Present Day

Present Day

A Chapter by George Love
"

Kevin's dream is interupted by the tones.

"

 

 
Present Day
 
 
 
Kevin tossed uneasily in his bunk as the tones went off. 
“Station 1, Medic 11A-1, stand by for traffic”, blared the loudspeaker.
Gabriel and Kevin started their ambulance and checked enroute with dispatch.
“Medic 11A-1, ready to copy traffic” Kevin said. 
“Medic 11A-1, routine traffic Memorial Lakeside transfer Labor and Delivery to Women’s Hospital. Woman in labor.”
This call interrupted a dream that haunted Kevin at least once a month for the past five years and he was thankful for this call, even though it was an interfacility transfer. This call would keep his mind off the next scenes from his past buried for a few more hours or days. 
They made the drive to Memorial in almost total silence. Gabriel was nervous and still shaken by an incident with a loose hood latch a couple days ago. A hood hitting your windshield at 85 miles an hour might shake you up a bit.
“Still second guessing yourself on the hood?”
“No mucho” Gabriel replied. “El vaso mucho grande alla.”
“En ingles”, Kevin requested. 
“The glass caused much noise” Gabriel corrected himself. “Asustado bambino menor mierda.”
“Medic 11A-1 on the scene” Kevin reported.
Gabriel made a show of wanting to ride with this patient, but they knew it was Kevin’s call. Gabe was a basic EMT and potential childbirth was the Paramedic’s gig at Life Star.




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't exactly get it... what hood? =/

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love