared straight at him, nails growing larger, mouth open, fangs fully extended.

 

 

****

Alex

The first thing that came to my mind was: find the others.

 

Not because the four of us together would mean the more I'd be protects, but really that the four of is together would mean the more I could protect them. Even if it's just a little bit, I could protect the as much as possible.

 

So instantly I climbed over the fallen tower ad searched for anyone. There were many people running around, but none I knew.

 

I ran over to a clear area by an area of speakers, and by no means was it actually "clear," but rather less condensed.

 

As I neared the speakers, my instinct was to climb on top and search for the others, but a sound made me consider otherwise. A loud and very audible grunt emitted from the top of the speakers, almost a screech. Then one of the woman in leather appeared as though from air, rolling through an landing on the top of the highest speaker.

 

She stated straight at the crowd, glaring. Then she let out an earsplitting scream, and horror struck my heart again.

 

Wisps of air came from everywhere, and I knew what was happening. Before they appeared, I ran far enough so that I wasn't one of the people that got caught right away, but I didn’t go unseen. One of those things saw spotted me and targeted me as one to die.

 

Panic echoed throughout my heart and head was a mass of confusion and fear. I turned a corner of a tower and came face to face with another one of them.

 

Its instinct told it slash straight across my face, but mine told me to dunk, dodging the near slash. Still crouched my mind became conscious of its legs, vulnerable and exposed, so I took my opportunity. I swept my leg from under it's, and it fell hard.

 

Suddenly remembering that I was still being chased, I looked behind me, and saw the other coming straight at me.

 

In this moment of panic, a person could've one of two things. One would be seen as the most logical to many people, which is to turn around and keep running. The other would come to only a few. Instead of keeping running and avoiding the inevitable, why not face it head on?

 

The thing was stupid, running head first, chest exposed. Dealing with it would be easy; I planted my leg firmly on the ground, twisted my body to get on side position, and extended the other leg to make contact with “it’ straight to the chest. It flew back a little, on the floor, stunned. While my leg was in the air a glimpse of light showed near my ankle, and it was then I realized I was some-what armed. The other thing I had dropped came up, angrier than before, with the same tactic as the other, head first and exposed.

 

This time I planted my left leg on the floor, but pulled my head towards my left ankle, touching it, and swung my right foot around over where my head would’ve been, in a full scorpion pose, hitting the thing straight in the face. As my head was tucked in, I grabbed my knife I had took with me, and as my body reared up again, I unlatched it and help it in a stabbing position, so when I came face to face with the thing again, I used it to slash straight across the chest, and as I pulled it back, I trusted it into it’s throat, where it fell, defeated.

 

The second zombie thing tried to come up from behind me, but instead stupidly ran into the blade I positioned to hit straight between its eyes. It, too, fell defeated.

 

After some sense of accomplishment came before me, I moved on, running back towards the crowds to find the others.

 

 

 



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on September 25, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav