5

5

A Chapter by carlosav

 A group of five was seen walking through the mall later that day. Alex, Chris, Eve, and Clark were going through cheap clothing stores, building up costumes for the next day. Nate had a free day from his work and tagged along. Even though he wasn't going to the rave he'd never miss a chance to spend time with his friends.

 

At the moment they were standing inside a goth shop, surrounded by a variety of leather and black clothes. It was basically all quiet, until a loud "Oh this is cute!" erupted from Chris' mouth as she help up a small leather mini-skirt.

 

Alex replied sharply with a "Oh so are you planning on making business at the party too?"

 

Chris didn't reply, instead she less than playfully hit him with a chain she found that she also decided she was going to buy as well. Clark bought his first piece of rave clothing, a mini back pack that matched with an all black shirt splattered with fluorescent paint. The only thing Alex could find that he managed to like was a pair of finger-less leather gloves.

 

Eve, being unable to have any gothic interest, suggested to try one of the athletic stores. Nate seconded the option, but most likely from some sort of jealousy that he was unable to participate in the costume making.

 

While passing through, they stopped at a local boba shack. After they all had gone through the short waitress, and after her repeating "would you like boba with that?" five times, they all sat down at a table before heading to the sports store. 

 

Eve's phone went off, and after a quick conversation and saying good bye, she announced: " So Mark just called, they're at the alley way now, gonna buy the tickets. It's a for-sure thing then!"

 

"All right! Now I get a reason to wear the leather mini-skirt!"

 

As they continued discussing the rave, and what they were going to do, an observer sat down two tables over. Alone, silent, she just waited and watched.

 

 

 

*****

 

Late that night, Alex and Nate were in Alex's bedroom, Alex having finished his costume; a bright colored running shirt, with dark blue-green jeans.

 

"Hey man, are you sure you wanna go through with the whole rave thing? You do know how dangerous they are right? A whole buncha stupid people sticking themselves and popping whatever it is they do, and when they get high enough, just start sticking whoever the hell they want."

 

"I know how they are, and I know what can happen. I'll be able to take care of myself, don't worry."

 

"It's just that, I'd wish I could be there, just to help out. You know your gonna have to look after Chris and Eve too right?"

 

"Well as much of a tomboy Chris is, she can sometimes get a little, well, not bright sometimes. Eve's determined she can get through it without any problems. And if anything, she's IS a gymnast and all, she's bound to have that hidden strength all girl gymnasts do."

 

"Haha I doubt that part just a little. But still, watch your back ok? And everyone else's too. The rave's not far from the restaurant, so if anything goes wrong, you know where to run."

 

"Deal. But honestly, don't worry about it. What's the worst that will happen? They're just a bunch of harmless ravers."



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on September 6, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav