11

11

A Chapter by carlosav

ts sharp nails dug deep into my shoulders, that combined with all the cuts and scratches I was getting from being dragged only left me to keep screaming at the top of my lungs.

 

Due to all the panic some of the d structuring around me was being smashed, so debris littered the floor. Seizing my opportunity I grabbed a pole lying by and stuck it straight through the skull of whatever was dragging me.

 

It took its claws out of my shoulders and collapsed over, dead, as dead as could be anyway, not that I checked, as I bolted away if it had the decision to get up.

 

I was separated from everyone the others, now just a stranger in a mass of other strangers, running and screaming for life.

 

I had to get to some safety and find the others, no matter the cost. So, most likely labeled as stupidly, I ran straight through the crowd of both dead and alive people, not stopping till I reached the end of the mass. Inside I saw people being torn apart, slashed, and beaten, all the while feeling a pain in my gut as I ran past then, and could not help them.

 

There was a point where it seemed the mass of dead and alive people stopped, a clearing in anyway clear could be defined in this situation.

 

So with my one opportunity, I went in-between the towers, it seemed most clear there, maybe I could find someone I knew.

 

Dunking between broken stages, speakers, and other large debris, I quickly made my way to the towers, staying as most out of site as possible.

 

There were two fallen speakers near the tower clearing, so I ducked behind them and scanned the near space, but as I crouched over, a blood-curling scream came from somewhere nearby, no way was it human.

 

I turned toward the scream trying to see if I could find where it came from. I stopped dead as I heard a rustle from the crevice made from the two speakers, and movement from the dark from the corner if my eye.

 

I looked inside for a second, nothing. Quickly, I moved my foot to stand up and turn away, but as I did, bony hands with nails 5 inches long and razor sharp reached out and tried to grab at me, disgusting arms and naked torso emerging from the shadows, slashing at me.

 

At least I was given the break that the thing was slow, so I easily dodged its arms, but as I tried to run away it climbed out and began to follow.

 

Stupidly I ran in the middle of the three towers, easily spot-able to anyone but now dangerously vulnerable. I ran to the right and three bodies appeared, all with either some blunt object or more razor nails. So then I bolted to the left and came face to faces with four more bodies, all grotesque and misshapen faces.

 

Surrounded by all three exits, I did the only thing I could do when my mind is yelling: “ESCAPE!” I went to a tower and started climbing, knowing that those things were coming up right after me.

 

At ¾ the way up, I began to grow weary of the climbing, my shoulders started to feel sore and I wanted to stop, I slowed down just a bit, I don’t know if I could’ve gone longer before completely collapsing. I screamed at the top of my lungs when I felt a hand around my ankle, a tight grip trying to pull me off the ladder.

 

My hands stayed planted to the bar, and as it raised my foot up and down, I slammed it downwards, so it hit it straight in the face, knocking it off and down, taking all the other things climbing behind down with it.

 

Pulling myself over, I looked back down at the ladder and saw more bodies climbing up, near the ground, they would be at my level in a little bit.

 

A groan, gasp of air, and creak made my head spin as I realized the tower had two ladders and those things were climbing up the second.

 

Its head peeked over the ladder and I ran and kicked it as I would a soccer ball, and its body went hurdling over, down to the floor. As I looked over the tower I saw even more bodies climbing up, and on the other side more were still coming. An endless wave of horror and malevolence.

 

Two climbed from either side of the tower now, all seemed over now. Lost hope. Nothing. They drew near, and I began to ready myself for them. If anything, I would not die cowering. They were within attacking range now, one made its first move, an undirected slash.

 

From then I thought it was the sound of my beating heart exploding, but the bang I heard was clearly not. As after it came the body fell, and another bang, and another body falling. I had no idea where the shots were being fired from, but I didn’t really care.

 

They continued, pecking apart the things as they climbed. At this, I noticed how close the other towers were, not close enough for me to jump to one, but maybe, just maybe, it my tower were to be tilted just a little bit, I might be able to make it.

 

It occurred to me then why the other tower had fallen easily; they were easy to tilt.

 

From this, I ran from one side, grabbed the edge and shifted my weight do I pulled the side and it began to slowly rock.

 

Very slowly at first, but with growing intensity. As I continued to rock, the ladders began to shake loose, and many of the bodies began to fall, some high enough to fall to their deaths, some just injured.

 

The tower was at full swing, coming very close to the other. As it looked like it would crack and fall down, I jumped over to the other tower, my stomach hitting the edge, now bruised, but I knew I was safe.

 

The tower swung back the opposite direction, and this time the momentum was grand enough to carry the tower to the ground. As far as anyone knew, I had been there. Nothing saw me on the top of the tower, and nothing saw me climb down to the ground.

 

Only for the moment, I was safe.



© 2008 carlosav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on October 24, 2008


Author

carlosav
carlosav

Writing
Fridge Fridge

A Poem by carlosav


walled off walled off

A Poem by carlosav


untitled untitled

A Book by carlosav