2

2

A Chapter by carlosav

 School carried a different light that day. Chris' overexcitement was only matched by Alex's skepticism regarding the newly found out rave.

 

"Dude! Raves are so cool! All the lights and booming music, I cant wait till Saturday! There's only two days left, we've only got two days to prepare! Lets head out to the mall later and make something out. Ahh! I cant wait, how come your not excited though? Be excited!"

 

"Well sorry for not being thrilled about getting invited to a scene by some random creepy stranger. I just think it's all strange, and I don't know if it's all the best idea to go, that's all."

 

"NO.... We're going! Nothing bad will happen, come on."

 

"Well, if anything, we have to try to get a larger group to go, just to be safe. Six people are safer than two, ya know?"

 

"But that's not possible, the flyer's only good for two people, how's that gonna work?"

 

"Well we can just make copies, genius. Meet me up at the media center during lunch, cause I gotta go see if I can find people that would be willing to go."

 

"Sure thing, I'll start looking too. See you then!"

 

As Alex started walking through school during the last few minutes before the first bell rang, the words from the creepy old man started to eat at him. "Keep it quiet!" Why would it have to be kept a secret? What's so bad about it? And even worse, with Alex and Chris asking around, what would happen when word got around?

 

Luckily for Alex, the thoughts were about to get knocked out of him, literally.

 

Alex tried walking as a harsh TWACK landed dead center in his back, followed by a "get out of the way loser!"

 

Nate and Alex probably have the oddest friendships ever created. More than a normal false-hate friendship, but mixed with actual support guys would never admit to each other. Either way, best friends is among the obvious titles they could have.

 

"Nate, your an idiot, I hope you know that. But, hey, what are you doing on saturday?"

 

"Work, another saturday night wasted closing up at the Brick's"

 

"Well your fault for choosing the most hectic restaurant. But there's no chance of you being able to call out? There's this one rave going on in the hills, it's sort of near the Brick's, just havent gotten the exact location yet. It's really secretive to get in."

 

"A rave? Honestly? You?!"

 

"And what's that supposed to mean exactly?!"

 

A very smirky "nothing, nothing at all" was his response, followed by the ring of the bell.

 

"K, well I'm gonna head to class, let me know if you can make it on saturday, assuming you wanted to go."

 

"For sure, but don't bet on it."

 

*******

 

Later at lunch, Alex and Chris meet up at the media center, but with a disturbing discovery.

 

"Well try it again!"

 

"We tried four times already, Chris! It's not going to copy!"

 

"Well what kind of paper can't be read by a scanner?!"

 

"Do you think it's not the paper the flyer's on, but the ink? Well, if it even is ink."

 

"WHAT could it be if not?!"

 

"Don't know, don't care. But look, to get the actual tickets, we gotta meet at this one place later today, so if we're there, than that means Creepy Weird Guy will be there right?

 

So what if we just take a flyer or two there, and buy the other tickets we need tomorrow?"

 

"What are you talking about?!" Just coming to her mind that she hasn't fully read the entire flyer, Chris scanned the page and saw at the bottom: Note, flyer and money will not let you in alone. Meet at ruendevous site at 8 pm on every night before to receive the accepted amount of tickets."

 

"Your really blunt sometimes Chris"

 

"Shut it. Well then, I guess we're gonna have to what, steal more flyers? What's the worst that could happen now?"

 

"I dont know, but Creepy Weird Guy seemed pretty anal about it being a secret and only allowing two. Lets just do our best not to get caught."

 

"You got it, meet you later then, at 8."

 

 

 



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 3, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav