Right Place for a Scoop

Right Place for a Scoop

A Chapter by George Love
"

One of Helen's news teams films Kevin in action

"

 

Right Place for a Scoop
 
 
 
           “Stop the van!” Jess yelled. “God, did you see that?”
“See what?” her camera operator asked as he on instinct pulled the news van to the shoulder of the interstate.
“That truck down there!” she yelled. “It just flipped. We’ve got a scoop!”
Van did not share the intern’s enthusiasm for this story, but she wanted to try to make a break for herself and she wanted to do this story.
“Jeez, if you’ve seen one wreck, you’ve seen them all. Chill out Jess! How about we just roll a little footage and call it a night?”
“No way Van! This is a big story in the making. I can feel it right here. Something is not going to go right, or something heroic is going to happen and we are right here to catch it for the viewers. I want this story. Set up the tower.”
Van grumbled about the number of wrecks and rubber neckers just wanting to see someone die on the roads, but he followed Jess’s instructions. He called in for signal check and locked the antennae in place. If Jess wanted a story, Jess was going to get a story. 




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love