9

9

A Chapter by carlosav

At the rave.

 

Despite Mark’s disappearance, the group tried to remain as content as physically possible. Everything seemed fine; everyone was as content as a person can be at a rave. That was until more people began to show up missing, and people started to panic.

 

“…I haven’t seen her since! She went out to go find a place to lie down and I never saw her….”

 

“He just needed to take a leak out into the woods, but he’s been gone for too long now….”

 

“ Lets just go out and look for her really quick, just to make sure….”

 

“They couldn’t have gotten lost right? They were just going a little bit out in the trees….”

 

Eve is as conservative as a girl can be, so when she would see a person dressing anything less than descent, she would always speak her mind about it.

 

“Ugh, look at that tramp in leather. Could she be any paler? I hope that’s powder, else shed have problems.”

 

Soon after she noticed another that was dressed in a similarly bad manner.

 

“Eww she’s wearing a trampy leather outfit too. And she’s just as white. And so is she…”

 

It was then that Eve noticed there were quite a few of these promiscuous-dressing women around, but spread out among the dancers. Eve began to approach one, just following her, as the leathered woman began making her way to one of the stages, but in the process, she had to leave the other three to do so.

 

The woman went to the far side of the site, where a stage that somewhat resembled a runway had a packed bunch of dancers and electronic equipment on and around it. Eve was aware there was distance growing between her and the others, but something about these women didn’t seem right, and she had to see what it was. She just hoped everyone, or anyone would notice she was gone.

 

Chris instantly noticed Eve’s absence and panicked, as the list of disappearing friends was growing steadily longer.

 

“Where’s Eve?!” Chris screamed above the music.

 

Alex and Clark, suddenly aware of Eve’s absence, started to panic as well, as a mutual agreement was made without speaking to set out and find here The crowd of unaware dancers was tight and packed, with a firm “stay together” from Alex, the three went into the crowd to find their missing friend.

 

*****

 

Outside the rave.

 

Maeve stands on a boulder, overlooking the scene of the rave, while a less-than-happy Drandrin approached her.

 

“If you wouldn’t mind, we’d like to get along with our plan that we’ve been preparing for the past four years. In any matter, I’d like to see it go through sometime before I-“

 

“HUSH! It’s not quite right yet.”

 

“The vixens are set up already! For what reason are you possibly making us wait for?!”

 

“There’s something about this, it’s not right. All these people, to die, for what?”

 

“Am I hearing this from a vampire?! Or did you just wake up and conjure up in your head that you’d start to become weak?”

 

“JUST because I am what I am does not mean I have to live out my life as a cold hearted fiend.”

 

“As I recall, you CHOSE to live this life. You were warned of this life, you chose the thirst of blood over the hunger for food, and now you have immortality, is that not what you wanted?! Now if you want to keep that immortality, you best do what you were assigned and order your vixens to start what needs to.”

 

“I need blood to survive, yes. I can seduce men to do my bidding yes. But I don’t ever WANT to do it. It’s something I do, a curse that came along with everything else. In my own mind, I wonder if I still want this life any longer.”

 

“Well for now, you do. So, without any further ad due, let’s start the events, shall we?”

 

Maeve looked at Drandrin one final time, then at the rave. She felt the mental lock she feels when she touches the minds of  the vixens, and let out her cry, one that let them know it was time.



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on September 25, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav