3

3

A Chapter by carlosav

The location was some random alley way on the cheapest side of town, all it needed was some fog in the corner and steam from a manhole and it'd be straight out of a cheesy budgeted movie. There were some other people there in the alley way too, mostly all strangers, but some familiar faces in the crowd.

 

Spotting certain two people, Alex pulled Chris in a little closer and whispered: "Hey look! It's that cheater and his s**t. Tray and Reyna."

 

"Who?"

 

"Remember at the end of last year? When Tray told Eve he's been cheating? Seriously, your bluntness is staring to come more often. I heard she kicked him where it hurts, good for here though, he deserved it, she didn't"

 

"I know, she's such a sweet girl, SO MUCH more better off without him though."

 

"Very true. It'll be awkward though, cause I invited Eve, and she said she'd want to. Just dont mention them to her, hopefully they wont cross paths or anything"

 

"Funny thing too, is it me, or do i see a double chin under Reyna's face?"

 

"You can be such a blonde gossiping girl sometimes, ya know that Chris?"

 

"I try."

 

At that moment all attention diverted to the side door on the right, as it crashed open with an abrupt BANG.

 

A middle heighted women in red appeared, and began going through the crowd, trading in flyers for tickets, stashing them in her dark red coat she had on. 

 

Alex got confused, as he was expecting the creepy guy to be here.

 

"Uhh, this isn't who i got the flyer from, NOW how are we supposed to get more flyers?!"

 

"ALex, now your being the blunt one. She's cramming them in her coat pocket. OUTER coat pocket. The one that's big, and easy to reach into."

 

"Your freaking crazy if you think-"

 

"Shh! she's coming, just keep her busy." And with that, she casually moved away from Alex as the woman in red came over.

 

In a thick European accent, she muttered "flyer?"

 

"Oh, umm, ya, right here."

 

"Money?"

 

Alex lost focus for a second, as he saw Chris walking perpendicular to the woman in red. As though she had no regards for stopping.

 

The women asked again, "MONEY?", a little more impatiently this time.

 

"Oh, sorry, here."

 

As Alex handed over the money, and the women in red extended her hand to receive the bills, Chris apparently "tripped" over what seemed like a pebble and barged right into the women in red, nearly knocking her over.

 

"WHAT are you doing?!" Following her words, the women in red slammed her hand to Chris' throat.

 

"I'm sorry! A mistake!" Her words came out slow and chocked. "I came to redeem a flyer!

see?!"

 

As Chris put up a flyer, the women in red let her go instantly. After giving her the tickets, the women in red made a final sweep into the crowd, and went back into the door, without a word.

 

"B***h nearly choked me to death!"

 

"And for good reason! What the hell made you think you can pull that off?!"

 

"But it worked....." WIth a smirky grin Chris pulled up another flyer from under her shirt and waved it in Alex's face.

 

"Only YOU would go that far for a piece of paper."

 

"It's my bluntness."

 

As they made their way home, two things bother Alex. One was the fact the women in red got so tempermental right away. As though her blood was under constant boil. And the other was why did she back off so quick when she saw the flyer? Why did she care so much for people to come the the rave? What was really going on?



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on September 4, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav